Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Cool Tricky's JZX100 build (AKA Tricky bought a land yacht!)

Alright, so I figured that I should probably start one of these threads. It will be nice keeping track of progress and being able to ask general questions (and get feedback on plans). I'll go in order of events till we are caught up, but I promise not to skip anything...

So where do I begin? So I've been into S Chassis cars for a while now... I even owned a S15 Silvia. I've always liked the X Chassis cars, but never really gave ownership much thought till Marc's big body build. So I did what any rational person would do... Sell off ALL of my parts I've been collecting over the years and sell the car.

It was honestly a nice break for me (and my savings were happy, and my investor was surprised I kept her busy). Anyways, I started to get the itch to jump back in. I started to work with a local importer last year, and began the process of finding something that ticked off all of the boxes for me. I wasn't fussed on KM's but wanted a stock white (preferably) chaser with a sun roof. I was going back and forth between that and a Mark II, but I like the lines of the Chaser a bit more.

It took a few months, and there were a few cars that I lost out on. I was even thinking about going back to the Nissan world (another S15 or C35 Laurel) when this popped up on the up coming auction list.

Went over the auction sheet, and everything was great, except for the paint. 3.5 Grade with the interior listed as B. The clear is done, but I factored a respray in the budget. In the end, I ended up winning the auction, and I was the new owner of a Chaser!

I decided to have it stored in Japan over the winter to miss the Canadian freeze. It was cool, as it gave me time to plan things out. I was also able to pick up a few things while I was in Japan for TAS (more on my trip to Japan later).

So here it is, waiting to be imported into Canada...

At this point is was the start of winter, and my car was being stored. I was also in the final stages of plans for my Japan trip. I was going to try and hit up as many vendors I could, while doing the usual touristy things. I'd be there for 2 weeks, so hopefully I could make it all happen...

Till the next post...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...

Last edited by tricky_ab; 07-07-2017 at 08:14 PM..
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links