Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
My SR24 Beast S13.5 Build.

I've contemplated on making a build thread for so long. There are so many awesome builds on here and I wasn't sure if mine would even compare, but I figured I needed to share this setup and see what everyone thinks of the Stroker SR20! After seizing my S14 motor about a year ago, I decided to rebuild or go RB. I even considered going LS, but my obsession with the SR20 seemed to have a grasp on me. I ended up with an S13 stroker fully built drag setup long block. I've poured sweat, blood and tears trying to get this together over the last 6 months now.

The motor setup is almost all complete and ready to be fired up for the first time. Just a few more weeks of sweatin' and bleedin' left to go, not to mention bigger pocket holes. I am looking forward to seeing the #'s this motor puts down after it's properly broken in. I'm not worried so much of the HP #'s because I know the motor was built for and can handle a 1000HP with the proper setup. I didn't want a drag 240 but a track and drift setup seemed way more fun and maybe much less of breakdowns. I wanna see the power band it achieves with the t.s Full Race setup and on low boost/pump gas. For now!

I've learned a lot from my mistakes over the past 10 years of being an SR owner, dealing with the wrong people and what not. DIY has been my motto on most of this build, one reason being labor cost and the other reason is just knowing you did the work. Any input or ideas from my fellow Zilvians could be new knowledge and is always welcome. Feel free to post any questions, suggestions and or comments! To keep this short and sweet, I'll let the pics do all the talkin'.

Goodbye S14 motor!! 310HP (on Dynapak) wasn't enough power but it will be missed! This was my first and only SR since 1999 which I beat the hell out of, it was only a matter of time before something went wrong! 310 to the wheels was nice, but I seriously need something that's gonna scare the livin' crap out of me!

Man! I gotta deal with all this mess later!

Gettin' rid of all this crap. Parts are still for sale if interested in some heat!

More under dash trash!

Officially in need of a heart!

Cut out the S15 core.

Time to get this grime and grease off and prep for welding!

After lots of elbow grease, sweat, blood and some simple green. It's clean.

Here's the bay being prepped for stitch welds. Prepped under the tubs for stitching as well.

My buddy Matt helping cut out front section of tubs. I wanted to get rid of the front halves and especially that rusted ass battery tray.

There it goes.

First set of stitch welds getting laid on!

I Love that smell!

We cut out the stock toe hooks and flat paneled the chassis for core support brace.

Unfortunately we had to call it a day with 1 lateral bar complete.

Other side is on now.

I decided to plate off all these holes, no need for so many open holes.

Radiator and I/C bracket to core pieces made.

Finished with the engine bay and ready for paint now!

After many weeks of trying to pick a color for the engine bay, I decided to go with the BMW Laguna Seca Blue 2 stage solid. I tried to capture the true tone in some of these pics, but it still looks much better in person.

My little boy is all over the car and claims that it's his car already.

I installed my aerocatch latches on! Took longer than expected but they're on.

Last edited by ETHANOLED SR; 09-24-2010 at 07:46 PM..
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links