Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #691
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Also, not to add insult to injury, since it is already ridiculous that Barnes got called for a foul when it was obvious Kobe fell on his own because of a torn achilles, but did kobe really blame barnes for kicking his foot?! C'mon man..
No he didn't. He asked him if he had kicked him because that's what popping an achilles feels like. When he said no, Kobe knew what injury it was. Kobe said himself "i asked him hoping he'd say yes so that it wouldn't be what i already knew it was." or something to that effect. It's all in the post game interviews dude. It was a freak incident. Nobody got blamed. C'mon man, don't twist his words.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #692
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Also, not to add insult to injury, since it is already ridiculous that Barnes got called for a foul when it was obvious Kobe fell on his own because of a torn Achilles.
This.

It why people are questioning the ref in this game. I understand there superstar calls but dude collapse from an injury you give him a foul C'MON MAN. The integrity of the game is out the window.

Actually the term superstar foul shouldn't exist
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #693
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
No he didn't. He asked him if he had kicked him because that's what popping an achilles feels like. When he said no, Kobe knew what injury it was. Kobe said himself "i asked him hoping he'd say yes so that it wouldn't be what i already knew it was." or something to that effect. It's all in the post game interviews dude. It was a freak incident. Nobody got blamed. C'mon man, don't twist his words.
I think I was watching a different interview or maybe you watched an extended one because I didn't hear all that, but I did rewatch it again with the volume turned up.

This was the interview I was referring to:
Y! SPORTS

At 0.08, it sounded like a reporter asked:
"What did it feel like Kobe, was it a pop?"

Kobe:
"Yea, it felt like I got kicked"

I couldn't really hear the reporter when I first watched it. All I heard was "Yea, it felt like I got kicked" and I never had an achilles torn so I don't know how that feels like, but you're right, it didn't seem like he was blaming Barnes for kicking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
This.

It why people are questioning the ref in this game. I understand there superstar calls but dude collapse from an injury you give him a foul C'MON MAN. The integrity of the game is out the window.

I agree that it shouldn't exist, but unfortunately it does exist.

Rookies who have no reputation in the league or players with a trouble maker reputation (DeMarcus Cousins, Rasheed Wallace, etc) will never get the benefit of the call even if they are right over superstars.

It sucks that the refs automatic favor superstars without any regard to making the fair/right call

I think this is setting up a continuous cycle and a bad example for rookies that instead of playing the game, you have to cry and complain a lot like the superstars (kobe, wade, lbj, dwight, etc.) to build your reputation early on in your career and get the refs to be on your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 04-14-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #694
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
This is what having Mike D'antoni as your Coach does to your franchise. Can someone remind why Jeanie Buss isn't running the Lakers instead of that fuck up of a Douche bag Jim Buss? Seriously sad to hear this about Kobe. Jim buss has all but sealed the Lakers fate for the next 10 years because of his lack of IQ.... This is a sad day....
it's not pringle's fault at all... phil jackson is the only person who can coach kobe. he's just not a coach-able player. 5 time champion with the drive to getting into the playoffs, there's no way kobe is going to sit on the sideline and just watch. if anything, it's kobe stubbornness that led to this injury. sometime it doesn't workout in the end, and injury happens.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #695
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
This.

Slow your horses, you speak as if the game has EVER had any integrity. I remember MJ getting calls for players breathing on him. Hell the famous "Shot heard around the world" MJ clearly pushed off to give himself space to get the shot off and the refs gave him a no call because he was MJ. The NBA is and has always been a star driven league. To act as if this just started is a bit short sighted. It sucks that Barnes got hit with a foul but things like this happen all the time. It's the nature of the game.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #696
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
it's not pringle's fault at all... phil jackson is the only person who can coach kobe. he's just not a coach-able player. 5 time champion with the drive to getting into the playoffs, there's no way kobe is going to sit on the sideline and just watch. if anything, it's kobe stubbornness that led to this injury. sometime it doesn't workout in the end, and injury happens.
If Phil Jackson is coaching this roster the Lakers are a 4th seed at worst. So I still blame D'antoni for putting them in a situation that calls for Kobe to play 41+mins per night and putting extra stress on his body. Jeanie Buss would have made sure Phil was on that sideline.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #697
LB 180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
LB 180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #698
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
If Phil Jackson is coaching this roster the Lakers are a 4th seed at worst. So I still blame D'antoni for putting them in a situation that calls for Kobe to play 41+mins per night and putting extra stress on his body. Jeanie Buss would have made sure Phil was on that sideline.
THIS.

Jim Buss is an idiot and his arrogance/pride has cost this team dearly.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #699
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Mike D'Antoni: Minutes didn't cause Kobe Bryant injury

I think it is D'Antoni's fault too despite him denying otherwise. If he didn't put the Lakers in the position they are now, he could be resting his aging stars like the Spurs, Heat, or Boston has been instead of playing Kobe 48 mins every night struggling to get the last spot.

And yes, ultimately it is Jim Buss' fault for hiring D'Antoni in the first place.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #700
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Breaking down of some of D'Antoni's quotes:

Quote:
"That's the risk that we're running with Kobe," Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "His legs, we're playing a little bit with fire and we wouldn't like to. But we're putting ourselves in a position where we have to."
He says "WE" put ourselves in this position and the players deserve some of the blame too, but it's ultimately the coach who has to manage the team.

Quote:
"Obviously, if that doesn't work, then I should have done something else. Right now, I don't know. I sit him down and we lose; that's not going to work either.
It sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing as the coach and the way he said that makes it sound like he's relying on Kobe to bail him out while he's not doing shit.

Quote:
"Kobe's our best bet going forward to win games, and he says he's going to retire after a year, so we'll get our money's worth for two years."
Makes himself sound like an ass again. Pretty much justifying that he has to get the most usage out of Kobe without any regard to his health.

Quote:

Last edited by FRpilot; 04-16-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #701
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What one must consider, which I am pretty sure Phil Jackson himself has said in the last couple of weeks, is that Kobe Bryant WAS. FUCKING. NOT going to let D’Antoni sit him if that would mean that they lost games that he could help them win and missed the playoffs. “Bitch, I’m Kobe Bryant and you’re Mike D’Antoni, I am worth more to the organization than you are right now!” It is worth mention – for those who claim Kobe is a ballhog – that he accounts for only 25% of the Lakers possessions this season, but 26% of their points. Note, this means that he scores at a more efficient rate than anyone else.
Personally, Dwight Howard should be embarrassed at that fact, given his physical gifts, but that is another story for another time. The responsibility is shared between D’Antoni and Kobe but is more due to Jimmy Buss for personnel movements than any one of those members alone.
With what the Lakers had on hand, Kobe was THE option if they were going to get into the playoffs and with a win or a Jazz loss tomorrow, he will have done it. Sadly, he will not be able to leave his house to witness the slaughter.

And I write too!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #702
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I was also going to mention that another of D'Antoni's faults is that Kobe, knowing him, probably forced D'Antoni to play him and refused to sit out, but as the coach you can't have a player dictating how you make your substitutions. That's like being a parent and having a child dictate what he wants.

But then I thought about it and it's not something D'Antoni really had a control of. You can't really force a player to come into or leave a game. (ie. Scottie Pippen in the playoffs.) Fines (I doubt Kobe would care) and suspensions (I doubt the Lakers would even dare) only go so far. Plus, Lakers fans would probably want D'Antoni's head if the Lakers lost games and Kobe was benched.

I'd like to see how the team would do with the ball in Nash's hands and him really running the point. I picture sweet pick and rolls with Gasol and endless lobs to Dwight for easy buckets, but who knows.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #703
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
What one must consider, which I am pretty sure Phil Jackson himself has said in the last couple of weeks, is that Kobe Bryant WAS. FUCKING. NOT going to let D’Antoni sit him if that would mean that they lost games that he could help them win and missed the playoffs. “Bitch, I’m Kobe Bryant and you’re Mike D’Antoni, I am worth more to the organization than you are right now!” It is worth mention – for those who claim Kobe is a ballhog – that he accounts for only 25% of the Lakers possessions this season, but 26% of their points. Note, this means that he scores at a more efficient rate than anyone else.
Personally, Dwight Howard should be embarrassed at that fact, given his physical gifts, but that is another story for another time. The responsibility is shared between D’Antoni and Kobe but is more due to Jimmy Buss for personnel movements than any one of those members alone.
With what the Lakers had on hand, Kobe was THE option if they were going to get into the playoffs and with a win or a Jazz loss tomorrow, he will have done it. Sadly, he will not be able to leave his house to witness the slaughter.

This.

Quote:
I was also going to mention that another of D'Antoni's faults is that Kobe, knowing him, probably forced D'Antoni to play him and refused to sit out, but as the coach you can't have a player dictating how you make your substitutions. That's like being a parent and having a child dictate what he wants.
I seem to recall Kobe being upset with Potato Head when he benched him one time, and everyone jumped on the coach. The championship players with his acomplishments are not going to get benched by a coach with no rings.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #704
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Right on point as always good sir. I will add that the only reason I don't place alot of blame on Dwight is because he claims to still not be 100% after his back surgery. But given the game he had vs Orlando, how hurt could he really be?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #705
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Interesting signings by the Spurs today adding Tracy McGrady and Quentin Richardson.

I would think they'd want to bolster their frontcourt to compete with the big men in the West (Clippers, Lakers, Memphis, Oklahoma) instead of adding swingmen, but I'm sure they have a reason. Who am I to question the Spurs organization?

I can't help but wonder, does this mean that the Spurs will be knocked out in the first round? They even got the TMac "one round and out" curse working for them now.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #706
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Interesting signings by the Spurs today adding Tracy McGrady and Quentin Richardson.

I would think they'd want to bolster their frontcourt to compete with the big men in the West (Clippers, Lakers, Memphis, Oklahoma) instead of adding swingmen, but I'm sure they have a reason. Who am I to question the Spurs organization?

I can't help but wonder, does this mean that the Spurs will be knocked out in the first round? They even got the TMac "one round and out" curse working for them now.
I can't really say that either of those 2 will help them at all. It's the start of the Playoffs and I highly doubt that either of them are in shape enough to play more than 5mins per game. Plus they could be huge defensive liabilities because of their lack of conditioning. This feels like more of a fill out the last 2 spots on the roster move. I don't expect them to play much at all.

My question is.... Where are all the Memphis fans at? I really like that team. I'm going to pick them as my wildcard team for the 3rd year in a row. Heat vs Grizz in the finals anyone?...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #707
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:

Q Rich signed with the Knicks actually. Why, I don't know. But ehhhh as long as he's better than that guy Solomon Jones (who?)

xquizitditz
Old 04-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #708
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Q Rich signed with the Knicks actually. Why, I don't know. But ehhhh as long as he's better than that guy Solomon Jones (who?)
You're right. I read some early article that said both guys got signed by Spurs.

Still TMac's chucking is better than SJax's chucking and the only logical reason I can think of for the Knicks signing Quentin Richardson is to use him to piss off Paul Pierce.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #709
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My main man Rasheed Wallace retired again. I really enjoyed watching him play early in the season. His smack talk and 3 point shooting will be missed. Ball dont lie!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #710
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
7th seed. Not bad. Ill take it.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #711
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Super Exited Lakers vs. Spurs
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #712
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Can't wait, now the real season begins
Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #713
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Since the regular season is done here are my predictions for the playoffs:

First Round:
West:

OKC v. HOU- OKC in 5
SAS v. LAL - SAS in 7
LAC v. MEM - MEM in 6
DEN v. GSW - DEN in 5

East:

MIA v. MIL - MIA in 4
BKN v. CHI - CHI in 6
IND v. ATL - IND in 6
NYK v. BOS - NYK in 5

Conf. Semis:
West:

OKC v. MEM - OKC in 7
DEN v. SAS - DEN in 6

East:

MIA v. CHI - MIA in 5
IND v. NYK - NYK in 7

Conf. Finals:
West:

OKC v. DEN - DEN in 7

East:
MIA v. NYK - MIA in 7

Finals:

DEN - MIA - MIA in 6

Yes I do believe that the Nuggets can make it to the finals with a little bit of luck on their side. Also, as much as I hate to say this I do not think anyone can really beat the Heat.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #714
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
My main man Rasheed Wallace retired again. I really enjoyed watching him play early in the season. His smack talk and 3 point shooting will be missed. Ball dont lie!
Gallery: The Many Crazy Sides of Rasheed Wallace | Complex

And I write too!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #715
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Yes I do believe that the Nuggets can make it to the finals with a little bit of luck on their side. Also, as much as I hate to say this I do not think anyone can really beat the Heat.
I don't know about that. Even though the Nuggets essentially have two starting teams, I think they lost an important piece when Gallinari went out for the season.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #716
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Lakers in 7th spot
now at least first round won't be a sweep, woot!

maybe
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #717
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Lakers in 7th spot
now at least first round won't be a sweep, woot!

maybe
In all fairness, this version of the Lakers did beat that version of the Spurs last Sunday... I don't think it will be a sweep

And I write too!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #718
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
As long as Blake and Gasol keep their offensive momentum going and the entire team carries out the same defense that has won their last 3 games, I can even see the Lakers taking the series. It'll take 7 games.

And I forgot who said they were a Grizz fan here, but I'm also a random Memphis fan after their underdog performances these past couple seasons.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #719
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
As long as Blake and Gasol keep their offensive momentum going and the entire team carries out the same defense that has won their last 3 games, I can even see the Lakers taking the series. It'll take 7 games.
Isn't Nash coming back to run the point, because if not, Tony Parker will destroy Steve Blake. Don't get me wrong, Tony Parker will also destroy Steve Nash, but at least Nash brings a better running offense and a more efficient/better shooter.

I think the Lakers Spurs series will go to 7 games with the Spurs coming out on top. If Warriors or Lakers had gotten OKC, it would likely be a sweep. Houston might get a game for dramatic effect.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #720
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I doubt Nash will play heavy minutes yet, at least not in the first few games, so we'll see a lot of Blake in this series. It's tough to either choose a non-100% Nash with defensive liabilities or a 100% Blake.

Quote:
Isn't Nash coming back to run the point, because if not, Tony Parker will destroy Steve Blake. Don't get me wrong, Tony Parker will also destroy Steve Nash, but at least Nash brings a better running offense and a more efficient/better shooter.

I think the Lakers Spurs series will go to 7 games with the Spurs coming out on top. If Warriors or Lakers had gotten OKC, it would likely be a sweep. Houston might get a game for dramatic effect.