Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #571
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^excellent work, everything you have posted on this page has been incredible.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #572
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaP7z95Qw3g
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #573
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
What are you dudes using to reseal the lenses to the housings after you open headlights up? I keep putting off putting my clear lenses on because I don't know what to use to seal them.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #574
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
What are you dudes using to reseal the lenses to the housings after you open headlights up? I keep putting off putting my clear lenses on because I don't know what to use to seal them.
3M Windo-Weld(available at Napa Auto Parts, I believe it was the 3/8th tick one, costs about $20 or so..enough length to do two full zenki headlights!)
Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #575
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a little update on the MDX retrofit if anyone is still interested.. The projectors do fit in the housing easily. The heatshink is so large that it will require some material to be removed from the radiator support. We have a long way to go since we need to create a new housing to fit everything..

I'm not sure how I feel about the ~1/2" gaps on either side.. It will be shrouded but still..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #576
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
just an idea for the gap on each side, why don't you push it against the edge and have the inner portion be an additional light source for DRL or something?

I want to see the back side of this thing!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #577
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Curious about this heat sink..

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #578
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

yeah...holy crap those are HUGE!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #579
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here

but just in case you didnt notice, the size of those led headlights exceeds the size of the factory headlight assembly.

just saying.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #580
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Even if they did "fit" inside the housings the angle is all wrong. In order for the left-right to be correct there will need to be like a 4-5" gap between the outside LED projector lens and the inside of the kouki front lens and the inside most LED projector would have to be basically touching the inside of the kouki front lens...
Old 05-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #581
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
way to kill a man's dreams................... :-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #582
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here

but just in case you didnt notice, the size of those led headlights exceeds the size of the factory headlight assembly.

just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Even if they did "fit" inside the housings the angle is all wrong. In order for the left-right to be correct there will need to be like a 4-5" gap between the outside LED projector lens and the inside of the kouki front lens and the inside most LED projector would have to be basically touching the inside of the kouki front lens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
way to kill a man's dreams................... :-)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #583
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Does anyone know the bulb type for the fan switch on the S14 HVAC unit? i know i can use the Neo 3's in the other 3 spots but i cant find anything saying what type of bulb is used for the fan switch.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #584
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Neo3 works in that spot, if you can find one with a taller base, it helps, but I have a standard sized one in mine, lights up fine.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #585
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Kick ass, i will just buy those then. Thanks for the response.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #586
status
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
status is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's my little contribution to this awesome thread. Some stuff i've built for S13 guys lately. Silvia, 180sx, and 240 hatch.

status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #587
JZ78
Leaky Injector

JZ78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good mang
Old 08-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #588
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
For i got did these a few weeks ago. me and a friend learned how to do these together and made it a little project. was a pain in the ass highly time consuming lol but in all worth it. i also did the same little row up on the other light as well. the led blinkers are really bright. i think i need to dim them down a little more.

IMG_8075 by Aallmighty, on Flickr
IMG_8072 by Aallmighty, on Flickr
Old 09-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #589
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
can't wait to finish these and install them
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #590
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
what projectors are you using?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #591
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
tsx projectors, e46 shrouds, and morimoto hid kit
Old 01-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #592
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

I just got done with another TRS Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit into a S14 Zenki headlight yesterday. This time using the JDM S14 lights.
Heatguned the lights apart to reveal the insides.

And we have some problems...

Design of the JDM S14 headlights are a wee bit different than of the USDM ones..I was looking forward to just fitting them in and being done with them in few hours. NOP!

These two that's pointed at with the screw driver had to be gone. this took few hours on the first one, and just breezed through on the second one.

I was never good at trimming the shroud...oh wells.

Got to finish both of them in one sitting. over all with small distractions here and there, took 7 hours to finish.

I haven't put the clear covers on it yet. Will update when it goes on the car along with some cut off shots.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #593
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_L69uetllM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vEoHKWUEU
Old 02-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #594
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Glad to see people car about lighting. Start playing on HIDPLANET and you will be amazed. My most current retro......obviously not a 240 but I have not owned one for like 3 years. This is my current DD as I got rid of my 2013 corolla to get something cooler

RX350, green passive demon eye and MCR shrouds. Headlights are using OEM Matsushita ballast and TRS XB35 5500k bulbs, car also has retrofitted fog lights with ES300 yellow fogs with a DDM 3000k HID kit. So nice to be able to see at night. The old beat lights with a H4 halogen bulb sucked!

20150117_163834 by malachilikescars, on Flickr

20150126_120456 by malachilikescars, on Flickr

20150126_120510 by malachilikescars, on Flickr

I put the amber back in the housings today, much better

20150204_154057 by malachilikescars, on Flickr

20150204_162629 by malachilikescars, on Flickr
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 AM   #595
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
^^That is pretty amazing.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #596
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Thanks, when i get some time I'll post my old corolla, that'll be something new for you guys!
Old 02-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #597
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
i just drop hids in my JDM housings so people know I mean business when I tail them in the left lane.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #598
future
Post Whore!

PNP

smh
Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #599
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
hello there, quick question about your Kia lighting conversions,,,, what did you do to the projector to make it glow and reflect that neon green when the headlights are off? did you just paint it or used a low voltage LED on the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
PNP

smh
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #600
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty standard stuff but fitted my raybrigs, have hid's also.

Untitled by ezza_9000, on Flickr

Although the adjuster doesnt seem to be doing anything so currently they just blind everyone! anyone else have the adjust screws fuck up on pop up s13's?
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote