Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2022, 11:04 AM   #61
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I think of the reddit r/240SX crowd that just wants to go on a website and click 'buy' and get wheels that fit. Can't do that if you have a 4 lug car.
I get that but if one is willing to drop that kind of cash on wheels a 5 lug swap does not seem like it would be that big of a deal.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2022, 12:11 PM   #62
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I get that but if one is willing to drop that kind of cash on wheels a 5 lug swap does not seem like it would be that big of a deal.
Have you ever spent time on that subreddit? Because this simple logic would blow their minds.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM   #63
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Have you ever spent time on that subreddit? Because this simple logic would blow their minds.
Reddit and Logic don't go together.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:49 PM   #64
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
No shit.

There is zero reason to keep a 240sx 4-lug. 5 lug opens the door to a billion wheel options and then matching commonality with just about every other desirable car you may own or one day own.

5x114.3 is king and if I owned a GT86, I'd be swapping that shit as well.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:01 PM   #65
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good hubs cost money and so would replacing all the wheels I already have, that's my reason for not doing so.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:45 PM   #66
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Yes and basically what Corbic said. Their advice would see you with a blown engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Reddit and Logic don't go together.

Quote:
Good hubs cost money and so would replacing all the wheels I already have, that's my reason for not doing so.
That makes sense. I think were were talking more about those who are looking to purchase wheels for the first time vs though who have a collection already.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:54 PM   #67
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Bruh, Nissan OEM is $700, GKTech is $300.

Buy once, cry once. Problem solved

Wheel makers aren't going to invest in a dead chassis because a few dozen guys didn't 5-lug swap 20 years ago.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #68
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Staying 4 lug after your 3rd or 4th year owning a 240 knowing that you want anything over a 16" wheel is being stubborn lol

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:29 PM   #69
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
The only reason I would ever get over a 16" wheel is they stopped making tires other than Linglong crap in 205/60-15. 16" wheel options are thin too though, even in 5 lug, because even eg the NC Miata crowd wants 17" bling

If you want to give me $700 because that is nothing to you then go ahead, Rockefeller. If we're talking about $2k wheels here - and that's not a cheap set of wheels - that's a 35% tax.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #70
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
The only reason I would ever get over a 16" wheel is they stopped making tires other than Linglong crap in 205/60-15. 16" wheel options are thin too though, even in 5 lug, because even eg the NC Miata crowd wants 17" bling

If you want to give me $700 because that is nothing to you then go ahead, Rockefeller. If we're talking about $2k wheels here - and that's not a cheap set of wheels - that's a 35% tax.
I have an s14 and multiple sets of 2k+ wheels.

I've also had my most recent chassis for over 10 years. Buy, sell, upgrade. That's the name of the game.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #71
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Based on some of the budgets you all have, buying an R/C car is a better option for you. Crying about prices when they are already cheap.

Too many people want instant gratification when it comes to car mods.

This is why Instagram created reels, and Facebook has shorts. For ya'll ADD car modders.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:46 PM   #72
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Right. It just seems like, given all these lead times ad so on, they just ended up missing the trend of our cars?
No one is missing anything.

The market for S-chassis has been shrinking since 2002. The trend is for this market to get saturated with parts and slowly die out.

That?s what you?re missing, you keep thinking it?s some revival when it?s just a bunch of old cars getting regurgitated because the pricing for mint chassis is skyrocketing.

Find me a dozen guys willing to buy decent 4 lug wheels. Then find me the next dozen. The first few are easy to find, the rest are impossible.

Everyone wanted me to get more metal Silvia fenders, but for me to produce it at a low price point of under $1000 a pair, I would have needed to find 500 buyers. Yeah, that?s pretty much a waste of my time.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:56 AM   #73
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I would have needed to find 500 buyers. Yeah, that's pretty much a waste of my time.
And everyone who's ever done some sort of group buy knows that you're lucky to get half of the buyers who actually commit.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:50 AM   #74
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
And everyone who's ever done some sort of group buy knows that you're lucky to get half of the buyers who actually commit.
Facts. Nissan could open a group buy with brand new SR20's for $2500 and I doubt you could get more than 10 people.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:51 AM   #75
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Thats a bit of a stretch but, I understand where you're coming from.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:45 AM   #76
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:

The market for S-chassis has been shrinking since 2002.
Lol what?

It's obviously shrinking nowadays but these shits peaked in like 2012.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:26 PM   #77
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Lol what?

Ugh don't remind me. Im still kicking myself for not buying a few notchtops and rb25's when they were $2,500 shipped.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:15 PM   #78
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
i dont care wth hotboi means o_O
but Im still in love with enkei rpf1 and nt03's and they're pretty affordable. Had rpf1's on my old s14 and will probably do the same on my current project 13, the poor man race wheel

also, on my last mr2 I had a set of sparco terra's that I felt really fitted the car, and at 160 a piece, you cant go wrong

Old 04-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #79
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Lol what?

I meant in terms of worldwide, available cars to modify.
Just because more parts are available doesn?t mean the market for that car has peaked or is increasing.

More owners modifying their cars is also not looking at the whole picture either.

[email protected]
Old 04-28-2022, 02:59 PM   #80
Corbic
Post Whore!

Those look great on that car with that ride height. Old School Group B Rally car material.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #81
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
I meant in terms of worldwide, available cars to modify.
Just because more parts are available doesn?t mean the market for that car has peaked or is increasing.

More owners modifying their cars is also not looking at the whole picture either.
My thinking is that things come in waves, but for sure the market for 'bolt ons' including wheels that 'bolt on' and don't require suspension/axle/hub changes - was highest when the cars were new, not when they're old and rare. And admittedly, my wheel needs are also served by the glut of used stock out there. And I bow to your expertise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Based on some of the budgets you all have, buying an R/C car is a better option for you. Crying about prices when they are already cheap.

Too many people want instant gratification when it comes to car mods.

This is why Instagram created reels, and Facebook has shorts. For ya'll ADD car modders.

I think you misread me. I've owned 240SXs for literally 20 years

I'm a middle aged guy with money to spend. I like quality parts, I only buy quality parts. But I'm conservative on what I like to do with my car and I don't like change and I don't like to overspend.
Old 04-29-2022, 03:11 AM   #82
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I?m not sure if most people were aware but the Mb Battle is being remanufactured by Motegi wheels under the MR 154 product name. These can be had for about $1k for the set in desirable specs. I?m still seeing MB Battles with asking prices in the 1000-1500 range on the used market and I have to assume most people are simply unaware that these are available new again.
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:31 AM   #83
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabefromcali View Post
I?m not sure if most people were aware but the Mb Battle is being remanufactured by Motegi wheels under the MR 154 product name. These can be had for about $1k for the set in desirable specs. I?m still seeing MB Battles with asking prices in the 1000-1500 range on the used market and I have to assume most people are simply unaware that these are available new again.
The question is are the wheels any good?

https://www.motegiracing.com/product...pa_finish=gold
Old 04-29-2022, 08:11 AM   #84
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The question is are the wheels any good?

https://www.motegiracing.com/product...pa_finish=gold
Why not spend the extra $400 for Rays 57DRs?

What made MB Battles so hot was you had a great wheel for $154/each from your local Discount Tire.

Koning Tandems are $185/ea, flow forged and likely a lighter stronger wheel.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:15 AM   #85
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

I think you misread me. I've owned 240SXs for literally 20 years

I'm a middle aged guy with money to spend. I like quality parts, I only buy quality parts. But I'm conservative on what I like to do with my car and I don't like change and I don't like to overspend.

$700 for OEM 5-lug swap is just 1-penny a day over 20 years. You can't afford 1-pennyna day to rock some hot-boi wheels instead of trash-spec?
Old 04-29-2022, 08:41 AM   #86
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
MMMM those konigs are tempting, unfortunate that they dont have 18 x 9.5 + 15, just 17s.

I appreciate you posting that. May keep me from being stupid and hittin the track in my more expensive shit
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:48 AM   #87
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Why not spend the extra $400 for Rays 57DRs
Oh I 100% agree. I was more questioning the quality of those wheels in general.

In my world, wheels are the absolutely last thing I would buy. Once I do though it will be either something by Rays or Works.

For my S14 I have it roughly
powertrain
redo suspension
interior
paint
wheels
Old 06-25-2022, 09:43 AM   #88
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got a deal on Work Zr10?s last year. 17x9 +17

truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:55 AM   #89
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

for the record, the best quality 5 lug front hubs on the market for S13 is still avaialble.

http://www.ksp-eng.co.jp/ATTAIN/special/03/377.html

People can get it under $600 shipped to them. These use OE NTN front bearings (even Nissan NTN S13 bearings are still available new) and their own machined hub.

Rear OEM hub/bearings are still available as well.

This is the best route for 5 lug, in case people forgot.

[email protected]
Old 06-27-2022, 07:14 AM   #90
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
for the record, the best quality 5 lug front hubs on the market for S13 is still avaialble.

http://www.ksp-eng.co.jp/ATTAIN/special/03/377.html

This is the best route for 5 lug, in case people forgot.
Nice never even heard of them.

How about the S14?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote