Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #121
alexchanman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
alexchanman is making a name for him/her selfalexchanman is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to alexchanman
setup looooks sooo crazy i love that bracket, looks like a big company with alot of money made it.
alexchanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #122
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the compliments Zilvians.
Drew935, The rears will wait a little while untill Willwood get back
to me or rather "TIG Engineering" that did the work on the car. They requested
information about the willwood mechanical spot calipers. Once they
have the info and they are satisfied I will do the rears.
The tires are Potenza RE-070 which provide plenty of grip.
The bracket is the best looking part in the whole setup although
it will never be seen I hope. Anyway, made by shop
that does very high quality custom fabrications from the brackets
you see here upto designing engines from bare blocks. They are the
shit!!!!!! their decal is on my car because they are great guys and you
I have much respect for them and their abilities.

Last edited by JohnC; 05-16-2006 at 05:54 AM..
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #123
SaintlyCharBoy
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (1)
SaintlyCharBoy is making a name for him/her selfSaintlyCharBoy is making a name for him/her selfSaintlyCharBoy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to SaintlyCharBoy Send a message via AIM to SaintlyCharBoy Send a message via Yahoo to SaintlyCharBoy
you know if "TIG engineering" is willing to sell more brackets?

a raw aluminum finish would be awesome
Old 05-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #124
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
I am sure they would.
I will ask them for a price.

John
Old 05-17-2006, 02:10 AM   #125
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Too bad evo rotors are so expensive. Hard to beat $20 Z32 blanks when you're doing a lot of track days and just wearing them out anyways.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:23 AM   #126
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre
You can have the biggest brakes in the world and still not outbrake a stock car, if you're tires don't allow you too.
Stupid post. 225/45 RE070's are nice sticky tires. Your argument is crap given the context of this thread.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #127
aznxplayer
Zilvia Member

aznxplayer can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to aznxplayer
question, those willwood ebrake calipers, anyone use em on their car? thinkin bout gettin em for either zbrakes if i dont wnna do the ebrake assy or if i get somethin else in the rears...cause that would be cool as fuck to have 2 calipers on the back haha
thx!
aznxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #128
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxplayer
question, those willwood ebrake calipers, anyone use em on their car? thinkin bout gettin em for either zbrakes if i dont wnna do the ebrake assy or if i get somethin else in the rears...cause that would be cool as fuck to have 2 calipers on the back haha
thx!
I will be using them in about 2 weeks.
Received the information I needed and it
looks like its a go as far as using them for
a mechanical ebarke. I will update after they are installed.

Saintlycharboy, I got a total of 5 people wanting these brackets
made. The price including shipping will be around 290 shipped just for
one but if we get 5 it will be around 220 shipped. Aluminium they will not
do for brake applications. Liability etc..... They used 4340 steel (or something like that :-P )
on m brackets since it is very very strong material. Weight saving will be
addressed in a couple of weeks when we atke them out to install my floating rotors.

John
Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #129
REDSH!FT
Zilvia Junkie

REDSH!FT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC

messagelength
REDSH!FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #130
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSH!FT

They look great , If I may say so, under the wheels I bought from you dont
they Ian?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #131
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
hey that is awesome,

im here in canada,

i just did the 300zx front and rear, except my fronts are 26mm still better than stock heh... and the rears i also got powerslot rotors.. PDM racing stainless steel lines all around.

This looks pretty cool though, looking forward to a detailed writeup, too much information in this thread, it was kind of confusing hehe, but i did go through the whole thread, it was interesting!
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #132
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
just wondering what steelbraided lines did you guys use? will S13 steelbraided lines work that some of us are using for Z32 caliper setup front and stock caliper rear?

Also, for the ebrake cable, can you just reuse stock s13 cable and connect it to the STI brembo caliper?

and one more last but rather important question.. with the front bracket and STI caliper, how different is this set up going to be then Z32 for wheel to caliper clearance? My wheels are 17x9 +20 all around, and i run 10mm spacer, wonder if this combo would clear or will need even a bigger spacer
Many tks!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #133
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg
just wondering what steelbraided lines did you guys use? will S13 steelbraided lines work that some of us are using for Z32 caliper setup front and stock caliper rear?

Also, for the ebrake cable, can you just reuse stock s13 cable and connect it to the STI brembo caliper?

and one more last but rather important question.. with the front bracket and STI caliper, how different is this set up going to be then Z32 for wheel to caliper clearance? My wheels are 17x9 +20 all around, and i run 10mm spacer, wonder if this combo would clear or will need even a bigger spacer
Many tks!
STI Steel braided lines up front woked great. Rear has yet to be modified + I have a S14 so IDK. I MB Wheels 17X9 with 15 or 17 offset and I have room for another caliper between the brembos and the spokes. I can get almost 3 fingers inbetween the caliper and wheel.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:33 AM   #134
khmerguy618
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfectionkhmerguy618 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khmerguy618
man this is a great write up and those brakes look awesome. Tracked them yet?

[email protected]

IF you bought stuff from me write me a review HERE
||VEXMOTORSPORTS || DMAX-USA || RPS CLUTCH || BAB AUTOBODY||
khmerguy618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #135
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmerguy618
man this is a great write up and those brakes look awesome. Tracked them yet?
first,
Thank you KRINKOV!!!!!!!!!! for bringing this upgrade to life.
I had a chance to put them to the test on a mountain run several times in the past weekend.
Downhill no problems at all with fade, if you use the brakes right, due to increased initial bite and
clamping force of the complete system you can brake harder, later and for a much shorter time.
Trail braking has become an easy task due to increased feedback from the brake system.
I run ferodo 2500 pads. Chasing a couple of friends with evo's required very hard braking from
high speeds and at no point was I not confident about the brakes.
I autox'd with them one time on a 1.4 mile course with segments of up to 95mph and then very hard braking
and all I can say is this system works great!!!

This is as close as it can get (snap shots taken from a video of this weekends run).

Old 05-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #136
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i plan on putting them on an S13, so i would assume STI steel braided lines will work up front, just not sure about the rear.. perhaps sti as well?
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #137
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice! Bet you your buddies in their Evos were like when they saw you right on their ass.

Then they were probably like
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #138
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You don't need Evo brakes to get on Evo ass. You just need wide tires, the right suspension, and a grippy pad compound.

Of course, if we're talking about getting on their asses continually in 92-degree heat, you do need something bigger than stock, or Z32 for that matter. For doing so on a budget, I don't really see any idea better than this.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #139
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
You don't need Evo brakes to get on Evo ass. You just need wide tires, the right suspension, and a grippy pad compound.

Of course, if we're talking about getting on their asses continually in 92-degree heat, you do need something bigger than stock, or Z32 for that matter. For doing so on a budget, I don't really see any idea better than this.
Thats right!
It was actually 95 . I had the z32 as stock brakes with ferodo 2500 and braided
lines and sloted rotors but I would always need to brake about half a second to a second earlier. Not anymore. Confidence in your brake systems
gives you more then just better braking ability, it allows you to concentrate on your driving hence going faster is "easier".
Sosideways: somewhat surprised. They always got away from me with accel and braking but I would close with entry speed and mid corner speed now they are holding me back a little going downhill. one of the evo's with dunlop direzza rubber (my next tire)
Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #140
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
JohnC add me to the list for thoes brackets. I want a set.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #141
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITCH
JohnC add me to the list for thoes brackets. I want a set.
Added,

I have contacted one of the moderators to get permission to setup
an organized GB. Once I have an answer I will see how we will do this.
I will not be making any profit, all the payments go directly to the shop.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #142
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC
Added,

I have contacted one of the moderators to get permission to setup
an organized GB. Once I have an answer I will see how we will do this.
I will not be making any profit, all the payments go directly to the shop.
Will the shop be willing to make more than the initial batch of like 5 sets of brackets?

And also, will there be a bracket for the Wilwood e-brake calipers when you get your's done?

Those should be interesting, as I want to see how that setup will work out for you.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #143
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

The shop will produce as many as needed the more
the better.
the wilwood caliper requires the willwood bracket that
they sell or making your own. it is not car specific so
fabrication is required anyway.It creates another mounting ppoint and needs to be
welded on the hub. I will post the needed parts and results once
I get the parts in and mounted.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #144
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just did this setup, using cadillac CTS v series F40 style calipers, mustang cobra rotors, and mitsu evo pads.

The only problem I have is that the cobra rotors dont center perfectly on the hubs. Anyone have a fix for this?

Before

After

Old 05-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #145
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

That looks great gsracer.
You will need hubcentric rings made up to solve
the centering issue. Take the measurment and get the machined.
The yellow ones shown in this picture

are to center the wheels and made from polycarbonate
but same idea applies to the rotors.
How are those calipers performing?

Last edited by JohnC; 02-11-2007 at 12:30 PM..
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #146
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
The problem i get is that the center of the hub is 66 mm and the center of the rotor is 70mm. The ring would have to be 2mm thick. I dont know of anyone who could make something like that.

As for how its performing , dont know yet havent driven it. But i will be doing 4 piston rears as well with a manual ebrake.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #147
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

Find a machine shop,a good one, 2mm is not so hard to make. I bet you thought
about that already
make it from steel and have is coated to avoid rust. What 4pot
will you be using for the rears?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #148
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Most hubcentric rings are around 2mm thick anyway I thought?

Because most wheels are made with like 70mm center bore to fit most of the makes/models of cars, and us Nissan guys have 66mm center bore, so...

I mean, I have some plastic ones I got from SPLparts.com and they're 2mm thick IIRC. I have 5zigen FN01R-Cs on my car, so...
Old 05-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #149
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

I got a line on the hubcentric rings, new question.

Does anyone know the rotor height from the 350z track with the brembos?

Old 05-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #150
cosmoworks

cosmoworks is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer
I got a line on the hubcentric rings, new question.

Does anyone know the rotor height from the 350z track with the brembos?
Don't trust the answer I already gave you? 49mm.

-Cosmo
cosmoworks is offline   Reply With Quote