Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #361
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
YJA IS YOUR FRIEND

Got a coolbox on the way (seen in OP 1st post)

MINE
ki_JDM_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #362
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Accidentally put a can of pepsi in my glovebox yesterday and it exploded from the heat.

Then I see this thread just now and get my first glimpse at the cool box.

If only I had known........
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #363
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risu2112 View Post
Accidentally put a can of pepsi in my glovebox yesterday and it exploded from the heat.

If only I had known........
you should get a sunshade
Old 08-30-2008, 05:12 AM   #364
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordn View Post
Pretty much most Euro S-Bodys have diff coolers and pretty much none of them ever seem to have been used. I think you have to go pretty spastic to get them to switch on.
where all of europe got diff coolers, the usdm s14s had emissions stuff there. behind the rear right wheel.
i've heard the p/s cooler trick with em. i'd be pretty interested in that.
diff coolers honestly don't matter unless it's a race car. half of us are poor with welded diffs anyway.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #365
Jordn
Zilvia Junkie

Jordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfection
You can't even get the diff cooler to kick in when drifting with a stock VLSD. It is officially 100% pointless.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #366
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_JDM_ds View Post
OEM S13 Turbo Timer

Actually its made by Data System, still rare nonetheless though.

Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #367
Row
BANNED

Trader Rating: (27)
Row is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

That must be really rare.

Heres this S15 steering wheel emblem I came arcoss.

Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #368
Indolent
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Indolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Indolent

I don't know how rare this is, but I've never seen this before, I just got another S14 and noticed a stock/factory amp under the rear speakers (took it off/doesn't work) and panels with a speaker/tweeter cover as you can see, sorry for the dark pic
Indolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #369
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
pretty sure almost all s14s came with the tweeters. not sure. atleast all the ones i've seen have. but the amp thing sounds legit.
HunsakerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #370
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post

Does it look like this? Came in my car never seen them before, but apparently not so rare.....
not sure if it's been mentioned but I think the S chassis wheel chalks are painted steel, Z32's came with aluminum wheels chalks and aluminum scissor jack that were both bare aluminum and not painted. Not sure if there was a weight savings either, none the less, random info.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #371
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeshemp44 View Post
not sure if it's been mentioned but I think the S chassis wheel chalks are painted steel, Z32's came with aluminum wheels chalks and aluminum scissor jack that were both bare aluminum and not painted. Not sure if there was a weight savings either, none the less, random info.

Chalk:

Chock:
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #372
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risu2112 View Post

..If only I had known........
this happened to me before. left a pepsi can in my rear seat while i went to 6flags. came back out and everything was covered ha.
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #373
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indolent View Post
I don't know how rare this is, but I've never seen this before, I just got another S14 and noticed a stock/factory amp under the rear speakers (took it off/doesn't work) and panels with a speaker/tweeter cover as you can see, sorry for the dark pic
Any S14 that came from the factory with a CD player had a rear amp and A-pillar tweeters... it was all part of the "premium audio package" the speakers in the front doors are a little nicer too.

I have an S14 SE and I had an S14 base model... both of them had the amp and tweeters. AFAIK all SE models had them and any Base model that had the optional audio upgrade got them too..

The amp and speakers are almost always blown in these cars because people who install aftermarket stereos incorrectly end up sending an amplified signal to the factory amp which makes both the amp and the speakers VERY unhappy...

I've never seen one of these cars without at least 1 blown speaker.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #374
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Chalk:

Chock:

Websters:

Reading it cover to cover right now so I won't walk into that one again.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #375
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
Any S14 that came from the factory with a CD player had a rear amp and A-pillar tweeters... it was all part of the "premium audio package" the speakers in the front doors are a little nicer too.

I have an S14 SE and I had an S14 base model... both of them had the amp and tweeters. AFAIK all SE models had them and any Base model that had the optional audio upgrade got them too..

The amp and speakers are almost always blown in these cars because people who install aftermarket stereos incorrectly end up sending an amplified signal to the factory amp which makes both the amp and the speakers VERY unhappy...

I've never seen one of these cars without at least 1 blown speaker.
I believe only S14 Zenki SE came with the tweeters and the factory amps. I have never seen a S14 Kouki, SE or Non-se, with factory tweeters and amps....
Teknolust72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #376
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknolust72 View Post
I believe only S14 Zenki SE came with the tweeters and the factory amps. I have never seen a S14 Kouki, SE or Non-se, with factory tweeters and amps....
Checking the factory service manual you're right that none of the S14 kouki's came with the amp... however some did come with a-pillar tweeters.

the difference being that the tweeters weren't tied to the CD player option. so most likely most people simply didn't opt for the extra speakers on the kouki.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:37 AM   #377
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I have a friend who had a super base s14 kouki that had manual mirrors, no trunk release next to the seat (all it did was pop the fuel door), no cruise, and no tweeters in the a pillars.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #378
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
I have herd that the roll back sun roof in my coupe is rare but not sure never seen another one like it. Its not a pop up one it rolls back. But this is an awesome thread
Old 08-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #379
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
I have herd that the roll back sun roof in my coupe is rare but not sure never seen another one like it. Its not a pop up one it rolls back. But this is an awesome thread
Roll back as in you roll it yourself, or power and it opens all the way up? Because coupes were the only ones to have a sliding sun roof. The HB's just had the pop up one.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 PM   #380
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
any idea what this is?

VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #381
HunsakerS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
HunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond reputeHunsakerS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAs13 View Post
any idea what this is?

perhaps some sort oil change sticker. I saw 5w-30 in there along with things like 10,000k an d such. not sure though

Last edited by HunsakerS14; 08-31-2008 at 04:43 PM..
HunsakerS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #382
DC S14

DC S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DC S14
well i didnt read thru all the pages of this thread so dunno if anyone has said this one but when i bought my car (1991 S13 SE Fastback) it was completly stock. some old lady owned it and it had a car phone in it. it was mounted on the passenger side next to the center console. i dont have pictures of it nor have the phone anymore i lost it somewhere in my garage. anyone got a picture of this?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #383
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^ my friend also has some sort of phone jack coming from the passenger seat area
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #384
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is it a factory phone?I want a nissan phone!
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #385
DC S14

DC S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DC S14
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
is it a factory phone?I want a nissan phone!
yeah it was a factory phone. it said Nissan on it.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #386
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Anyone know the compatibility of the S14 and S13 huds?

If I bought an S14 HUD cluster would I be able to plug in the S13 HUD unit?

I suspect you'd have better luck fitting a LHD S13 unit than an S14 RHD unit to a USDM car... just not sure if hud units are interchangeable...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #387
Lith
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Lith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enoughLith will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Lith Send a message via AIM to Lith Send a message via MSN to Lith Send a message via Yahoo to Lith
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
Anyone know the compatibility of the S14 and S13 huds?

If I bought an S14 HUD cluster would I be able to plug in the S13 HUD unit?

I suspect you'd have better luck fitting a LHD S13 unit than an S14 RHD unit to a USDM car... just not sure if hud units are interchangeable...
I don't think they are. As far as I remember, the HUD display plugs in the back of the gauge cluster. Although you could try it out and tell us if it works
Lith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #388
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

yeah I'm pretty sure on both versions it plugs into the back of the cluster...

I guess the real question is if that plug on the back of the cluster is the same and if the HUD part works the same way.

if anyone has a link to a FSM with S14 HUD info I could probably figure it out.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #389
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Thanks for clarifing... it that your unit?
ki_JDM_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #390
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i dont think that is all that rare just part of the premium sound package i believe
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote