Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Draggin A$$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Draggin A$$'s S14

This is my build I started in Aug '12

Here is what I started with its a 1995 240sx.

This is what I know its came with:
Hydro E-brake plumbed but not mounted
5 Lug
Stock 16" rims
17" MB Weapons rims
Buddy Club Bucket
Function Form Type 2 coil overs
solid subframe bushings
SPL solid diff bushings
off brand tc rods
Some kind exhaust (that I hope will pass emissions)

Here are some pics of what I'll be working with

Hydro E-Brake

Here is the list of what I brought back with me from Japan

S14 SR20DET
5 Speed mission
R33 GT-R Fuel pump
1.5 way LDS
KTS coilovers
KTS 32mm Sway bar
8 Point cage
Uras Type II body kit
Bride Seat
Custom Shifter
SMIC & FMIC
Full interior(minus the dash)
D Max Crystal Corner light
D Max Crystal Blinker lights
D Max Kouki Fenders
D Max Rear Overfenders
Kouki trunk with Kouki wing
Kouki Tail lights
Kouki Head lights
Full 3" exhaust from the turbo back to an HKS Dragger muffler
R33 GT-R wheels
Z33 Fairlady Z wheels
Z32 Brakes
And some other odds and ends here and there

Here it is in when I got to Texas. Got it cleaned up a little and getting the lights put in. I also put my Bride in, wheels with good tires and raised it about 3 inches so I could get it on the transport.

Here she is a few weeks later in the garage for the first time in it new home in Idaho.

So, after having it a few days I had some free time to de-fagaize the car. I removed all the retarded stickers and tint. Also put all the MB's on.

Well I got tired of the the whole push button start S@#$ that the old owner put in to bypass the anti-theft system so I rewired it and cleaned up the relay box and battery.

While I was at the rewire I took out the POS radio that didn't work and fixed the HVAC controls so they weren't falling in the dash anymore.

And since I had the dash torn apart I hid the hydro E-brake for now until I can get the rear brakes fixed to be able to think about using it.

Two months later I finally got my stuff. So, while I was cleaning out the garage to make room for the car and the wife's van I threw some stuff on the car just for shits and giggles.

Kouki Wing

I test fitted the D-Max rear overs

And I can't be without my baby's!! So, I had to put the GT-R's on

Old with the New

On

So I spent about 4 hours last night finishing up the brakes and hit on a few other things.

Put on the KTS coilovers

KTS swaybar

Draggin A$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

Front and rear strut bars

Test pipe

HKS exhaust

Cage is in, well mostly anyway.

Did a little metal flexing trying to fix the lasts owners awesome fender pulling job.

Here it is with the over fender on.

Got bored one night so I put the URAS rear bumper on, but didnt stop there. I also threw on the over fender and side skirt.

Here is how the over sits on the tires right now. I have enough pull on the fender to clear the tire but the over doesnt.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

So, I had a few issues with the car. One is I did a coolant flush to get it ready for the cold since the car is from Texas and since I did it the car gets way too hot. It doesn't over heat it just get almost there. Two is the battery decided it didn't like being whole so it blew a hole in the bottom of it.

Since I couldn't drive the car I went to put my LSD in and while doing it one of welded in nuts on the front of the sub frame snapped off so the bolt would just spin. So I pulled out the sawsall and cut the bolt head off and got the diff out. So my plan is to cut a hole in the sub frame weld a new nut in there and then re-weld up the hole but that plan came to a stop when I realize I didn't have any cutoff wheels so that didn't get done today.

Well since I couldn't drive at all and it might be awhile before I can I stripped the front off(lights, fenders, hood, bumper). Once I was done with the stripping I decided to do some test fitting of some more D-Max stuff.

The wheels are 17x9 +30 with 225/45's and a 15mm spacer. So there's a little gap. Also there is only one bolt holding the fender on too.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

I got the LSD in and rest of the body work done(but still need a hood)

In the air

On the ground

Got the lights all wired up and got some paint on the car too. I know its not much of an update.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

This was the last update for a few weeks. I had surgery so was laid up for a bit.

Some outside pics

Here is the trunk stripped nothing exciting.

While I was in the trunk I decided to go ahead and fix the "body work" the dumbass that had the car before me did(tape and bondo).

Welded

Bondo

Done(mostly)

After being laid up for a few weeks. I sanded the car down to get it ready for some primer.

Sorry for the crappy hazy pics

Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

She is "almost" ready for the road.

I have the mirror left to paint.

Here is Hydro E-Brake V1.0

I need to do some finish grinding and paint it.

Not much of an update but I put my JDM rear seats in and removed quite a bit of airbag shit. It was getting cold without the interior in.

Airbag gone
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

So, the SR came out of its cocoon.

And on the stand ready to be put back together.

Well I got out in the garage and got the valve cover, sump, oil pan and pick up put on. As I was going through my stuff I found out my intake mani and exhaust mani gaskets didn't make it. So I'll have to order those.

I went with the polished valve color this time because I wanted to "try" for a clean look.

I got my intake mani and exhaust mani gaskets in. So I took a well needed study break and went out to work on the SR. About an hour in to it the wife came out to tell me how late it was.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

I redid my hydro e-brake. I like the way it came out a bit better this time.

New left; old right

Installed

So I got one of these with the help from the guys at BK Industries in Boise

Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

This is one of those SR20 engine things, right? I just want to make sure before I put it in my car.

Motor is in!!!

Here's the fun stuff

Wires that are being tucked in the dash

Wires being tucked in the bay

Unneeded crap pulled out

All thats left to finish it up is wiring, fluids and intercooler. After that I should be good to go.

I got some of the wiring done in between studying.

The nest

Wires that need to be shortened and tucked in the dash

What's left that will be staying the bay

How the wheel well will look

Before anyone says it. Yes all wires will be wrapped and protected.

Ok got some more wiring done. I'm almost done with it, I can't wait.

Here is what I did with the fender well. I opted to just keep it out but I raised it up.

Going around the corner(not done)

Drivers side nest cleaned up(grounds are left)

Behind the glove box. All the relays and the fuse panel will be tucked up on the right side above the ECU.

If these pics suck its because I pulled out the Nikon D7000 w/ 35mm to take them and didn't use the point and shoot like usual. So, I'm a little rusty with it.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #10
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

I finally finished the chassis harness. And I am so glad its over. All that I have left is to finish repining the engine harness and rewrap it and its on, put in the FMIC, Fluids, and figure out where to mount my battery in the trunk.

Anyway pics of the finished bay

Here is the glove box I need to fix/finish

I got the car back on the ground finally. And I got the over fenders on also. They will be pulled back off to get painted. Here are a few pics.

Overs on

And on the ground

All that is left is put the harness on and hook up the battery. And the yellow intercooler was temporary.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #11
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

It's running! It runs a bit rough but its been sitting for like 8 months.

http://vimeo.com/60924309

After getting it running the SR decided it wanted to throw up. Blown the head gasket. It didn't like the move from 99% humidity to 1% humidity. Needless to say it needs ALL gaskets replaced and the turbo seals are shot too. So, the S14 will be down a bit longer now.

While I was waiting on parts for the motor, I added some paint to the over fenders. And since it's finally getting a little warmer I'm gonna start fixing the broken pieces of my body kit.

Look I found my coolant

Well I got the head off. All I have to do now is clean it up and put the new head gasket on and reassemble it. I'm still waiting on two parts to come in.

Here are some pics

So, I got the motor the head gasket in. I get the fixed and while I getting the cams back in my exhaust cam snap. Yay for me! I put in a call to a friend in Japanland and he sent me a set of cams for the cost of a 30 pack of Bud's. I get them put them in and go to start the car and it just cranks and I get nothing. I check the main things spark, fuel and every things working right. Well I was stumped so I stopped for the night. While I was sleeping I had a dream about the the starting issue. So, 9 times out of 10 when I have a dream like that its right. So, when I got off work I went out to the car pulled the valve cover off turned the crank to TDC then checked the timing on the cams and you know what I was 4 teeth off. How? I have no clue. I get all that fix and the car fires up first try. So the car is running but making this God awful metal on metal clacking. First thing that comes to mind is a bent valve. So I stopped for the night all pissed off. The next day after work I pull the valve cover off expecting the worst but to my surprise one of my rockers fell off. I get it back on and manually turn the crank to watch for bent valves and nothing. I start the car up and it's running smoother than it did when I had it in Okinawa. So, the motor is in and running great now. I started fixing my body kit last night. I laid the fiberglass so it could sit over night. The rest of the weekend will be bondo, kitty hair and sanding.

Here's the cam that broke

Some body work getting done.

And here she is back on the road
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #12
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

I guess the last place I left off was my broke cam. Here are pics of what I got before I broke the cam.

New cams

Here was what was causing the God awful sounds after I replaced the cams.

I also slowly trying to get the car all one color.

Working on shaving up my other trunk lid

Some random parts that I've got in

So, I went to several tire shops around my area and no one would flip my tires because of "too much tire wear". So I had to do it myself by hand.

And because everyone wants way too much for a used stock filter adaptor I made one at work.

Random wheels pic from the last time I cleaned out the garage. The wife thinks I have too many, but its half of what I had in Japan.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #13
Draggin A$$
Leaky Injector

Well here is where the stopping point it. The car's home for the next few months. I too the car back to Texas in Feb because I'll be moving there in June.

This is it till I get settled in in Texas!

Last edited by Draggin A$$; 04-12-2014 at 10:48 AM..
Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #14
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Nice build man! Can't wait for more. Holy shit on that snapped cam, any idea how it happened? Was one of the pistons at TDC when you were installing the cams?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Are you planning on keeping this somewhat street legal or just a drift car only? Make sure you tell your insurance that you removed the airbag, other wise they wont cover shit in case you get into an accident
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote