Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #1831
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah Hard to beat Jesse Streeter.

For those not in the know.

The above 10% on 5000 yen works out to about $40.00 with $4.00 in fees.

I ordered some rims from Jesse totaled about 50K Yen or about $400 American. Jesses fees were $28.00.

The whole order looked like this.
Rims 50,000 Yen
Tire Removal Fee 4,000 Yen
Bank Fee from YAJ 500 Yen
Shipping form seller to Jesse 3500 Yen
Jesses Comission Fee 3500 Yen
Shipping to US 35,000 Yen

Total Due 96,500 Yen or about $772.00 American
Then since I pay with paypal there is also a 4% Fee for that. All said and done the rims cost me $400 in Auction and about another $400 in fees and shipping to get them home.

On smaller low cost items his commission is always 1000 Yen or about 8 Bucks!!!
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #1832
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhubeny180sx View Post
Gets a little rough if you are in Canada so you gotta risk it (within reason). Got an item from buyee few days ago (who don't mark items as lower value) the item alone was 23k yen. Ended up paying $56 at the post office for customs.

Ouch yeah in the states EMS and slow boat deliver to the door. Message.....
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #1833
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
For what it's worth (to any and all wondering) I bught a Works9 exhaust and a set of Volks and paid $0 fees.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #1834
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I feel like this crowd would best be able to assist me. What kind of seats should i be looking for on the auctions that would be low enough on Bride FG rails to COMFORTABLY fit someone who is 6'3" and 210 lbs (~35-36 inch waist) with a helmet and roll cage. My current seats are the Sonic Motor VS3 (Vios III rep i believe) and i fit comfortably in those.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #1835
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Who does container services now a days? I am looking to ship an aero kit from Japan, and am trying to find a viable option. I heard GTR Garage does not do this any more.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #1836
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
I feel like this crowd would best be able to assist me. What kind of seats should i be looking for on the auctions that would be low enough on Bride FG rails to COMFORTABLY fit someone who is 6'3" and 210 lbs (~35-36 inch waist) with a helmet and roll cage. My current seats are the Sonic Motor VS3 (Vios III rep i believe) and i fit comfortably in those.
You are not going to fit in anything good from Japan. I'm 6'2 and 205 and cant fit in my zeta III or thrash seat. Ive been looking at Sparco seats.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #1837
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^ most bride stuff is gonna be like 32 waist max to be comfortable

my zeta I is pretty comfortable, maybe a bit tight and I'm a 32 (150lbs)

i had a zeal seat that was extremely tight. like painful to sit in at 32 lol.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #1838
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
i had a zeal seat that was extremely tight. like painful to sit in at 32 lol.

Back when I was in Japan I must have sat in a Zeal. I was 32 waist max and I felt like I was being crushed.

What are some legit seats that are side mount that would fit a bigger person? Sparco? Recaro?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #1839
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Corbeau Big boys
My friend is like 6'2" and a big boy he cut the trans hump mounted the seat to the floor and he had tons of room.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #1840
Mister.E
Post Whore!

HAHA, I don't think I need to go to that extreme. I just want something comfortable that will bolt up to the FG rails and will have clearance for my head. I had a Sparco Sprint V once but those fucking weird straps they have running up and down the back felt annoying as shit. I prefer a nice FRP shell with padding.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #1841
JDM-Link

Trader Rating: (0)
JDM-Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Who does container services now a days? I am looking to ship an aero kit from Japan, and am trying to find a viable option. I heard GTR Garage does not do this any more.
I ship pallets, LCL, and containers out of Japan.

Let me know what you need
http://jdm-link.com/contact/
JDM-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #1842
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The Corbeau FX1's are great. I'm 5'8" 235lbs 38 waist and they're extremely comfortable. Also with my Nagisa rails, the seat is touching the floor with no modification to the trans tunnel.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #1843
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The Corbeau FX1's are great. I'm 5'8" 235lbs 38 waist and they're extremely comfortable. Also with my Nagisa rails, the seat is touching the floor with no modification to the trans tunnel.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I may have just found a lead on some Evo 2's as well. They seem to have very similar specs to my current sonic motor seats.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #1844
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
got a buddy looking for a set of s14 ganadors, if anybody runs across a set.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #1845
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
If my memory serves me well, I believe this is a discontinued Uras spoiler. I had an old catalog & think this was one of the many exterior accessories they used to make.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #1846
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
had to claim insurance again, on 300,000 yen. According to calculator it will only be 60 bucks in customs fee. But what is weird is that last time I don't remember actually paying the fee. They just delivered it to the door. I'll pay closer attention this time.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #1847
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Stiveno is on a distinguished road
how exactly would you even pay a customs fee. ive ordered tons of shit and haven't paid anything.
Stiveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #1848
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiveno View Post
how exactly would you even pay a customs fee. ive ordered tons of shit and haven't paid anything.
me either, I've only had to claim insurance on 2 items IIRC. I think Jesse does it to cover his and your ass. On expensive items, it will cover the full value(or whatever value you specify) if the package is damaged. If you choose to claim very little(to save on the fee) and your package gets trashed, you're basically screwed. Since I buy high end and rare things, I just do the full value. Whatever you claim, will effect the fee. No use in paying top dollar for things that take months to make/receive and then skimp out on 50-100 bucks.

My exhaust was a little over 5k all said and done. I think shipping was almost a grand. By far the biggest box I have ever seen. Bigger than the damn couch. I still haven't quite figured out why it is applied sometimes. But I've noticed, its only on items of significant value. Or maybe on items with larger than average boxes. That is the the only time Jesse ever asks me.

I've never had to claim it on wheels. But then again, wheels aren't really abnormal in size, but they are expensive. So I don't know. I can't remember if I had to claim on seats or not. Which seats are kind of the opposite of wheels, not as expensive but awkward boxes. But then again, my seats were over 1k a piece. That was so long ago I can't remember if I had to claim or not.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #1849
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Everything I buy costs 3 times to ship than the cost of the item so I guess that explains it lol. I just DHL everything because container is barely cheaper so maybe that has something to do with it also.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #1850
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

I always claim value for what I paid for the item at auction plus the fees, not for its actual value which is generally higher especially here in the states.

EMS goes to the door.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #1851
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who can I get a quote from to ship a shift knob? I've never ordered anything from YAJ so this is foreign to me
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #1852
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Everything I buy costs 3 times to ship than the cost of the item so I guess that explains it lol. I just DHL everything because container is barely cheaper so maybe that has something to do with it also.
you need to find a better way to ship lol. That's super high.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #1853
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv_zenki View Post
Who can I get a quote from to ship a shift knob? I've never ordered anything from YAJ so this is foreign to me
Probably around $15 bucks or so from japan to the US via EMS. Also you will have to pay shipping from the YAJ seller to whoever you use
Old 10-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #1854
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by all show no go View Post
If my memory serves me well, I believe this is a discontinued Uras spoiler.
That'd be a nice find
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #1855
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Meh, whenever I purchase stuff I always figure that I'll be paying taxes on the total that the items are worth. If I pay less or nothing, then it's a bonus.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #1856
Stiveno
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
you need to find a better way to ship lol. That's super high.
Well im spending next to nothing for the item so im happy to spend a bit on shipping since its still worth double what im paying when its in the states. also 3x is a bit of a high estimate, but like I said im just buying stuff for next to nothing so 3x isnt much.

im also accounting for bank fees and streeter fees if that makes sense
Old 10-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #1857
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
How long do these packages usually stay in US customs?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #1858
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Well im spending next to nothing for the item so im happy to spend a bit on shipping since its still worth double what im paying when its in the states. also 3x is a bit of a high estimate, but like I said im just buying stuff for next to nothing so 3x isnt much.

im also accounting for bank fees and streeter fees if that makes sense
Yea, I had in my original post you must be buying small items, but I deleted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
How long do these packages usually stay in US customs?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
like a day. Mine are always in Chicago. Soon as its in Chicago, its pretty much here the next day lol. I'm only 5 hours from Chicago though.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #1859
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
like a day. Mine are always in Chicago. Soon as its in Chicago, its pretty much here the next day lol. I'm only 5 hours from Chicago though.

Cool my stuff landed in LA last night so maybe it'll be here tomorrow
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #1860
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Items do move fast. DHL is on top of their game. My rims went through Chicago and I'm in Texas. I was told by Jesse that my rims had shipped late on a sunday night (Their Monday Morning) say around midnight our time. That same week just a few days later I was holding them in my hands with Tuesdays lunch!!!!