Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post 2011 Nissan GT-R $84,060, Limited To Just 315 Units For U.S.? [New Cars]

03-10-2010 04:30 PM

The 2011 Nissan GT-R receives a number of improvements including a slightly revised suspension and more standard features. Unfortunately, the base trim was dropped and possibly only 315 are bound for the U.S., all $84,060 GT-R Premiums. MoreÂ*»

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
is this the specv or nismo edition which is shorter n stuff?

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
no, it's just regular GTR with some added luxo amenities that are irrelevant to it's performance.
Having one trim makes sense.
Producing 315 units though?!

Wonder if Nissan had trouble selling the 1,500 allocated to the US market in 09?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #4
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
They aren't having a problem here in vegas from what I know of. I see a new GT-R in the showroom of a couple nissan dealerships I visit regularly. More than likely they are trying to make it less of a common vehicle. Or they are building up anticipation for the V-Spec model.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Theres a GTR at a dealership near me that has not only been there for 6+ months, but is now no longer in the showroom. Yes, thats right.. it gets rained (and snowed) on.
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
SeattleRPS13

SeattleRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I see GT-R's at most all of the Nissan Dealerships. Kind of makes me mad cause I had some dude who barely looked 18 in a GT-R right next to me at the stop light. Freakin' kids and their parents money.
SeattleRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRPS13 View Post
Yeah I see GT-R's at most all of the Nissan Dealerships. Kind of makes me mad cause I had some dude who barely looked 18 in a GT-R right next to me at the stop light. Freakin' kids and their parents money.
same here i see at least three gtr's near me but they are just not affordable for the average person...plus for some reason NY dealers always marker everything up
Old 03-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Brother and I went into our local Nissan dealership a while back and they were asking for $125k. We told them, for that much, we're looking at a used Ferrari or Lamborghini that will still fetch us more pootang and stares than the GTR.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have seen several on the road around, here including a Black one that resides in the Neighborhood.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #10
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
no kidding huh? I have also seen kids that look 18 Driving GTR's WTF?
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
pancakes562
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
pancakes562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
limited cuz not everyone is going to/can buy one
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
Blacksilvy
Leaky Injector

Blacksilvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Blacksilvy Send a message via MSN to Blacksilvy Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksilvy
sometimes i think there should be regulation of what teenage drivers should be allowed to drive for safety reasons, i mean seriously who wants an 18 yr old brat driving around a 400+ hp car with no experience behind the wheel? not only is it not safe it can get people killed which it has in the past.
Blacksilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i know 2 people with in my area kinda an asain kid that lives in pasadena(white GT-R).. i think he goes to PCC or something of the sort and a middle age man with one(silver).
sure they are great wish i could drive one or just sit in one haha i'm sure its an amazing machine. dave you havent been in one yet?? hahaha
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
Hillkill
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Hillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud ofHillkill has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
HA HA I just saw two at a mitsubishi dealership. Both got traded in for evo's.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #15
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I bet none of u... And I mean no one... Would ever complain or bitch about driving a new skyline at the age of 18 at the expense of your parents money..... I only come to one conclusion .... Hate .... Hate... Hate.... I could allready see it " no daddy no, 500hp skyline is to much for me at such a young age, please daddy buy me something with less power" haha yeah right! Haters... It's the thruth que no?
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #16
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Does the white GTR have a "Mines" decal on it?

LOL @ the GTRs getting traded for Evos. Maybe that togue vid where the GTR eats it after chasing an Evo has something to do with that?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
LOL at the jealousy in this thread.

You wouldn't think twice about changing shoes with an 18yr old with a GTR.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
Jturbo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Jturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
they should redue the tranny because is junk, one of my friends allredy when thru one
Jturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
300zxsteve
Leaky Injector

300zxsteve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillkill View Post
HA HA I just saw two at a mitsubishi dealership. Both got traded in for evo's.
If it was south coast mitsubishi, they werent traded in for evos. The owner just bought them used as stock
300zxsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
the owner at that dealership is a huge snap-on(tool)...lol

crooks
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
it's ok dealer-ship.
they will rip you for trade-ins.
their service dept is mediocre at best.

however, if you want to buy/lease a new evo they do have a great selection & sell at invoice.
I got my evo there & overall it was a good purchase experience.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #22
seanforney
Zilvia Junkie

seanforney is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to youtube and watch the 50 minute or so special on this. They actully loose money producing these, that is more than likely why there are such a limited amount coming to the US. Makes sense to me, why make more of something that you are loosing money on!
seanforney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

because it's meant to be halo car of sorts.
serves as a publicity stunt to bring ppl to their dealerships & showcase their technology.
perhaps also serves as a platform for motorsports.

not every product is meant for profit.
what matters is the overall company is profitable.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #24
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
lots of hate for successful parents....

it's how the world works, some are more fortunate than others... :\
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #25
dato
Zilvia Junkie

dato is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

not every product is meant for profit.
what matters is the overall company is profitable.
???? Not every product is meant for profit????? The whole point is to make a profit.... I understand what u are trying to say but u have it twisted.... it comes down to cost to manufacture.. And the price for materials and labor and fix cost and blah blah blah... Maybe when they priced it material was lower in cost I'm basing this on the economy for the last 2 years were everything fell... And since they been up on the rise again this could have offset their cost, maybe they have to many master techs working on less motors could be alot of variables. I sure won't do business if I'm allready losing money...yes we can say let's think long term but in reality this is not were There bulk of their money comes from.
dato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Well Nissan isn't just selling the GTR, now are they?

The GTR draws attention to potential buyers into the showroom who wouldn't otherwise be as interested.
They oogle at the GTR, and end up buying something like a Z, Altima, or whatever.
Those more modest models sell at far more volume, have profit margins, and are the real money makers

That is the general idea of a halo car.
Think of it as a form of advertising and a means for the company to flaunt it's technology.

Think about it, 315 GTRs will be sold in the US this year.
Whatever profit or losses from the sales alone are negligible to a company the size of Nissan.
They don't have to make money off the GTR to sustain themselves & they aren't going to be hurt bad if not a single GTR sells
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #27
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

He did not say just gtr... How is someone goingwith the purpose of buying a gtr going to end up with a altima??? Makes no sence.... What familyis going to go buy a gtr only a selected group... And yeah u could get the 18 year old going to go look at the gtr... Maybe that's why they priced it higher to offset the cost and to male money.... I'm sure that's not the goal to lose money.... And now they will be limited so people with money could pay more for the fact not to many can have them...
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #28
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
the way i see it 315 limited here is a good thing becuse since they went on sale ive seen several totaled or there sitn in a rich persons garage for a talking peice the car is ment to be drivein not sit in the showroom just like if some one buys a ferrari its a race car not a bently
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #29
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Once u have money u do whatever u like to it...
Old 04-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #30
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
He did not say just gtr... How is someone goingwith the purpose of buying a gtr going to end up with a altima??? Makes no sence.... What familyis going to go buy a gtr only a selected group... And yeah u could get the 18 year old going to go look at the gtr... Maybe that's why they priced it higher to offset the cost and to male money.... I'm sure that's not the goal to lose money.... And now they will be limited so people with money could pay more for the fact not to many can have them...
The GT-R is Nissan's flagship model and is supposed to bring up the brand imagine and drum up interest in people who wouldn't look at Nissans.

The intent is not to sell a would be GT-R buyer an Altima, but to use the GT-R as an advertising tool to sell more cars as a brand (Nissan).
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote