Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I'm more impressed that this thread has evolved into something completely different and arguably even more toxic. Well done.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
You could have asked me. I have three pairs that came with my Euro-spec S14a.

Still have a full kit left, too.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
You could have asked me. I have three pairs that came with my Euro-spec S14a.

Still have a full kit left, too.
well shit, that was a bad example lmao

I haven't seen anyone else offer the items on his spreadsheet from Nissan is what I meant.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I don't think telling someone they are comparing themselves to shitbags when they are not a shitbag is toxic. I think it's wholesome Zilvia content.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
We're complimenting someone in the most toxic way possible #zilvia
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:15 PM   #6
schassis240

Trader Rating: (0)
schassis240 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you want a banner for your man cave or something?
schassis240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #7
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by schassis240 View Post
you want a banner for your man cave or something?
This is a worthwhile addition to the thread and I have made sure to enshrine it as such.

It's interesting to see pricing of vintage performance parts or NOS factory option parts for Nissans reaching and sometimes exceeding the price of comparable air-cooled Porsche parts, while the cars remain significantly less valuable.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:40 AM   #8
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe it's because I don't spend enough time on the right parts of 'modern' social media sites, I'm honestly just confused where a lot of that stuff ends up going. Same with the super clean stock cars that get bid to the moon.

I'll grant that I don't have a social media presence myself and there are probably a lot of guys like me that are interested in restorations and preservation and unique old parts that aren't out there showing off their cars all the time. And they apparently have more money than me.

But there's this bizarre dichotomy between the 240SX community I actually see online - the kids on reddit and facebook groups with drift missiles full of knockoff and chinese parts, the zilvia crowd who just fabricates everything new rather than buying old outdated JDM parts - and the seemingly bottomless market for $1000 NISMO OLD LOGO swag and $20,000 pristine preserved cars on BAT.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:12 AM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Maybe it's because I don't spend enough time on the right parts of 'modern' social media sites, I'm honestly just confused where a lot of that stuff ends up going. Same with the super clean stock cars that get bid to the moon.
i honestly dont think theres much that will sort out said confusion. to us older dudes, the modern 240sx world is a very strange place

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:09 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

There is not a single 'old logo NISMO' piece to me that is worth what it was when it was new - if it is still new. There is no allure to paying astronomical prices for something 'old.' Maybe a piece for the man cave but I'm not paying SUPREME-Jordan-Pokemon-retro whatever pricing for it. Pass.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #11
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
See I used to be the prime market for that stuff but I've been priced out of it. I've got plenty of new/NOS parts on my car that I bought at new prices but I'm buying this stuff to use it not put it on a shelf like a Beanie Baby. Can't imagine buying a $2k steering wheel (that cost 40000 yen in 1995) and being afraid to get my skin oils on the leather.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:13 AM   #12
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
See I used to be the prime market for that stuff but I've been priced out of it. I've got plenty of new/NOS parts on my car that I bought at new prices but I'm buying this stuff to use it not put it on a shelf like a Beanie Baby. Can't imagine buying a $2k steering wheel (that cost 40000 yen in 1995) and being afraid to get my skin oils on the leather.
You also have to understand the only reason someone buys that shit is because of the cool nostalgia factor - not because it's the best product for the application on the market. We've come a long way and have advanced quite a bit with technology - 40 year old parts just ain't it. Cool, but not cool enough for me to dump a paycheck on something stupid to hang from a zip-tie in my garage as a conversational piece.