Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:01 AM   #1
EsideDuzIt

Trader Rating: (3)
EsideDuzIt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s14 Daily s14 Zenki and 350sbc s14 Projects

Hey there Zilvians,

My name is Esay(pronounced e sigh), but I mostly go by my nickname Eside. I got into the S-chassis game when I was barely
19 years old; will be turning 21 in a couple of months. I always wanted a s14 because I loved how they looked, the variety of
customization that's out there, and the drift scene behind these cars.

I bought my first s14 on June 21, 2014. I bought it for $1,500. The car was automatic and pretty much stock at the time I purchased it.

Once I arrived at my house with my 240 I brought out some rubbing compound and started to clean up the car.

My car stayed about the same for about a year and then I started to modify it. The first thing I did
was my 5 speed swap and a head rebuild due to a blown head gasket. Car was non op for several
months because lack of funds.

After my swap was done I started saving money so I could start upgrading it. Once I had enough money
I started searching for parts on craigslist and I found a sweet deal on another s14 that I couldn't pass up
on. The reason I got the other s14 was because it had coilovers, 5 lug, and a healthy low mile rebuilt KA
for only $1,000. I messaged the seller asap and we agreed to meet up that night. On August 14, 2015 I was the owner of a second 240sx

First thing I did was swap over all the goodies from the white s14 to the black one and vice versa.

I slapped on the 5 lug swap, the Nismo R-Tune Coilovers, and a set of g35 wheels I bought on craigslist. After that I swapped over the healthier KA
and installed a Rocket Bunny wing I had stored.

Loved how it came out, but it could look way better with a decent kit.
I eventually started fixing up the other s14 and officially made it my project car. First thing I had to buy were some rear overfenders.
I was in the market for some Origin Lab Type II overs, but I bought some Chargespeed overs

Thank god I bought the Chargespeed overs because it needed them badly on both sides lol

Before I bought the overfenders I had bought a 350 sbc. Reason I went with this powerplant was because I had always grown up around v8's
and it just felt right to do it. Some of you guys aren't going to like it, but I'm building it for me to enjoy and that's all that matters. Total I
have spent on the engine and parts for it are at around $200 so far lol

Test Fitting

After seeing how it was going to sit it was time to get started on the engine mounts and banging up the firewall. Once I had that all done
I worked on the oil pan and making the engine look pretty. I will be running a 3 speed manual transmission with this set up.

Off topic: If you guys are wondering on what type of vehicles those are in the pics, one is a 70 C10 with a 350(my dad's) and the other is a 68 Firebird with a 454(mine).

Ok back on topic. Engine is pretty much done. Just need to get a driveshaft built, headers, and exhaust.

Interior of the car is getting gutted at the moment.

I will be running a 25gal fuel cell

Ordered a pair of Corbeau FX1 Pro and they recently arrived. Love how they look and feel. Best bang for my buck!

So far that is where I'm at with these cars. I have a variety of other parts such as 30mm 300zx brakes, aluminum subframe bushings,
and light accessories that are stored in my room right now. Ordered a Rocket Bunny s14 diffuser and that should be arriving in a couple of months.

I will be buying my seat brackets, wheels, body kit, coils, auto power roll bar, harness, etc. in these upcoming months.
Car should be finished and painted by August if everything goes smooth. After I'm done with this s14 I will start to fix
up my daily s14. Either put a LS1 or a 1JZ. Not sure at the moment lol

I will try to update this build thread as much as I can. If you would like to keep up with my builds feel free to follow me on Instagram @eside_duz_it

Instagram is where I mostly put up all my progress.
EsideDuzIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links