Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #31
ChingSR20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ChingSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
arnt Cusco and safety 21 the same thing?
ChingSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 AM   #32
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Yes.。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #33
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
hahhahha that is why you got kicked off AZ240 chris! lol no one cares what is allowed in japan...

now accepting funds for the LS1 swap!
Baron Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #34
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Neither do I. I'm just saying quit talking out of your ass. I have a friend who's accident report states the only reason why he got away with a broken hip and not dead was because of his Cusco cage with door bars.

You're completely ignorant if you think Cusco cages arn't a safety item

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #35
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
that's great, I'm glad your friend was able to walk away from a wreck. Cusco still isn't allowed by racing body's in the US as a roll cage though

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #36
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

D1GP USA recognizes it.......

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #37
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Only if it's modified and has the main hoop diagonal support added....

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #38
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Modified how? The rulebook never said anything other than needing a Cusco 7 point or more.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #39
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

all cusco cages I've ever seen do not have the diagonal bar behind the driver

Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #40
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I have the auto power 6 point for my hatch but may wind up getting new dash bars so they go through the vents in the dash.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #41
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Yeah because they're for RHD cars genius... Good thing my Cusco 8 point has dual crossbars though...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #42
B Love
Zilvia Addict

B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
You're a moron

Once again a moron

Cusco cages are recognized by D1 as the official roll cage and are used widely throughout Japan by many racing organizations such as Jun, Tomei, Toda, etc.

Thank you. I swear people just talk shit on cusco because they heard someone else doing it. Not from experience or fact.
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #43
B Love
Zilvia Addict

B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingSR20 View Post
arnt Cusco and safety 21 the same thing?
Cusco = Aluminum and blue
Saftey 21 = black and steel
I beleive cusco uses thicker piping but they are both distributed by the same company.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #44
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Saftey 21 info-
  • A variety of roll bars are available based on bay layout and number of passengers
  • Safety21 cages are available up to 300 Japanese model vehicles.
  • Front roll bars/cages are designed not to hinder the driver's view from inside the vehicle.
  • Mounting points, bar joints, and other details were throughly examined, researched, and tested prior to making its final version available.
  • 40mm cold drawn seemless carbon steel material.
  • Pipe thickness=2.0mm
  • Mount Plate Size Thickness=Over 60cm2/2.6mm
  • Reinforce Plate Size Thickness=Over 120cm2/3.2mm
  • Starting price: $370.00

Cusco Info-
  • 40mm chromoly pipes used, which are 33% lighter compared to other conventional steel cages.
  • Lightweight joints used to increase safety with competition roll bar design layout.
  • Strategically mounted to increase maximum body rigidity.
  • Bar layout is designed from extensive hands on experience. Bar structures designs are based on feedback directly from the racetrack, which is proven to be effective. Not only are you going to recieve a stylish bar, but you will also be receiving a bar with a purpose.
  • Japanese MOT recognized/certified roll bars.
  • Price is set by roll bar type, not car type.
  • Seating capacity may be restricted on some roll bars.
  • Price starting at $470.00
All this info is there if you look for it. www.Napusa.com
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #45
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Cusco and Safety 21 are the same company. Like Nissan and Infinity.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
LeonL
Zilvia Member

LeonL is an unknown quantity at this point
Try this.
http://www.kirkracing.com/
LeonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #47
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
fromxtor,
your autopower cage goes threw the dash?

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #48
fromxtor
Post Whore!

fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
No it does not, but I figure I can either get the dash bars re-bent or get new ones made by a shop. I have this one:
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #49
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
yeah i was about to ask you which one you had, your one step ahead of me

as of right now, im planning on just buying the bolt in 6 point
if it doesnt fit perfect i can just modify it, i can weld steel and im sure i can find someone who will let me use their welder

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #50
Folken
Leaky Injector

Folken is an unknown quantity at this point
explain to me how Baron Fel is a moron, from my understanding that roll cage will crack your head open in a accident on the highway, maybe I don't under the metal vs. head concept... I'm seriously asking koopa
Folken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #51
ep510
Leaky Injector

ep510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ253 View Post
yeah i was about to ask you which one you had, your one step ahead of me

as of right now, im planning on just buying the bolt in 6 point
if it doesnt fit perfect i can just modify it, i can weld steel and im sure i can find someone who will let me use their welder
If you can weld ---Get someone to loan you a tubing bender or buy one.
My buddy built an SCCA Legal Rollbar ( not cage) for less than $200 in DOM tubing and some scrap metal he had for the gussetts and plates. Took us about 3 days of actual work time over 2 weekends.

Big Question is ---Are you racing? Doing Time trials? ( time attacks to the JDM crowd) --or looking for a place to mount harnesses? --If you are not door to door and street drive the car --consider a roll bar---it really stiffened up my car and gives rollover protection.

Autopower is not known for tight fitment as you would get with a custom Roll bar/ Roll Cage ---but they are safe and are in many cars across the USA. If this is a street car --I guess you need to be concerned about how it looks --but for a track car --it will not make much difference after you start abusing the car.

The Cusco and Safety 21's etc are not SCCA/NASA legal as mentioned. However --if you are not racing the car --say maybe Autocrossing --they would be fine.
ep510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #52
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Technically, if you got the trough dash Cusco, added a diagonal to the mainhoop and got your car under 2200lbs it would be close enough to SCCA to pass.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #53
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folken View Post
explain to me how Baron Fel is a moron, from my understanding that roll cage will crack your head open in a accident on the highway, maybe I don't under the metal vs. head concept... I'm seriously asking koopa

Koopa called him a moron because he was saying that cusco isnt recognized by any racing body in the us. When in fact its recognized by d1 and Formula d They just need to be welded in and have the bar accross the back which cusco does have. And as far as hitting your head while on the highway you can take that bar out on the Cusco so theres another bad reason to say Cusco isnt good. Either way any cage you would need to run in a drifting type series you would need that front bar. Plus a Cusco you can throw it in before an event and take it out as needed. Dont get me wrong there are a million shops that make cages far superior that Cusco (Battle Version) for example. But Cusco has way better fitment than auto power and is more available IMO. Koopa was just disproving Baron Fel's argument that Cusco isnt a good cage. I know for a Fact Cusco cages can be used in D1 and Formula D and if it passes Formula D standards than im sure it will pass just about anything else. But if you want to play it safe and your in Cali Alex P (Battle Version) Makes formula D legal cages for s13 and 14 I beleive and installs them also. Im not sure if he ships the pipes or not but all of is stuff is FD legal, and I beleive the only reason Cusco might not be Scca legal ( I dont know if it is legal or not) Is because the 2 bends that go around the dash and if that is illegal than just buy the one that goes thru the dash
Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #54
fromxtor
Post Whore!

^^Not running a cage at all is also recognized by some sanctioning bodies, but you wont catch me w/o one.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #55
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
^^Not running a cage at all is also recognized by some sanctioning bodies, but you wont catch me w/o one.
Yea alot of the smaller events let you run no cage but it also depends where you are like Wsir balcony no cage is fine. You cant run tandem tho but say WSIR htm well you probably have to have a cage since alot of people roll.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #56
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
HenryPinkFC aka WrongwayFab did mine and it came out beautiful. The B pillars are even welded to the cage. So much head clearance it's not even funny. I'll post pics soon
Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #57
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I had autopower, for the price its nice enough. The fitment on mine was nice, it cant get much better for a wrap around the dash cage. It could have been closer to the B pillars, but otherwise it was good. Fitmenet depends on install as well, its somewhat adjustable.

But now I have a custom cage and it is the sex, thru the dash, gussets double doorbars and all that goodness, fitment is perfect. I would never go back to autopower or any non custom.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #58
nwmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What do you guys think of the 4 point autopower? For a street/track car? These do have proper points for harness mounting right? Driver/passenger...
nwmrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #59
B Love
Zilvia Addict

I wouldn't get a cage for the track unless I had door bars to run tandem. Unless your running auto cross or something and its required.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #60
nwmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
nwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enoughnwmrkt will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ic thanks. I was just really interested for the proper harness points. then stock 3 point with a cg lock will do.
nwmrkt is offline   Reply With Quote