Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #151
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
I guess I have to make some reinforcement in the box to protect that little tab from UPS throwing boxes.

We have not ran BOV's on our cars for years, you just dont need to bleed air off the pipes when modulating the throttle for drifting.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #152
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got my kit mounted up tuesday. Please excuse the wiring in the front, have been chasing and fixing a few problems from the previous owner. Also the jager bottle is from the previous owner too. It will all be cleaned up and bumper put back on as soon as I can find one that isnt cut up for a fmic.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #153
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
i got mine installed also.

PLease reinforce the box. 1 of my tabs were bent also. I got it pretty straight but i would recommend to reinforce the shipping box.

Other than that, its a very nice product. I just ordered the core b/c i'm not running a sr
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #154
s14_rob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s14_rob is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quote on a s14 with an s13sr... could you guys weld on a hks bov flange? i mostly drift but also like to daily the car in the summer. what would result of not running a bov when doing high speed driving?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #155
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Might as well start getting an SR build tab together...

S13 with S13 SR shipped to 17517
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #156
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_rob View Post
quote on a s14 with an s13sr... could you guys weld on a hks bov flange? i mostly drift but also like to daily the car in the summer. what would result of not running a bov when doing high speed driving?
Yes just buy the aluminum flange online and have it sent here.
other people will tell you not running a BOV will kill the turbo but I have never seen any evidence of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
I just ordered the core b/c i'm not running a sr
if you have a KA-T you just run same hot pipe as s13SR and cold pipe for T25(s13sr) or T28(s14-15sr) whichever you have
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Might as well start getting an SR build tab together...

S13 with S13 SR shipped to 17517
$380 shipped
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #157
Masa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Masa is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
thanks for the fast shipping dan!, shipped on the 24th received on the 27th.

kit looks great but ditto on reinforcing the box for those tabs. hotside tab got a makeover.

will be installing soon, very impressed on the quality.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #158
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

oh jeez, or maybe we should make those tabs bolt on
Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #159
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
oh jeez, or maybe we should make those tabs bolt on
Yes, please! Mine had the same issue (thought it was a redesign, lol).

Anyway, for guys thinking about running it on a ka-t setup.

The cold pipe fits fine for the most part. It's not 100% perfect angle & you will have to mode the radiator hose (add a 34mm adapter in between & reclock it) to make it all fit. A slight redesign in the angle/depth of the cold pipe & it would work perfect; however, you can run the sr pipe. Also, not sure what the sr pipe comes w/ originally, but you'll also want to ask for a 5/8" outer diameter bung for cold side like I did. Because of the angle, I also got a 5/8" plastic elbow from the local auto store (not pictured)

You can see what I'm talking about kind of here (don't mind the text, that's for a write-up I made):

For the cold side, since I'm still currently top-mount, I rigged up my own setup. I think the hot side should fit fine though since the ka-t bottom mount setup puts things relatively in the same position as the sr setup.

I also converted to running an odyssey battery since the optima red top no longer fit.

I can't give you a definitive response difference of just the HMIC install since I also changed over to an UR underdrive pulley, but with those 2 mods combined (stock pulley & s15 sidemount), the response is SUPER AWESOME!!!

I also can't give definitive performance pro's/con's in terms of engine coolant temp since I removed the a/c system & relocated the oil cooler slightly for more air. However, w/ my oil cooler relocated, no a/c, tranny cooler, hmic, and koyo radiator, I was seeing 85-87C after several back-to-back runs @ autox. It would cool down to 80-83C while idling. Same time last year, with a/c condenser, oil cooler mounted in a different spot (less air), koyo, and side mount, I was seeing around 88-90C after several autox runs & it wouldn't get below 85C without opening the hood.

I'm hoping to more thoroughly test this @ autox & hpde's over the next few months as the car continues to get some work done on it.

It's a little scary driving the car @ autox going down the straights and even out of the corners compared to the setup before. Didn't feel or see any noticeable pressure drop/lag going from the smaller sidemount to bigger hmic - definite plus.

Thanks for making great products.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #160
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
if you have a KA-T you just run same hot pipe as s13SR and cold pipe for T25(s13sr) or T28(s14-15sr) whichever you have
i have a 1jz

sorry for the horrible picture, left my camera at home. You're probably wondering about my cut also, I previously had a precision intercooler so that's why so much metal is cut.

slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #161
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

broke as: Thanks for the review.
The 5/8 size is standard.
We sell rad hose adapters for $20
I dont think the pully is noticeable, its all intercooler!
My S15 motor runs hard in the 80's, cools down to the 70's with 60's temps on the street.
Dont forget to retune the ECU after you make changes!

Slideways2004, thats awesome
Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #162
burninskulls0911
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
burninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enoughburninskulls0911 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Need to have the car in my shop, or you can buy one of the HMIC kits and mod it to work.
how much would it be for just the intercooler? no piping
burninskulls0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #163
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

~~~$250~~~
Old 12-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #164
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
lol jager bottle.

Awesome IC setup! I want one...one of these days! Keep up the solid products, love the support of your aftermarket for the drifting community.
winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #165
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Making one for an s13 SR with Greddy intake manifold into an S13?
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #166
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I could but I dont know of any local cars running that manifold - bring me yours.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #167
sneakerjunkie
Zilvia Junkie

sneakerjunkie is making a name for him/her selfsneakerjunkie is making a name for him/her self
are these kits back in stock yet
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #168
sneakerjunkie
Zilvia Junkie

sneakerjunkie is making a name for him/her selfsneakerjunkie is making a name for him/her self
pm'd you but u havnt responded
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #169
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

back in stock around the end of april, there is a fresh thread on this too, this one is old, i dont check it
Old 05-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #170
pressures on
Leaky Injector

pressures on is an unknown quantity at this point
dan, would this work with a CA? i'm not diggin low fmic's.

price to 83642
pressures on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #171
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

need a car in the shop here to develop for CA18

in the mean time I believe the s14 kit is close... if you want to mod a kit yourself.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #172
pressures on
Leaky Injector

no worries, i'll drive it down from here for you.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #173
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ha ha seriously?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #174
pressures on
Leaky Injector

haha i wish. you can use it as a CA demo car. how does this intercooler flow compared to a v-mount setup. have you seen high temps at all with matt and tommy?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #175
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

pretty much the same flow as a vmount, matt is still cool while pushing over 500HP in the KA-T
Old 06-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #176
pressures on
Leaky Injector

word. how much is just the intercooler alone? i can figure out a way to do the pipes.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #177
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

$250USD plus shipping, add to cart here http://zilvia.net/f/forced-induction...ng-thread.html if you want to get it. Arrival date is mid July.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #178
pressures on
Leaky Injector

alright cool. i was looking through the thread about it on the pbm site and there was a guy who was going to get it and use the s14 cold pipe for his ca. have you heard anything about that, or the outcome? he stopped posting afterwords.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #179
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I dont know what he came up with either.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #180
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
can i run this high mount kit with a/c? on an s14 (if that matters)