Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
4th Annual Toys For Tots Charity Car Show and Track time at Fontana Motor Speedway

I thought there might be some members that would like to go to this event. It is very big!! It has a car show by Team Transport, track event, and autocross event by Speed Ventures. You get to use your car on the track, autocross it, and show it off at the Fontana Motor Speedway. Plus it is for a good cause, Toys for Tots. There will be all kinds of cars there, JDM, American, and European. I will be there with my cars!!! So, see ya there!!

Click link below for info
http://t4tcarshow.com/

93 Coupe, 1969 510 2 Dr

Last edited by 69datsun510; 11-01-2007 at 02:54 PM..
69datsun510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
SILEIGHTY_DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SILEIGHTY_DET is making a name for him/her selfSILEIGHTY_DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that is really cool . i wish they had some events like this in nor cal .
SILEIGHTY_DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i didn't see much info about how much track time is allowed...
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
i didn't see much info about how much track time is allowed...

Click the link, then click on tab "about the show" here is what you get:

Speed Ventures: High Performance Driving Experience & Autocross Event
High Performance Driving Experience: Drive your car on real racetrack! As an added option, the Roval circuit at California Speedway is a challenging 2.5 mile layout that some of the world's top race sanctioning bodies (ALMS, AMA, Grand AM, SCCA, Ferrari Challenge) include in their schedules. It combines the technically challenging infield course with half of the super speedway used by NASCAR and the IRL. You get the challenge of both the tight, twisting left and right turns of the infield and the flat out excitement of one of the fastest racetracks in the world, including the ultra high banked turns one and two. There will be full instruction in racetrack driving and rules for beginners, and drivers will be grouped on track by skill level to insure maximum safety for all.

For those wanting an introduction to the big track, there will be a limited group available at a bargain price! For only $195, you'll get 4 on-track sessions of 20 minutes with each group limited to a maximum of 35 cars. This gives you more than an hour and a half on one of the world's great courses for under $200!

For the ultimate big track experience, we have a second option. For $295, you'll have a full five on-track sessions of 23 minutes each. (Over two hours total!) What's more, registration will be very limited in these sessions to keep traffic to an absolute minimum and give you the most open track time possible.

You may participate in both the T4T Car Show and the Autocross/track event, but registration is separate.

To register for Speed Ventures' HPDE/Track event click here

Autocross:

This event will be run on an Autocross course set up in the paved area inside the Super Speedway. It will run concurrently with the track event. You may participate in the autocross only, or drive in both the autocross and the track event. Your registration allows you as many runs as you'd like throughout the day, so you can run the auto-x course multiple times in the time periods between your run sessions.

The auto-x circuit will be open from approx. 10am to 5pm. And all experience levels are welcome. You may make as many runs as you like on the course, space and time permitting. A helmet is required. (Motorcycle helmets are OK for the auto-x) If you don't have one, you can reserve a rental helmet when you register.

You may participate in both the T4T Car Show and the Autocross/track event, but registration is separate. To register for Speed Ventures' Autocross click here

I have marked in red, where to click, to register once on the web page. I hope it helped you get the info

93 Coupe, 1969 510 2 Dr
Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

Just to let everyone know, you can still have your car in the show, December 2nd. You won't be in an assigned show area, just the general area. The below statement in red is directly from the event criteria. I believe you can still register for the AutoX and the Big track time with Speed Ventures.

It's never to late to give a toy at "TOYS FOR TOTS". So, polish up your car, tune your AutoX, or grip car, and come on out!!! You can show your support by being a spectator too!! The 510 in my signature and I will be there!! So, come down and introduce yourself as a Zilvia member and checkout my old school ride.

Load-in will begin at 7:00am and end at 9:15a, with the event open to the public from 10a to 4p. Show vehicles that do not load-in prior to 9:15a will be required to park in the general area, inside the oval - but not with the other show cars.

93 Coupe, 1969 510 2 Dr