Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #61
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1994 - 1391 verts made...

with drunks, normal crashes, drift kids, car theifts, old poeple junking them ect.. = like 4 total as of 2013 lol

makes me wonder how many 94s are left :O(
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #62
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I own two 94 verts.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #63
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edit edit.
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #64
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
via Imgflip Meme Generator
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #65
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I own the last two 94 verts.
......fixed lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #66
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
......fixed lol
Not really there are two on Naval Base SD. One owned by a older officer and in perfect stock condition and another in decent condition owned by some old lady. They are rare but they are still out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #67
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Not really there are two on Naval Base SD. One owned by a older officer and in perfect stock condition and another in decent condition owned by some old lady. They are rare but they are still out there.
And you know they are 94s?? Because they made verts in other years.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #68
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
And you know they are 94s?? Because they made verts in other years.
Yes I know this, I own a 93. Chatted with both of them, both have owned them since new. The one the Officer owns is amazing, all the limited edition decals are still there and look brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #69
J40sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
J40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choicesJ40sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bought my first 240 in 2007, stock 1990 fastback with 65,000 ish miles for $2200.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #70
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Seems like a lot of you guys are missing the OP's question...

Quote:
240sx Popularity: How did it happen?
I think a lot of it started with the SportCompactCar magazine article 'Project Silvia'

It claimed you could have a 240sx and an SR for $3000!!

S13 Nissan Silvia - Techh - Sport Compact Car Magazine

Guess who tried?

<----this guy. lol

Ended up spending $300 for a beat chassis and $2400 for an S13 blacktop front clip and $1000 for a silvia front end.

It seems like the popularity started taking off as soon as more of the 'SCC Project Silvia' articles would come out.

-Jose
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #71
onlydrinkkoolaid
Zilvia Member

onlydrinkkoolaid is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ 100% agree with that statement. I remember in high school reading articles about turbo cars and researching what I wanted to do with each car. I bought a 1994 RX-7 when I was 17 in 2005 then bought a motorcycle in 2006. A guy offered to trade me the bike plus 2000 cash for a bone stock S14 and man I wished I would have did it then when I had money.
onlydrinkkoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #72
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
150% due to tokyo drift

i know only one other person from my group of car friends from high school that had any clue what drifting was, but after that shit came out in 2006 everyone wanted a rwd car, mainly a 240. i started looking for s-chassis/ae86's on craigslist in 2005 and the prices were around $800-$2500, but when i was finally able to drive late november 2006 prices had increased by $2000-$3000. then the quality of s-chassis steadily decreased. more and more had mismatched panels and salvaged titles. when i finally bought my s13 in summer 2007 it was the only clean one with tasteful mods i had seen pop up in 6 months. i definitely bought in a sellers market and always regretted not buying sooner.

doubt i'll ever own another s-chassis unless i feel nostalgic in my 40's and have a shit ton of cash to blow. i expect a clean s14 will be a pretty penny by then.

even now days when people ask me about drifting they always have to put a comment in there about tokyo drift. that's all anybody relates it to.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #73
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
my older brother and a family friend had S13s back in the 90s.. Status wise, i feel they where looked at like how the honda preludes is now back in the day, The prelude isn't the real popular honda, but it looks good.

Back in 2001 I was 18, got my first car, the s13. To me, it was an enthusiast car, easy to work on, had performance potential, a good online community of guys supporting each other, and back than they where not popular with theft!

There was no knock off parts, so when guys built them up, they spent hard earned cash. I really looked up and admired those guys.

I drove mine everywhere in socal with no worries when it was bone stock, no worry about theft etc. When i saved up money from working to build it up, it took me a few years but I did mostly everything to it bolt-on wise , sr20, coilovers, lsd, bodykit etc... by than (2006) I got worried about theft and was tired of getting pulled over (Got a few State ref tickets).

I got rid of it early 2007, I do miss it though, but my favorite times with it where early 200xs when the aftermarket support was picking up, and theft wasn't a big deal for me.

Aftermarket scene is huge now, but I also hear about 240s getting stolen left and right now.

Check out the RX7s, their community is alot smaller and growing,and bandwagon theft doesn't seem to be that bad. But I think FC owners are just as poor/cheap as the S chassis community is now lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #74
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
240s were way popular before tokyo drift. You can see the evolution of the bandwagon with in this thread with so many mixed responses, but a few have basically said how it was back then. I remember in high school no one knew wtf a 240 was except for a very very few. I would always get asked wtf my car was. Is that porsche? Is that a supra? 2003 is when they mostly started getting popular. I inherited my parents 240 they bought brand new in 92. It's the only car I've ever really given a shit about. Honda's, mitsu, talons etc are just not worth the time or effort in my eyes and that was the scene back then. Back in those days, there just wasn't much out there for cool japan cars stateside. Supras, rx-7 and 300z were to much for teenager. Unless you got the older versions. My first car I had the choice between moms 240 hatch or grandmas FC rx-7. I was pulling hair trying to decide lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #75
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
i remember being into 240s around 2002, and i also was on zilvia about that time, but didn't have a user id. I just like the tailights of the hatch, because they were different and everyone had a honda at that time...My first running one i bought was beginning of 06 for 1200. 1992 se coupe with sunroof and leather for 1200, i have yet to pay more than that for any of the other 5 I've sinced owned, even with the recent popularity thank god
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #76
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It all started when Need For Speed Underground 2 came out (2004) and one of the starting cars was a 240sx hatchback. I wasn't able to get my license until 2006 so I had to wait until I could save up for my first 240. I was young and dumb so I ended up overpaying, $4000 for a white '91 hatch with Sportmax 962's and a full xenon body kit, only had 120k miles on it, everything else was original.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #77
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking the same with jsal32, shit was so cheap back then, I bought my 89 coupe in 2001, I paid $3,350 for it, it had 189,XXX miles on it, amazing condition factory champagne gold paint, 5spd, HUD power everything stock everything, I had an 85 ford that one day broke down and I said F this car, I was looking for a civic originally, drove past a rent a wreck in fairfield ca, I saw this little gold car, didn't know wtf it was but I fell in love with it, didn't want to get it because I wanted a civic, looked everywhere at civics but that little gold car was stuck in my head, so I went back to see how much they wanted for it, as I get there I see an older couple getting out of it, I ran inside and asked if the little gold car was sold, the guy said "no, they just took it for a test drive" in excitement I yelled I'll take it! He laughed and I just looked at him, half hour later, the little gold car was mine, everyone I knew were I to Hondas and talked shit, "it ain't a honda" constantly hearing from them, i loved my car though, drove it stock not knowing much about it and never really reading up on it, i just loved my car, always had a familiar sense about it but couldnt pinpoint it, I worked at a dealership as a lube tech, a new salesman Was hired and found out I drove it, he asked me if I was planing to do an sr20 I was like wtf is that? Then he explained to me, I was like oh ok cool, then he told me about the "Silvia" that's when I really got all excited, I knew there was some type of familiar feeling about the car, late 90's I was really into gran turismo and my favorite car was the S13 silvia, he brought me some magazine (that I still have somewhere) where I can order parts, back then the silvia front end was $350 whole front end, the sr20 was $600-800.

Fast forward to today, I still own it, drive it daily it now has 239,XXX miles on it running strong, the funny thing I never got tired of my car, I still get the same exact feeling as the same day I bought her in 2001.

I've seen the prices of these cars soar in the past, so many trendy styles to come and go, it's amazing how these kids are treating these cars, beating the shit out of them calling them missiles, cutting quarter panels off just for a set wheels to be called hella flush, what happens after this trend passes? Going to get looked at the same way as molded body kits in today's day, get called a ricer just like you do when you see and old school body kit or set of wheels, I've never fallen into these trends especially "hella flush" I'm old school, I tuck rim.

Sadly our cars have become the new Honda civic and every Honda fuck that got into the 240 game also brought their old low life habits.

I remember the day I can leave my car with the windows open, unlocked and nothing would happen, today I have to look over my shoulders everywhere I go, worry where I park even for five minutes. People tell me don't drive it then, WTF!?!? I bought the fuckin car to drive it not have it stored and walk, it was rare to hear a 240 got stolen, in the past three years I've noticed most of these changes and it sucks, the drifting scene has made these cars scarce, almost every for sale add has multi colored half ass swaps, dents parts cars from idiots trying to be pro drifters on the street, you can barely find anything in original condition, hell I remember my driver side seat didn't even have the normal bolster wear.

Some of you guys are probably not going to read my whole post, but going to reply with some dumb shit, talk all you want you just got your car because of the new trends to me, any 240 bought after 2005 is a trend buy, you know it, I've had my car before it was even thought of being in any trend, you had to know someone that knew someone that knew someone that even knew what the hell it was now every one and their mom know what it is, now everyone is on the "I want a 240 so I can drift it"

Damn, this is long as hell.....

Last edited by Mishkin_707; 04-11-2013 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Adding more to my rant
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #78
nekrodev
Leaky Injector

nekrodev is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
It all started when Need For Speed Underground 2 came out (2004) and one of the starting cars was a 240sx hatchback
This was definitely it for me, as well. As soon as I saw it in NFSU, I was hooked. It's been my favorite car ever since.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #79
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a s14 which will be my primary project...but when i commented on facebook about trying to find a decent s13 to be my clean daily driver and winter car, i had a guy jump on me because EVERYONE apparently wants one or is buying one. Apparently they are too popular in Illinois, so he told me don't get one so I am not like everyone else...lol I grew up with Need for Speed games and such so always loved the 240sx, Tokyo drift just pushed it a little farther yeah, i am one of those "kids". Honestly, i just dislike FWD and want RWD.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #80
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxmaniac View Post
Do you still have the S14?Neat story by the way.
Yuup still have it, its my daily street warrior lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #81
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
All you fanboys read super street in the early 2000, while us kool catz read Option pre 1994.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #82
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Touché (however its spelled)red square.....lol
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #83
Zilvia Member

3411 is an unknown quantity at this point
bout my 1st s13 over 8 years ago for 500$ in payments cause i couldnt aford a z32 at the time
3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #84
Jack Bauer S14

Jack Bauer S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember playing gran turismo 2 in a mall near home around 1997, think I was 8... I picked a black s14. Didn't know shit what it was back then LOL, after many years finally got my very own s14 for casual use. 120K on it pretty solid but many esthetic details... Still polishing the shit from the past owner.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
Jack Bauer S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #85
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Holy shit Red Square still here?!

Damn Unicorn!

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #86
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been into cars since I could breathe.. I'm quite young for the 240 scene but I bought my first 240 myself at 15yrs old (2005) I had mowed yards all summer before turning 15 and bought an old broke down Porsche from my neighbor for 500$ and my dad and I cleaned the injectors and it fired right up! I then sold it for 2500$ and used that to buy my 240! It was a white hatch and it just sat in the garage cause I was too young to drive it lol. But None of my friends knew what it was, all of them were into Hondas at the time.. Shit was stupid. Now I'm 22 and on my 2nd white s13 hatch.. Needless to say my mechanical inexperience ruined my first one.. Oh well, I learned and now my current s is beautiful..

To answer the op's question: I may have been 16 in 2006 but I didn't know many people with 240's but I ALWAYS got asked what it was and I saw it's popularity rise significantly between 08-12.. I also think it was because of drifting. I have been modding a chassis for a while now and still have yet to drift my car.. Who knows what the next trend will be
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #87
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
All you fanboys read super street in the early 2000, while us kool catz read Option pre 1994.
And those are the guys doing SR swaps in their S-chassis BEFORE anybody else.

This thread is funny cuz everybody who posted up are the same folks who jumped on the band wagon AFTER it blew the fuck up.

Lil history lesson: Drifting went mainstream summer of 2003 when D1 came over for a couple of exhibition competetion. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for S-chassis in the states. D1 came over after Signal Auto did their country wide drift demos with the twin S13.5s the year prior. Before 2003, having an S-chassis sucked because there were no parts available for these cars.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #88
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
240s were way popular before tokyo drift. You can see the evolution of the bandwagon with in this thread with so many mixed responses, but a few have basically said how it was back then. I remember in high school no one knew wtf a 240 was except for a very very few. I would always get asked wtf my car was. Is that porsche? Is that a supra? 2003 is when they mostly started getting popular. I inherited my parents 240 they bought brand new in 92. It's the only car I've ever really given a shit about. Honda's, mitsu, talons etc are just not worth the time or effort in my eyes and that was the scene back then. Back in those days, there just wasn't much out there for cool japan cars stateside. Supras, rx-7 and 300z were to much for teenager. Unless you got the older versions. My first car I had the choice between moms 240 hatch or grandmas FC rx-7. I was pulling hair trying to decide lol.
Thats funny you say that because when I bought my 1st 240sx back in 2010(yea i know i was way late) I was also seriously undecided about whether to get a 240sx or a FC. I wanted a 240sx a little bit more just because they were more popular at the time and it seemed like Japan's holy grail for drift cars but the FC's were more affordable at least on clist. I ended up buying a 90 hatch from my next door neighbor when I saw him list his car on clist i noticed my house in the background. I bought it for $2300 bone stock literally, one owner an old guy car had 205,000 miles but I swear it ran like it had 40,000 miles. Sad thing was not knowing much about the s-chassis some idiot hit my car on the street basically damaging the front bumper(PIG NOSE RARE)and my right front fender.I sold it on craiglist for 1k.SMH I still can't beleive i did that.
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #89
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
I'm thinking the same with jsal32, shit was so cheap back then, I bought my 89 coupe in 2001, I paid $3,350 for it, it had 189,XXX miles on it, amazing condition factory champagne gold paint, 5spd, HUD power everything stock everything, I had an 85 ford that one day broke down and I said F this car, I was looking for a civic originally, drove past a rent a wreck in fairfield ca, I saw this little gold car, didn't know wtf it was but I fell in love with it, didn't want to get it because I wanted a civic, looked everywhere at civics but that little gold car was stuck in my head, so I went back to see how much they wanted for it, as I get there I see an older couple getting out of it, I ran inside and asked if the little gold car was sold, the guy said "no, they just took it for a test drive" in excitement I yelled I'll take it! He laughed and I just looked at him, half hour later, the little gold car was mine, everyone I knew were I to Hondas and talked shit, "it ain't a honda" constantly hearing from them, i loved my car though, drove it stock not knowing much about it and never really reading up on it, i just loved my car, always had a familiar sense about it but couldnt pinpoint it, I worked at a dealership as a lube tech, a new salesman Was hired and found out I drove it, he asked me if I was planing to do an sr20 I was like wtf is that? Then he explained to me, I was like oh ok cool, then he told me about the "Silvia" that's when I really got all excited, I knew there was some type of familiar feeling about the car, late 90's I was really into gran turismo and my favorite car was the S13 silvia, he brought me some magazine (that I still have somewhere) where I can order parts, back then the silvia front end was $350 whole front end, the sr20 was $600-800.

Fast forward to today, I still own it, drive it daily it now has 239,XXX miles on it running strong, the funny thing I never got tired of my car, I still get the same exact feeling as the same day I bought her in 2001.

I've seen the prices of these cars soar in the past, so many trendy styles to come and go, it's amazing how these kids are treating these cars, beating the shit out of them calling them missiles, cutting quarter panels off just for a set wheels to be called hella flush, what happens after this trend passes? Going to get looked at the same way as molded body kits in today's day, get called a ricer just like you do when you see and old school body kit or set of wheels, I've never fallen into these trends especially "hella flush" I'm old school, I tuck rim.

Sadly our cars have become the new Honda civic and every Honda fuck that got into the 240 game also brought their old low life habits.

I remember the day I can leave my car with the windows open, unlocked and nothing would happen, today I have to look over my shoulders everywhere I go, worry where I park even for five minutes. People tell me don't drive it then, WTF!?!? I bought the fuckin car to drive it not have it stored and walk, it was rare to hear a 240 got stolen, in the past three years I've noticed most of these changes and it sucks, the drifting scene has made these cars scarce, almost every for sale add has multi colored half ass swaps, dents parts cars from idiots trying to be pro drifters on the street, you can barely find anything in original condition, hell I remember my driver side seat didn't even have the normal bolster wear.

Some of you guys are probably not going to read my whole post, but going to reply with some dumb shit, talk all you want you just got your car because of the new trends to me, any 240 bought after 2005 is a trend buy, you know it, I've had my car before it was even thought of being in any trend, you had to know someone that knew someone that knew someone that even knew what the hell it was now every one and their mom know what it is, now everyone is on the "I want a 240 so I can drift it"

read the whole thing and I completely agree.
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #90
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post

long ass post but you do a good job capturing the pride and love the old guys have for these cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
And those are the guys doing SR swaps in their S-chassis BEFORE anybody else.

This thread is funny cuz everybody who posted up are the same folks who jumped on the band wagon AFTER it blew the fuck up.

Lil history lesson: Drifting went mainstream summer of 2003 when D1 came over for a couple of exhibition competetion. That was pretty much the beginning of the end for S-chassis in the states. D1 came over after Signal Auto did their country wide drift demos with the twin S13.5s the year prior. Before 2003, having an S-chassis sucked because there were no parts available for these cars.
exactly, a lot of us were aware from the Option mags and videos, Initial D and the first few Drift Days but it was those exhibitions that blew the doors wide open. I can still picture the wide eyes and drool dripping from the mouths of teenagers at those events.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote