Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Crash's 2-Tone Redemption

I've always wanted a 2-tone since I got into 240's..especially this color. I don't know what it is, but CG5 Creamy Yellow was a bucket list one for me. This car specifically I've known about for a very long time and when the opportunity to pick it up presented itself, I jump on it sight unseen while still living in Germany back in June of last year.

Fast forward to December when I finally came home, I finally got to take it for a spin. It was dirty and grimy from sitting for 6 months so I took a good amount of time to go through the car to clean and wash it down.

Next thing I noticed was smoke coming from the hood and oil burning. I checked it out and realized that the V/C was leaking. Too easy, I'll just tighten the bolts down, good to go. Not with my luck, someone had over tightened the shit of of them and stripped out almost all the bolt holes. You know what time it is!!

So with that, I starting going through all of the systems and making sure that everything worked properly..ya know..because it was going to be my DD until my cars showed up. Go to try the windshield washer...nothing. Oh boy was that fun. Seems the fluid was soo old that it has become gelatinous?

Like, how the fuck does that even happen? Either way, I got that sorted and started ordering parts for the front end since it clunks and just feels like absolute shit. Scored a deal on a Nardi for a hundo. Scooped up a hub and threw it on. Also found a BNIB set of half/half bumper lights from Japan since everyone here wants crazy amount of money for used, cracked ones.

By this time I'd locked down a job, gotten my cars from Gemany right before the new year, and closed on a new house in February!! Soo happy to have my own space after slumming it with the in-laws for like 2 months. All my stuff got delivered that weekend. Not too long afterwards I came across a deal that was WAAAAAY too good to pass up. More info in the next post, but i'll leave you with this teaser.

Last edited by crash n' burn; 09-13-2021 at 09:45 AM..
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links