Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #661
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBucch View Post
Why would you say that the game is going to suck? Its being developed by THQ, who made the pride game in 2001, which is the best fighting game around.

edit- Im at work and cant watch the video though =(
I never played the Pride game, but I played one of the older UFC games, and MMA just doesn't translate all that well to VG's.

Maybe it won't suck. I guess combo's could be used to do holds, locks, counters etc.

Either way, the trailer is unreal.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #662
PBucch
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I never played the Pride game, but I played one of the older UFC games, and MMA just doesn't translate all that well to VG's.

Maybe it won't suck. I guess combo's could be used to do holds, locks, counters etc.

Either way, the trailer is unreal.
I heard the UFC game sucked, the pride one is great, quick matches, cool transitions between positions,

standing
clinch
one opponent standing, one on the ground
mount
rear mount
full guard
half guard
open guard
closed guard

Game was pretty well thought out.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #663
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Well if this game is as good as what you say, and it looks like the trailer...I may stop paying for pay-per-view events! Jk.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #664
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
guys the old UFC games were made by a total different company
Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #665
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyFD3S View Post
guys the old UFC games were made by a total different company
And your point is??????

PBucch is saying this one is being made by THQ which made the good Pride game.

Where are you going with this?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #666
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
my point is this

you are saying the old UFC games sucked so this one will too ?

your logic is flawed
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #667
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
my point is this

you are saying the old UFC games sucked so this one will too ?

your logic is flawed
Not really. It's perfectly logical. Usually when a certain type of game sucks, it's stays that way. Comic book VG's are a good example. There are exceptions, of course, but the odds of it being a the caliber of game like...Soul Caliber or Virtua Fighter are slim.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #668
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

no it is not.

Fight Night RD 1 was very basic and suckish

look at RD 3

burnout 1 and 2 sucked

look at 3.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #669
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
no it is not.

Fight Night RD 1 was very basic and suckish

look at RD 3

burnout 1 and 2 sucked

look at 3.
Like I said, there are obviously exceptions. I'm just saying that a GOOD MMA game is going to be very difficult to pull off. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #670
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
ok enough fighting about which game sucks. this game looks dope as fuck. i played the UFC one..i didnt like it. winning was to easy and went by quick.

whats everyones take on Machida vs Shogun? i think this will be a very good fight. machida is a smart fighter. but of course im going with shogun.

wandy/chuck called off =\
Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #671
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

heheh

shogun takes it to him

Machida wont know how to counter shogun and wont be able to handle him like he did with Rich Franklin.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #672
ImporteXBUILT
Leaky Injector

ImporteXBUILT will become famous soon enoughImporteXBUILT will become famous soon enoughImporteXBUILT will become famous soon enoughImporteXBUILT will become famous soon enough
My picks for 74:

Randy Couture
GSP
Joe Stevenson
Marcus Aurelio
Babalu
KENDALL GROVE!!!
Travis Lutter
ImporteXBUILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #673
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
I think Gonzaga is going to beat Randy, hes such a beast.

i got a chance to meet him at NAGA New England Championships, he actually sat next to me for like 10 minutes speaking broken english while I spoke spanish to him, it was great. Napao yo Napao!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #674
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Quote:
Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time"

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true"

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

Quote:
Chuck Liddell vs. Keith Jardine to Headline UFC 76
EDIT: so jardine in sept. then wand in nov.(whoops got my months wrong ha-thanks FD)

Last edited by WERDdabuilder; 07-13-2007 at 10:06 PM..
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #675
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

no you got it wrong

wandy the whole time wanted chuck in november

so chuck will fight jardine in sept and wandy in nov
Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #676
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
wow, im probably late on this...havent had time to kept up with mma lately, but shawn sherk AND hermes franca tests postitive for nandrolone metabolite and drostanolone; respectively...why am i not surprised?...now a days, its a hit or miss with fighters...

i am glad that zuffa decided to air UFC75 on spike...definitely looking forward to that card...
Old 07-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #677
PBucch
Premium Member

Sherk on roids= hilarious.

Im not really buying Hermes excuse, given what places charge for jiu jitsu, but who knows...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #678
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That is SOOOO funny. Instead of the Musele Shark, he should be called..... i can't think of anything cleaver, but hahahaha this is soo funny. What a weak fight anyway.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #679
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
I think Wanderli is done. He's like the tito of Pride just much uglier!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #680
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBucch View Post
I think Gonzaga is going to beat Randy, hes such a beast.

i got a chance to meet him at NAGA New England Championships, he actually sat next to me for like 10 minutes speaking broken english while I spoke spanish to him, it was great. Napao yo Napao!
Gonzaga has no chance. I still don't know how he gets title fights. I really don't even think his Jujitzu is that good. But whatever, everyone has a punchers chance.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #681
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
I just found this video. Makes the kick that dropped crocop look like a love tap

http://break.com/index/mma-really-quick-knockout.html
Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #682
PBucch
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post
Gonzaga has no chance. I still don't know how he gets title fights. I really don't even think his Jujitzu is that good. But whatever, everyone has a punchers chance.
I dunno he outwreslted cro cop for sure, hes a BJJ Black Belt, hes won NAGA, hes won a match or two at the ABDCC championships, I dont know how muc more accomplished you can get as a grappler.

Hes from the Chute Boxe camp, and as you can tell his MT is decent enough to hang with one of the best in the world, Randy is going to have his hands full thats all I am saying.

This situation is a painful dicatomy for me, I love Randy, but Gonzaga is my boy we were chilling at the naga NE championships cause hes training up in MA.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #683
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
jjtsu

maybe you should look for some of gonzaga's juijitsu fight then, you will see the quality, I have seen him fighting a few fellow brazilians and he is really good, i only think he doesnt have good cardio for long,(jjtsu) fights, seen him loose a couple of times, just because a smaller guy kept pushing till the end and he was basically dying (out of breath) during the last round, just avoiding submission.
anyways, my vote is for Gabriel.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #684
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

HE IS HERE!!!!!!!!

new grizzly Shogun

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=694
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #685
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
When does her fight????
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #686
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

crocop speaks:
Quote:
The shocking April defeat from Gonzaga inspired a new rise in the strongest Croat. Mirko Crocop wants to fulfill his UFC contract in such a way that his employees don't regret paying him 2.4 million USD. He has 4 fights remaining, first of which is against the Frenchman Chieck Kongo on September 8th in London. The Croatian gladiator takes his opponent very seriously, which is proved by the sparring partners who will join him during August. The 2 times K-1 World champion Remy Bonjasky is coming to Zagreb, joined by a great standup fighter Gilbert Yvel and the legendary thai boxer Ivan Hippolyte.
"I have decided to train harder on my standup, in a 80:20 ratio. It's important for me to defend the takedown, I'm good enough on the ground now, but because of the ground fighting I neglected thai boxing. However, that's why I'm visited by todays best [standup] fighter."
Crocop is also joined by a man that knows how to handle Kongo, Yvel, who knocked out Kongo 3 years ago. Kongo is a much better fighter now, which is why Bonjasky is here, a specialist in knees and leg strikes.
Another news in Mirkos training will be a cage, expected to be delivered next week by the people from UFC.
"It's a bit smaller version than the original, since the original can't fit in my gim, but it will be octagonal. To leave nothing to coincidence, I must train in the cage in the future, since it's different than the ring", Mirko explains.
workin on the striking? crocop is coming back to wreck shit. look who the fuck he is trainin with!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #687
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Im glad that we are gonna see the pride mirko.

ohh and whoever asked, shogun is fighting Forrest Griffin for his debut at UFC 76 which is september.

Liddell is fighting jardine on the same card along other good ones.

Like evan tanner who his is making his return and is fighting under Chute Boxe USA now ( Shogun, Wandy, Ninja Rua )

74 and 75 will own.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #688
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
hmmm interesting fight. new forrest vs shogun.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:58 AM   #689
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post
I think Wanderli is done. He's like the tito of Pride just much uglier!
What u should be deported for such a comment.
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:59 AM   #690
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
hmmm interesting fight. new forrest vs shogun.
New forest old dorest is still the same suck ass forest!
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote