Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #91
KOUKI KAN KAN

Trader Rating: (0)
KOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signum Temporis View Post
ur a dependancy, and under their health insurance plan
i some how according to my parents get it free since my mom works at the hospital ? idk how it works .
KOUKI KAN KAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #92
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
from my past experiences 240's are super strong. my first one I rolled down Azuza canyon 4 times, slamed it against the side of the mountain(lucky mofo i kno) and it landed on its side. I got out, tiped the car on its wheels, and drove it down the mountain without a scratch....... my second accident I was flirting with some girl on the freeway and some idiot in an 04 silverado slammed on his brakes, I rear ended him going 25-35ish and my car didn't even have a scratch!!! and whats worse is the guy's rear bumper folded down completely, and it was a chrome one too. So yea, 240's are really safe in my opinion.
Oo_Skyline_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #93
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

Signum Temporis is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to Signum Temporis
your still under their plan and a dependancy
Signum Temporis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #94
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
from my past experiences 240's are super strong. my first one I rolled down Azuza canyon 4 times, slamed it against the side of the mountain(lucky mofo i kno) and it landed on its side. I got out, tiped the car on its wheels, and drove it down the mountain without a scratch....... my second accident I was flirting with some girl on the freeway and some idiot in an 04 silverado slammed on his brakes, I rear ended him going 25-35ish and my car didn't even have a scratch!!! and whats worse is the guy's rear bumper folded down completely, and it was a chrome one too. So yea, 240's are really safe in my opinion.
fine print: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

i hydroplaned into a lifted trucks tire and lost both headlights, front bumper, carbon hood, intercooler, fender, radiator and core support, plus i was about to sell the car for 8k and had to sell it to him for 4k... i was going literally 10 mph...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #95
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Shell insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KAN KAN View Post
do you have to get insurance on a shell?
to better answer that quesion, no you don't, do what my buddy Rob does and keep it garaged, then when a track day comes arround don't forget to go to the DMV and get a one day temporary permit for the car, and they will give it to you, cops can't give you shit about not being insured or registered. Hope that helps
Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #96
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Quote:
fine print: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

i hydroplaned into a lifted trucks tire and lost both headlights, front bumper, carbon hood, intercooler, fender, radiator and core support, plus i was about to sell the car for 8k and had to sell it to him for 4k... i was going literally 10 mph...
did you have the metal bumper support thingie??
Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #97
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
I sold my 2000 Celica GT-S so I could get my S13 :P

I love how the S13 drives/handles but sometimes I just really miss having a newer car.

Oh and my insurance actually went up like $10
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #98
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

Quote:
did you have the metal bumper support thingie??
had the metal part, not the foam... it wouldnt fit with the intercooler ... but still... 240's arent invincable is the point im trying to make
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #99
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Quote:
You, sir, should not be driving.
luftrofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:22 PM   #100
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by civilized_drifter View Post
a star football player at my school died in a 92 hatch when it was raining.

do you want a 240 because of f&f3?
ahahahahah That's awesome dude. Straight to the point. He probably saw the first F&F and wants to drag race FDs. ahahahahahahahah
Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #101
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Yea, I agree, they are not at all invincible, but I mean shit man, I rolled it 4 times and the sides of the car weren' even dented in at all, all that happend was a shattered windshield and alot of surface scratches on the paint lol give the poor car some credit here.

Last edited by Oo_Skyline_oO; 04-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: I WAS 16 WHEN BOTH ACCIDENTS TOOK PLACE GIMME A BREAK
Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #102
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

idk, i havent really had good 240sx experiances, the s13s frame caved in on me from rust and you know what happened to the kouki... o yeah koukikankan... when u go to look at them... dont get all excited thinking "HOLY SHIT THIS CAR IS THE SHIT I MUST HAVE IT"... i know that feeling and its tempting... ur gonna run into a lot of shit piles before u find a good one most likely and that adreniline rush u get from just thinking about owning one can almost blind u from that... so keep ur head on straight when ur looking around for one
Old 04-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #103
youngbrazee1
Leaky Injector

youngbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choicesyoungbrazee1 has made poor choices
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
if ur paying for the car with your money then buy what you want.

unless "your" money is allowance or something? I don't understand what goes on with kids these days...

your money = your choice
yea what he said. i dnt know your parents but i do know that if you buy a car what can they do but give you gas money......sorry about the rebelliousness
youngbrazee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #104
ruben705
Leaky Injector

ruben705 is an unknown quantity at this point
well for my first car I got a 67 camaro. So tell em you want that, then tell em youll settle for a 240.
ruben705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #105
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
if your first car is a 240, you WILL total it. THERE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.
your first car should always be a beater piece of shit you don't care about. and don't be mister cool kid, beating on his beater because it's a cheap pile of fuck. learn to respect your car early and you won't wind up parting out a car you like later.
Where do you get that from? My first two cars when i was 14 was a 89 coupe and 89 hatch. I never wrecked either of them.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #106
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
just drive smart, don't pretend to be a good driver because simply you're not.

I bought an S14 as my first car, still driving it now, never been in an accident (knock on wood) and I don't plan on being in one.

gonna say it again BE SMART!

edit: insurance is not high, I pay $80 a month for full coverage ( dad is on plan ).
Old 04-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #107
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
Quote:
Im going out on a limb and saying you lie alot.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #108
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this is asked alot some times.

I got my s13 in 01 i was in highschool, the cars where still worth about 5k...

Now i see alot of teenage kids with beat up s13s and the price range of 240s dropped alot.

It took the place of the 89-91 honda civic as far as cheapness.

Unfortunately, theres not many cool cars, either you get an old*er* 80s-90s rwd car (select few), or a late model borring econo slush box fwd.

even now, people ask me why i like these old cars... theres no cooler newer cars.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #109
KOUKI KAN KAN

KOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
idk, i havent really had good 240sx experiances, the s13s frame caved in on me from rust and you know what happened to the kouki... o yeah koukikankan... when u go to look at them... dont get all excited thinking "HOLY SHIT THIS CAR IS THE SHIT I MUST HAVE IT"... i know that feeling and its tempting... ur gonna run into a lot of shit piles before u find a good one most likely and that adreniline rush u get from just thinking about owning one can almost blind u from that... so keep ur head on straight when ur looking around for one
Yea I know the rush your talkin about I just went and looked at this 89 coupe looked real FUCKING clean and all,and I was serious about buying so I asked for a buyers inspection and the rear frame rail was rusted to fuck.And BTW thanks for all the info guys .
Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #110
dragon_x330
Zilvia Member

dragon_x330 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via MSN to dragon_x330
Get a beater. Forget about the 240sx for now. 'Nuff said.

I remember I really wanted a 240 back when I was 15 years old. My dad bought one for my birthday when I turned 16. I used to illegally drive it around recklessely, speeding and racing left and right when I had the chance (Thank god I never got caught).

However, I'm pretty glad I didn't get my license until I was 18 and a LOT more mature. Now I baby my cars because now I know that just because you CAN you shouldnt redline your car at a red stoplight just to impress people with your 2800 lb 155 hp car.

Plus right now everybody's getting 240's. Many of them are abused and beaten down. Hard. It's hard to find a good condition S13/S14 nowadays, although you can find them but they're uber marked up. Wanna pay $3500-$5000 for a clean S13? I didn't think so.

Morale of the story: Get a beater and drive for a few years, when you're older and a bit more mature then get a 240. Nothing is more scary than driving a 240SX in winter (esp wisconsin winters...*shivers*). Trust me, I've owned/driven nothing but 240's since I was 15 through ALL the seasons.

/rant
Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #111
JohnJunYi
Leaky Injector

JohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choicesJohnJunYi has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to JohnJunYi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KAN KAN View Post
how old were you when you got it ?
16 years old. first car i ever bought
JohnJunYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #112
NismoS13Chuki
Leaky Injector

NismoS13Chuki is on the path to ruinNismoS13Chuki is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
Ditto. I was just about to post something along those lines.

Buying the car and telling your parents to deal with it is a quick way to get your ass thrown out of the house- not a wise move IMO.

OP- try to reason with your parents. Since you're using your own money, but your parents want safety, you could try asking them to put up some "airbag" money and get an S14 with the extra cash. Not sure if that'd work, but it's worth a shot unless you want to pay 100% on your own, as I did.
thats a lie you can register your car no matter what age. im 16 and i registered my car in my name.
NismoS13Chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #113
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
lol

this thread is dumber than aids
Old 04-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #114
KOUKI KAN KAN

WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING NEG REPPED FOR THIS THREAD . I'm gettin shit like "geo metro","your a newb" and stupid shit.All i asked for was some help assholes ,and this is what you give me ? well fuck you guys no wonder everyone says ppl on zilvia are douchebags . Ohh and dont take this the wrong way ppl that actually HELPED ME .
Old 04-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #115
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
the 240sx is a perfect first car if you're not a complete dumbass, as long as the price isn't ridiculous from being overhyped

but when they pay for your shit you gotta do what they say. no exceptions. money is control. learn that early. lol.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #116
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
I've had my s13 since I was 17 (two years now :P).

Just don't drive like a dummy and you'll be fine.

I get REAL good gas mileage with a light foot, and tuned up KA.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #117
KOUKI KAN KAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
I've had my s13 since I was 17 (two years now :P).

Just don't drive like a dummy and you'll be fine.

I get REAL good gas mileage with a light foot, and tuned up KA.
What kind of mileage are we talkin about here ? lol
Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #118
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
you can do the conversion from km to miles or wtv

but highway driving, i get 610-620ish km (385 miles) to a tank.

street driving i can squeeze it to 500km (310miles) a tank
Old 04-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #119
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
*note to self:

neg rep kouki kan kan as much as possible
Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #120
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Get an N/A FC RX-7. You'll love it.

I'm actually looking for one now but people in Florida like to charge "drift tax" so they're all so damn expensive.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote