Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replicating the SBC Process

Just curious fellas...I have a set of SSR Professor SP1 in the plain silver finish. I really wanted the SBC finish, but the deal on these was too good to pass up at the time.

Now that my car is down, I was thinking about taking off the wheels and having a similar process performed to give them the same appearance. But what exactly is "SBC." Enkei's website states that it's a synthetic coating process, but not much more than that. Couldn't find any info on how SSR, Work, or Rays, achieve this same effect with their wheels.

We have a couple of great powder coating shops here in the DFW area, I just wasn't sure exactly what exactly I need to ask for when I contact them? Can they mimic this type of finish?