Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-27-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I cant stay away from nissan

Well, after I sold the rb26 240 I wanted to buy some toys, aswell as a diff car. I have had 240’s all my life so I figured I would go with something diff. I was going for a e30 m3 but with my spuratic ass, I bought a 91 mr2 turbo the next day. I gave the guy the cash, and drove it home. As I was on my way home, I gave it some gas, and that crap was slow as balls. I called the dude wondering if the turbo was even working (dead even with a stock auto ka, actually raced a friend and I’m not joking) . I figured something was wrong since 6.2 sec 0-60 stock was not happening. I bought some denso iridium’s for it, but still the same problems. Both of the sets of spark plugs were white, so I figured it was a fuel problem. So I bought a SAFC 2, Walburo, proffec b II , greddy FCD and a PLX wide band and some 3peice racing hart type C's. After researching for a week. Mr2’s only run on cheap $1 spark plugs. So I got some cheap NGK’s, and it cured all problems. Now it was boosting back to normal and much faster. I bumped the boost to 1 bar, and it was quick but it still was crap. I don’t know if my last car fucked up my perception of speed but Mr2s are slow, the mr2 top-dogs are running low 11’s. I was on their forum clowning them and there slow ass mr2’s despite me owning an mr2. I was in denial, staying on zilvia ( telling myself “I’m just looking”). FOR THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, THE 240 SHITS A BRICK ON EVERY THING ELSE. As I owned the mr2, the fact that I attempted to leave a 240, was eating at me BIG time. All my friends felt like I died. After 3 weeks of owning the mr2, I could not take it any more. So today I sold the curse and bought me a 90 midnight blue hatch. I figured since my last was a coupe, I’d change it around so I got a hatch. Since I did not want to be as extreme as the last 240, I got a s15 sr with all the goodies, I just want a nice daily 350ish 240 this time. God it feels good to be back to the Nissan family, and Zilvia, those other forums are too nice. I love my Nazi Zilvian mother fuckers. My bad for trying to go to anything but Nissan. Here is a pic of the mr2 I sold today, I think a 240 is 10x sexier, despite what society thinks. It is the Jap mustang, ,my life, my memories, I hope it forgives me for turning my back. Im sorry, I was drinking, she ment nothing to me…

TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
LOL thats funny read the whole post gigglin.... good deal.......... in my heart you've never left... but in that case should we slap u around like a bad red headed step child? MR2 still is a good car, post new pics of the 2feezy u bought
Old 05-27-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
another 240 infected zombie. Hahah, really we would totally bash on other cars and only love 240sx. They are the best, and we are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:38 AM   #4
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
That the spirit, Its 3:50am here so I’’ll take a pic in the dark , but its wont be top notch.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #5
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

The pics are crap, but there is not any thing to show anyway. I'm on my 4rth hour of being a 240 owner again. mmm. It probobly runs 17-18's, but next week its in the low 13's or 12's. that how it should be. Not a modified 15sec mr2 turbo.

This is what all the other pic's looked like.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:26 AM   #6
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
daymn thats pretty fast just to do a swap, i guess u got a sr laying around... cool deal slam that thing..
Old 05-27-2005, 02:37 AM   #7
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

The motor is coming in 4 days, then its gameover from then. I give it 2ish days for the swap since I have to have a custom drive shaft made. Slap on some psi, and im good to go Im starting from scratch again, but its great, its like starting GT4 with 20k instead of 10
Old 05-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #8
wazimba
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wazimba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I HATE TO SAY IT I TOLD YOU SO BUT CRAP I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!join the club of being 240 whipped. hahaha
wazimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #9
linkwpc
Zilvia Member

linkwpc is an unknown quantity at this point
So MR2 is not fast huh? Well I was thinking about one a long time ago. Well I guess I will never get one then. But if I was going to give up my 240, I would buy RX7 93+. Good luck on you S15 swap!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:12 AM   #10
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i wanna try the MR thing just for the fact that its MR layout. i think FR is the best design but the fact that the engine is behind you has to give it a porsche feeling.

MR2's are one of the few cars that i think are seriously the bomb.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #11
Macadoshus
Zilvia Member

Macadoshus is making a name for him/her selfMacadoshus is making a name for him/her self
I used to own a pretty seriously modified MR2. They can be fast as hell and should run 14.7 quarters pretty much stock. At a bar you should be at around the mid to high 13's range. And on top of that it is a fun car to drive. Although when you are used to driving some beast RB26 240 it might be hard to give an unbiased opinion.

One day I hope to get another MR2 and do something totally different with it much like your new 240. I don't think I will get rid of the 240 for it though, so I will just have to add it on to the ever growing fleet.
Macadoshus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #12
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
I sold my 240, and have been thinking about jumping ship myself.

I'm probably going to try something different this time around, you can never go wrong by expanding experiences
Old 05-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
damn snail, thank you for bringing a smile to my face, sometimes people look at me like I am crazy, cause I have owned a 240sx for so long. I love these fucking cars. Fuck, I love All Nissans, I could give a rats ass about 350z haters, they are dope too!!! Having owned 5 510's. 10 240z's and I lost count on 240sx's, as well as a hardbody truck for 8 years, all I can say is Nissans are fucking in my blood and always will be. Japans Premier sports car company !!! All the others are wannabe's , Mazda? good but not Nissan, Honda? Great engines and Worlds best motorcycle company. Mitsushitty? need I say more. Toyota? Great luxury and comfort cars wishes it had Nissans sports car history. Suburu? Great company, great AWD pro rally cars, but again basically a highly modded econbox.
NISSAN RULES!!!!!!!! There I fucking said it!!!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stock MR2 turbos suck. The Iron block weighs a bunch and output is way low. The V6 camry engine bolts upto the turbo tranny, weighs less and puts out more power N/A.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #15
Angel
Zilvia Junkie

Angel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Stock MR2 turbos suck. The Iron block weighs a bunch and output is way low. The V6 camry engine bolts upto the turbo tranny, weighs less and puts out more power N/A.
Ditch the factory turbo, ecu, and throw some fuel + 272's at it and you got 500+ rwhp on stock internals. Or for something a bit more sane, 50 trim, supra injectors, walbro, ic, exhaust and ideally ditch the stock ecu if not piggy backs and you got 350-400 rwhp and a nice flat curve.... and if you can keep a tranny in it, a car that is murder on the street due to the mr layout and excellent traction. 3rd gen swap is another option, 280 or so bpu and much better driveability than the 1st and 2nd gens owed in big part to toyo changing to a more advanced and capable map based ecu versus the shite afm 80's tech that the earlier versions had.

But I am a fr kind of guy myself ( go supra ! sniff sniff ) but poor, so I find myself here 240's are great dollar for dollar, pretty good balance, fairly lightweight, descent power potential and not too bad looking ( aside from mine that is ) So again, I am driving an S13.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #16
Nameless RB26

Nameless RB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
blah blah.

Why on earth did you sell your RB26 240???! That's just.. not right. You have 6 cylinders, tons of power.. and you're switching back to 4 cylinder turbo? And an MR2 at that!? MR2's have horrible heavy momentum dragging rear ends and they're NOT FUN to work on. I've done clutch job's on them before and my back fucking wanted to give out each time.

Before I purchased my 240 I was going to do the whole MR2 thing.. but after some research and having worked on them, it's not what I needed. So.. I'm working on the same project that you gave up on..

Anyways.. it's nice to see that you've gotten your head back. Don't let it happen again!! :P
Nameless RB26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #17
wazimba
Leaky Injector

wazimba is an unknown quantity at this point
it never ends
wazimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #18
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless RB26
blah blah.

Why on earth did you sell your RB26 240???! That's just.. not right. You have 6 cylinders, tons of power.. and you're switching back to 4 cylinder turbo? And an MR2 at that!? MR2's have horrible heavy momentum dragging rear ends and they're NOT FUN to work on. I've done clutch job's on them before and my back fucking wanted to give out each time.

Before I purchased my 240 I was going to do the whole MR2 thing.. but after some research and having worked on them, it's not what I needed. So.. I'm working on the same project that you gave up on..

Anyways.. it's nice to see that you've gotten your head back. Don't let it happen again!! :P
I needed a Daily to go to school. I figured I would get a mr2, but Then I started missing power, so went back to 240. This time Im going with a plesent 350 with a/c and all. Somewhere in between the mr2 and the 26.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #19
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
I had an ae86, I liked it, but I couldn't afford to keep the car, but I think I am happier these days with a pretty stock 240sx.

Good summer car, it's nowhere near fast, but I just like it
Old 05-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #20
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a 240 sold it to move out here to Arizona and then I bought an Audi Coupe, badass looking car but I didn't like the price on parts and AWD a lot. Then I bought my Hachi and I love it, but it's just not the same as my old ride. I have an offer for someone wanting to trade me a 91 coupe SE with Silvia face so I am probably going to do that and I can be a true Zilvian Again. Glad to hear you are back in the game Snail
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #21
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
i want both. AE86 and S13.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #22
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
fucking traitor..... once a cheater always a cheater...... poser ))))))))))))
Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 PM   #23
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

True'ish, But if I do it again, I sure as hell aint gonna get a mr2. I should go to other forums right now and post my dump ride and ask newbie questions. Who's down? And what forum? And what retarded statements, or questions? I have nothing to do. I think it would burn time nicely.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:34 AM   #24
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
mmm..... i got a sweet ass idea.... lets say we buy 90s Astro van.... rebuild the block, twin t04 setup... or actually twin t78 wont kick in till about 6500.. so u will just be a turd till 6.5 and then waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

hey ,u wanted an idea. haha
Old 05-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #25
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
fuck Mr2's. Moving on

Snail..it seems like you have the time and money for cool projects.

Time for turbocharged LS1 in an S13. 1000+horsepower turbo V-8.

DO IT> DO IT. DO IT
Old 05-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #26
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
for all those $$ i'd just get an FD and get that over with
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #27
420sx
Post Whore!

do the minivan first.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:03 PM   #28
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

I came so close to trading a friend of mine my supercharged sentra b13 for a 80 something Turbo Cryslter Van. It was a 2.3 turbo stock! I figure Id cheeply boost the hell out of it, and race what ever car just to plummet their self esteem,. There are several sites on those shitty wood trimed but turbo vans, and some of them run low 12's! when I went to trade the kid, It looked like it had limo tint, but instead his cheap-ass spray painted the windows from the inside, so you can only see out the front window. The sentra was a beater as well and I was giving it to the salvation army next month, but I dont think that van would have made it, since the 15min it sat there id poured 1.5 quarts of oil on my driveway. Ridiculous oil leak. Maybe I will get a minivan to fuck with people, but I would go with an even uglier van, the Pontiac Silhouette. Aerodynamic and all.

Here are pics of the sentra and the same type van. Poor sentra. The SC kit I made not only worked, but it worked too well for the sentra. With .00875psi per rpm, it ran 7psi at idle, and pined the 1.5bar gauge by 2800rpm . Hence it almost made it to the end of the road before the street was coved with oil, from the rear main seal being popped out, since I forgot to disconnect the stock valvecover breathing tube, so when the cold pipe pressurized it pressurized the valve cover and crank to beyond 23psi. It was powerful as crap, but only worked between 0-3000rpm for two second intervals, because everything was being maxed out. That means if I could get to 6000rpm, I would be looking at 52.5psi

Last edited by TheSnail; 05-28-2005 at 03:52 PM..
Old 05-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #29
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are going minivan I'd say Toyota Previa lol....A Wood trimmed Turbo Plymouth Voyager would be funny as hell too.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #30
420sx
Post Whore!

yea.... noi body work. all engine. some thick ass tires