Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
The "how low do your coilovers go" thread...

i had an idea a while back when i did my write up for my circuit sports suspension parts install. i thought it might be a good idea to start a thread that was dedicated to the height of coilovers (as no one does this in their product reviews anymore). i thought it may help those who are in the market for coilovers make a better and more educated decision on their purchasing (plus they wont get burned by not being able to lower their vehicle to the height they would like). before you start posting pics of your car, there are some examples that need to be follow before anything else. if your post does not follow the below requirements, i will mark it for deletion or editing. please keep any and all discussion to a minimum. this is NOT a thread to post pictures of fitment or how low your frame rails are. if youve posted a review, please post a link to it.

REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

• post can contain pictures of front AND rear coilovers laid out on ground with measuring tape next to coilovers with lower mounts set AS LOW AS THEY WILL GO (please make sure your pictures are clean and crisp)
• post can contain a level side shot of your car (this is NOT meant as a wheel fitment thread).
• post MUST contain BRAND, MAKE/MODEL, DATE OF PURCHASE, SPRING RATE, ADJUSTABILITY, VENDOR, PRICE POINT, AND REVIEW THREAD of your coilovers (review is only if youve made one, no biggie if you havent, it just helps).
• post can contain your wheel size, offset and tire size
• post MUST NOT contain more than 2 photos of your car.
• post MUST contain notes about how low your lower mounts are and if youve removed any perches. please note if you can go lower than your pictures show, and if so, by how much.
• post MUST contain notes regarding spring preload. if youve drooped your springs to get the car lower because the lower mounts are maxed out, please note this.
• post MUST contain a link to a review you have done on your coilovers IF you have written one.
• vendors posting in this thread, a side shot of the car isnt 100% required, just pics of the coilovers with measuring tape mentioned above.

so here, i will start the thread (please copy and paste into your reply)...

BRAND: Circuit Sports
MAKE/MODEL: DPS C1-Street
DATE OF PURCHASE: August 2011
SPRING RATE: 8F | 6R
ADJUSTABILITY: 15 clicks
VENDOR: Phase2Motortrend
PRICE POINT: $850-$895
WHEEL SPECS: Nissan Teardrop Rims 15x6 - 205|60|R15 (F & R)
REVIEW THREAD: http://zilvia.net/f/chat/400989-circ...ew-thread.html

NOTES: car is as low as it will go in the rears, i have about 3/4 of an inch left upfront to go down. all collars are still in place. spring preload is snug (just so the perches dont back off)

PICS:

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 04-11-2013 at 01:09 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links