Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
fkhuk

Trader Rating: (1)
fkhuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any experience with knock off supermade kits?

I would love to get a legit Supermade, but I can't find any for what I'm willing to pay for it. So, I've been looking at some of the knock off kits, and was wondering if there is anyone that can give me feedback on how some of the knock offs fit. I don't want to hear "all knocks off fit horrible" or "that company sucks" I want to really know how these kits fit.

VIS $850 shipped. From what I've found searching this seems to have pretty good reviews.

ABS Dynamics $650 Can't really find any info, only info I could find is one guy swearing this kit fits great.

Chaser - Ive heard great things about their fitment, but can't find any of their stuff for sale, anywhere.

If Im missing some please let me know!
fkhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkhuk View Post

VIS $850 shipped. From what I've found searching this seems to have pretty good reviews.

ABS Dynamics $650 Can't really find any info, only info I could find is one guy swearing this kit fits great.

Chaser - Ive heard great things about their fitment, but can't find any of their stuff for sale, anywhere.

If Im missing some please let me know!
Every Vis part I've seen has fit pretty nicely. Like 8/10
Abs dynamics idk.
Who ever told you chaser stuff fits well fuckin lied to you.
The reason you can't find their stuff is because of how many people they scammed out of thousands of dollars. Read through the review threads pretty shady shit.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Every Vis part I've seen has fit pretty nicely. Like 8/10

The reason you can't find their stuff is because of how many people they scammed out of thousands of dollars. Read through the review threads pretty shady shit.
Also, from some of the stuff I've gathered, A lot of these types of companies offer compensation in form of partial refunds or new kits, with the agreement to take down their posts of their shitty fitment on the forums etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
i have fitted several vis kits on other peoples cars and they all fit terribly but never the supermade copy so cant give you any real answers on that

i know you said you dont want to hear it but im going to say it anyways pretty much all copies are going to fit like garbage

if you cant afford the real thing maybe you should wait on getting an aero kit
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
na_user

Trader Rating: (0)
na_user is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got he vis supermade kit on my s13 the back bumper had a huge gap but the side skits an front bumper fit alright i guess u get what u pay for
na_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
venom2034
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
venom2034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
my old car had a combination of vis and abs parts. fitment was good and I was very happy with the way it came out.
venom2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
For the most part, most knock off kits are hit or miss. All depends on who made the batch. Somebody be having a bad day and make shitty batches. Chaser, I would only buy from them if you can make the trip up there and have them fit it on your car so you'll see first hand if they'll fit or not.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
fkhuk

fkhuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info guys, I can't remember where I found Supermade kits for sale in the states for price reference. Has anyone else found them as of late? I obvious will not pay to have an entire aero kit shipped from Japan, shipping would be ridiculous. I'm nervous to get knockoff kits because I'm not really one to use "discounted" parts per say, but I can't live without the Supermade look haha
fkhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #9
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

datboibrad can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkhuk View Post
Thanks for the info guys, I can't remember where I found Supermade kits for sale in the states for price reference. Has anyone else found them as of late? I obvious will not pay to have an entire aero kit shipped from Japan, shipping would be ridiculous. I'm nervous to get knockoff kits because I'm not really one to use "discounted" parts per say, but I can't live without the Supermade look haha
if you want a good fit just save your pennies and have the real thing shipped. The one knock off supermade kit I dealt with fit like ass. The side skirts were really wavy and needed a lot of body work and needed to be blocked as did the bumpers. the rear bumpers had large gaps where it met the quarters and the side skirts also had bad gaps that the door hit when it was opened or closed. The front bumper seemed as if it was also too big for the front end so you had to force it into position to make it match up with the fenders but if you did that you had gaps around the headlights and the bumper wouldn't match up to the front brace that you bolt it down to.
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #10
Jfitzg38
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Jfitzg38 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have a chased supermade kit. Fits ok, but needed work. From everything else I hear most chaser actually fits like shit, and they are awful to deal with.
Jfitzg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
people still buy body kits?

you guys havent learned that fiberglass sucks yet?

edit:

nevermind
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote