Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #61
1_Bad_Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1_Bad_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dam it. i was thinking of buying a garret gt2871r .86ar turbo but now reading this just made me hold back. i dont know who to listen to everyone has diff. opinions.
1_Bad_Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 AM   #62
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would guess people would still buy brand name - garret turbo over the "chinese" no brand name turbo lol
chinabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #63
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm surprised no one from garret has replied to this thread....as if zilvia members don't influence the turbo market.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #64
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
I'm surprised no one from garret has replied to this thread....as if zilvia members don't influence the turbo market.
Cause this is a copy-pasta thread.

Garrett Turbos...The end of a quality product - NASIOC

It's a bullshit hearsay. No lawsuits that the OP claims can be found. All Conjecture.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #65
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Cause this is a copy-pasta thread.

Garrett Turbos...The end of a quality product - NASIOC

It's a bullshit hearsay. No lawsuits that the OP claims can be found. All Conjecture.
so nothing factual about quality, and garret hasn't stepped in. I smell bullshit!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #66
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
quoted and snipped--

"Well Cliff Garrett dies. At that time ALL production of Garrett Turbos was at Lomita Torrance ca. Also all engineering and research was there as well. After we were bought and production was sent to Mexico to save costs. Our production numbers doubled. And cost was cut in half our failure rate tripled. Well who cares Honeywell is making money and lots of it."

Cliff Garrett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
wiki says Cliff Garrett died in 1963. So brown bagging it and etc, don't mean shit. The man died 47years ago.
heres the wiki for garret/aireasearch Garrett AiResearch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
its not their first merger. Merger means new. NEW, things change. Names may stay the same, but things will change.

The last merger was in 1999, 10-11 frigging years ago. How many turbos that we(zilvian's) typically run that are that old? maybe stock turbos, but not much else.

If it was not for china turbos... where would cx racing/etc be without them? and our 600dollar gt35's?

its fake, read ^^^
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #67
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
if someone is going out of their way to expose manufacturing shit like this, I will take it serious regardless if someone is trying to play the detective game to see who's right and whats what. I will just refrain from purchasing, and save the slander until I have factual information.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #68
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
if someone is going out of their way to expose manufacturing shit like this, I will take it serious regardless if someone is trying to play the detective game to see who's right and whats what. I will just refrain from purchasing, and save the slander until I have factual information.
I can see this as a upset garret customer, that decided to make a great story with "some" fact information. I hear customers at my work all the time talk about how they are going to bad mouth our company in their "1,000" hits per month website. I see this as one of the cases....someone might have taken a lot of effort and thought.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #69
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I was manufactering parts for Garrett/Honeywell at my shop the other day. Nothing has changed with them..
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #70
Brokenspacebar

Brokenspacebar is an unknown quantity at this point
People like this are weird as hell! Evolve and find a more dynamic approach to your problems.
Brokenspacebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #71
dkenn81

dkenn81 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow..that's really frickin tragic..

garrett is supposed to be the leader in turbo products!
dkenn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 AM   #72
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Fuck the quality dispute plenty of people are satisfied with ebay parts. I can't speak for a decline in quality at Honeywell but they are shipping jobs out of the country and that is a fact. All these companies keep shipping out jobs and sooner or later the jobs in america will dwindle. In the short term the cheap labor makes for cheap product for consumers but long term, as more and more companies follow suit... I will not be supporting honeywell.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #73
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenn81 View Post
wow..that's really frickin tragic..

garrett is supposed to be the leader in turbo products!
andddddddddddd you missed the 90% of the thread that confirms it was a bullshit post.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #74
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
TD06-20G or bust

made by mitsu
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote