Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #3391
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
Is it possible to adjust the shift linkage in an s14?

I posted before about going into 2nd before going into first to prevent grinding, but not always. I also have a slight scratch in 3rd. I hear the linkage can be adjusted, and then that its the synchros. Also tonight i figured if i jiggled the shifter and then popped it into 3rd, it wud go right in. Im going to try some amsoil while im ahead.
no, you can't adjust the linkage. it goes shifter to shift fork, there's nothing to adjust. if it is something with the shifter, it would most likely be the shifter bushing, otherwise, i'd still stick with the synchros.
you could always use the subaru cocktail, it's been proven to work in sr transmissions.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #3392
arnrpn

Trader Rating: (0)
arnrpn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
sometimes you get bad parts. i would check to see if you might have recieved a bad part. get it tested for free. and you have a 200sx?
yeah its a 200sx but the engine is a ca18det, it isnt totally dead however because the problem happens like 10% of the time that i try starting it, ive driven it for the past couple days without any problems... i have a hunch it is the main or starter relay, any idea where i could find it and how to fix it?
arnrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #3393
JDMgravy.
Leaky Injector

JDMgravy. is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you guys fit your roof spoilers?

I have an origin one to fit to my ps13.

Cheers
JDMgravy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #3394
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnrpn View Post
yeah its a 200sx but the engine is a ca18det, it isnt totally dead however because the problem happens like 10% of the time that i try starting it, ive driven it for the past couple days without any problems... i have a hunch it is the main or starter relay, any idea where i could find it and how to fix it?
1991-1994 240sx Starter not turning engine over tutorial : 240SX Technical Forum
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #3395
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMgravy. View Post
How do you guys fit your roof spoilers?

I have an origin one to fit to my ps13.

Cheers
3M VHB Acrylic Foam Tape. I think you have to be a "Trade/Professional" to get it in the UK. They have a clear version for the home market though. The key is to get both surfaces clean as possible. Then caulk the seams with window weld.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #3396
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
FUEL PROBLEM

so the past week, i have been noticing that my car has kinda been bogging a little between 1-2k. Now I have a super small exhaust (keep the attention away), and i know back pressure has a factor. But today, I smelled fuel inside my car....and now it's bogging between 1-3k.

Now when I got home, I hear what sounds like bubbling from inside my car. sounds like it's coming from the fuel tank. i even opened my trunk, and it def sounds like its coming from the fuel tank.

an ideas on what this may be? fuel pump going out, and now i'm not getting fuel?

fyi motor has 90k, on a 250k chassis.

so I installed my walboro on sunday.....didn't fix my problem, only made me more aware.

so it starts stuttering once the car is warm....and today I didn't smell fuel, nor did I have any sound coming from the car once it was off.

could it be possible that the backpressure is causing this problem?

anyone?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #3397
My240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (19)
My240sx is making a name for him/her selfMy240sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Battery Relocation

Hello everyone,
i am looking into relocating my battery to the trunk, but after reading all the different write ups i am still confused on where the 100 amp fuse goes. i have read it has to be close to the battery, and i have also seen that you put it near the old wiring.... any help would be great. Thanks!
My240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #3398
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by My240sx View Post
Hello everyone,
i am looking into relocating my battery to the trunk, but after reading all the different write ups i am still confused on where the 100 amp fuse goes. i have read it has to be close to the battery, and i have also seen that you put it near the old wiring.... any help would be great. Thanks!
Close to the battery. If it was in the engine bay and the relocation wire shorted out on the body down the road you would have nothing to protect it.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #3399
cole shoes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cole shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
if you're talking about this one

you're not going to find another like it. It was the hood off their is300. they modified it to fit the 13.
i remember someone posting a link to order the kit, but don't remember where... search this thread or the identify this thread.
yeah thats the one, dang hah it looks sweet. okay thank you
Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #3400
doomviillain
Zilvia Junkie

doomviillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to doomviillain
Quote:
so I installed my walboro on sunday.....didn't fix my problem, only made me more aware.

so it starts stuttering once the car is warm....and today I didn't smell fuel, nor did I have any sound coming from the car once it was off.

anyone?
it could be a possibility that air is in the fuel line, bad fpr maybe?

just my 2 cents
Your argument is invalid.
doomviillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #3401
My240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (19)
My240sx is making a name for him/her selfMy240sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Close to the battery. If it was in the engine bay and the relocation wire shorted out on the body down the road you would have nothing to protect it.
Ok, so then i cut the relocation wire and put the fuse in between and then use some connecters to connect it all back up?
My240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #3402
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ummm so whats that VVV

i removed the back seats and belts from my s14 today, and found this mystery box, i'm kind of hoping theres treasure inside.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #3403
RoXiE.S14
Zilvia Member

RoXiE.S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, I'm new to this website seeing as I just got my new car, a 1995 zenki. I had a pretty simple question: What is a nice Intake for a zenki? I've heard HKS quite a bit but I thought I should ask the experts thanks~
RoXiE.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #3404
Odysseus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Odysseus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I recently purchased a Cusco 6pt cage for my S13. I want to add a harness bar to it but am unsure of how it should be added. Ive seen the bar go straight across the main hoop and Ive also seen the bar bend back behind the main hoop 9 inches or so. What is the reason for both?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #3405
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
I recently purchased a Cusco 6pt cage for my S13. I want to add a harness bar to it but am unsure of how it should be added. Ive seen the bar go straight across the main hoop and Ive also seen the bar bend back behind the main hoop 9 inches or so. What is the reason for both?
some cages have the harness bar already on, or you can buy a weld in bar and put it there. the one you see behind the cage is a bolt in harness bar, it bolts to the upper and lower seat belt mounting points.

Last edited by c72c; 11-16-2010 at 02:56 PM..
c72c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #3406
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:

anyone?
you didn't say what engine you have, but I seriously doubt that backpressure is the issue unless you were getting complete blockage in your exhaust.

you mentioned smelling fuel, did you look for a fuel leak? could be leaking fuel at the fuel rail, dropping the fuel pressure.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #3407
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Doing a Q45 front brake upgrade- there is an electrical connector on the calipers that I assume is for ABS. My 240sx has ABS, but I dont remember there being any wiring going to my OEM front calipers. Am I mistaken? If I'm not mistaken, what do I do with the wiring on the new calipers, and how will this affect my ABS?
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #3408
DRIFTO16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
DRIFTO16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok so i have probly more then one question but to make it short i know nothing about steeringwheels and am looking to get a nice after market one, now what parts consist of getting a steering wheel i know theres a hub and perhaps more and also r there certain sizes or bolts or r hubs universal for any wheen????
noob question srry
DRIFTO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #3409
DRIFTO16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
DRIFTO16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i ment to say steering wheel at the end!
DRIFTO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #3410
CrOW
Zilvia Junkie

CrOW is an unknown quantity at this point
More info on this car please? I know someone had asked about this before, I just couldn't find it.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #3411
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is there a magnetic drain plug that works in the greddy oil pan? My PBM one is too small.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #3412
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
ummm so whats that VVV

i removed the back seats and belts from my s14 today, and found this mystery box, i'm kind of hoping theres treasure inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
It's a cover/protector for the auto trans ecu

No, That's the cover over the Airbag computer. Notice the bright yellow harness coming out of it.

TCU is located where the clutch pedal bracket should be.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #3413
youradumb1
Zilvia Junkie

youradumb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
^beet me to it
Old 11-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #3414
youradumb1
Zilvia Junkie

youradumb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the best way to run a radio antenna if the hole has been wlded over on a s13 hatch..one in the headliner or use a bmw styl shark fin?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #3415
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

No, That's the cover over the Airbag computer. .

makes sense.
is it only for the ones with driver and passenger airbags? my first one didn't have one and only had a driver airbag,
my second has both airbags, and that computer.
i forgot about the auto ecu in place of the clutch pedal.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #3416
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
you didn't say what engine you have, but I seriously doubt that backpressure is the issue unless you were getting complete blockage in your exhaust.

you mentioned smelling fuel, did you look for a fuel leak? could be leaking fuel at the fuel rail, dropping the fuel pressure.

motor is out of a auto 97 has about 100k on it now. ka24de.

I've looked for fuel, don't smell it in the engine bay...i smell it when i'm driving usually after the car is sitting for a while at a light. I googled the problem, and the throttle position sensor comes up.

motor was swapped at the beggining of this year. new plugs, new wires, new fuel filter. new pump now...new gaskets all around....

sounds like a plug is bad...(lawn mower sound)...i'm guessing its getting flooded. If i rev it at a stop, it'll stutter...car hasn't stalled yet, but i'm not looking forward when it happens. i still have to drive this bitch to work.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #3417
oilsquirt
BANNED

oilsquirt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thought i'd refer to here for my question...
How do i take off the hex big bolt, that you turn to spin the crank/ pistons etc?
When i turn left to try to unscrew it, the crank and everything just spins that way lol..
I tried holding the camshaft with a wrench and turn that right while turning the crank one to the left, and nothing happens. It's on pretty good i must say, so i'm wondering what the technique is to unscrew that bolt???????????????????
??????????????????????????????
oilsquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #3418
Deviance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Deviance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hey everyone,

I need some help with getting my tail lights to work on my 95 S14. I have been searching for the fix for a few weeks now and tried everything I have come across. The problem is that the tail lights don’t come on when I use the headlight switch for night driving. Also my turn signals don’t work with the headlight switch but the fronts work only with the hazard lights. The threads I have found have more then the tail lights not working. Everything works in the car but the tail lights and rear turn signals. Any help from you guys would be great.

Things I have replaced or checked:
New working headlight switch
Put in new 10a fuses for tail lights and turn signals.
Put in new bulbs for tail lights and brake lights (1156 and 1157) and turn signals (168).
Used electric tape on all open wires.
Checked ground t16 for tail lights.
Deviance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #3419
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
hello

what wires do you guys check for the .45 voltage when adjusting your tps on s13 sr20det?
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #3420
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
anyone have fitment issues(hitting the under body) when getting a downpipe w/flex shortened? since the flex area is wider.