Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #15391
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
I didn't tuck mine as high as yours is in the pic. Doesn't rub at all though, it's still higher up than the metal. (ignore the ghettoness, it's much cleaner now lol)

And as you can see, i'm pretty damn low. Not even close to touching the harness.
Ahhhhhh you hammered down the edges that were sticking out to sit the wiring lower! At least that's what it looks like and am planning to do that now. Thanks so much for the pictures! Definitely helped.

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #15392
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
Silly question. How do you break in a freshly built engine if it requires a tune to run. I'm assuming set the rev limiter really really low and then have it tuned; but I'm curious if even at such a low limit if it would in any way damage the motor while getting an initial tune.

I'm picking up the parts for my spare vq35 and I'm wondering if it would be easier/safer to initially break in the motor on oem intake system/ecu and then AFTER break in convert to map sensor/standalone and itbs. Or am I just over thinking as usual...
Build the way you want it to be in it's finished state, insuring you use a ton of assembly lube where needed.
Start the engine, and let it run to 2500rpm to set everything and seat the rings.
Adjust tuning either on or off dyno and run no more than 4k (On a dyno 5 pulls is broken in). Tune it, run the piss out of to see what final adjustments it needs, change the oil, drive it like ya stole it
Old 11-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #15393
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch master cylinder ?

have a brand new OEM clutch slave cyl ,and a slightly older autozone master ..
everything is bleed (no damper)
.but i am getting clutch creep "car wants to creep forward" and is a bear to get into gear.

my thoughts are that the autozone is craptastic and not OEM,and that i am getting a fluid bypass internally in the master ,due to the new slave is giving the master alot more resistance .

is this a possibility?
should i buy a OEM $100 master?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #15394
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Have you adjusted it?

You can lengthen/shorten the rod of the clutch master.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #15395
SkyS13Walker

SkyS13Walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SkyS13Walker
My gauge cluster were all working when I turned the car on and then I turn it off it clicked and no power to the cluster. The fuses in the cab are all good, but I check the fuses on the battery side and the alt fuse is broken. What to know if this happen to anyone with a ka24de swap?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Love her like ya bitch and i aint talkin about ya girl
SkyS13Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #15396
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Have you adjusted it?

You can lengthen/shorten the rod of the clutch master.
yes i have .
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #15397
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
yeaaaah,. if you dnt have any leaks or pinched lines along the way, i would assume the master has to be the culprit
Old 11-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #15398
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
have a brand new OEM clutch slave cyl ,and a slightly older autozone master ..
everything is bleed (no damper)
.but i am getting clutch creep "car wants to creep forward" and is a bear to get into gear.

my thoughts are that the autozone is craptastic and not OEM,and that i am getting a fluid bypass internally in the master ,due to the new slave is giving the master alot more resistance .

is this a possibility?
should i buy a OEM $100 master?
When it comes to the hydraulics OEM or aftermarket are the way to go. The only thing I must say though that if going aftermarket in the master cylinder, is that you must ensure you're getting FULL throw, and that means taking the stopper out, and bending stuff as they need more movement than OEM. Cheaper? Sure...but need work.

The VatoZone stuff simplydoesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post

I have a quick question of my own. I have looked all over, rimtuck etc, and have not found a good answer:
7x7.5 +42 ICW (Gram Lights G-Games clones). I know OE SE is 6.5x16 +40
How much spacer do I need front and rear to push these out to the fender lip?

I am thinking maybe 15mm rear, 10mm front or maybe 20mm rear and 15mm front. The wheels are in almost perfect shape, have new tires on them, so I want to use them until I can get the cash for what I really want. I figure a little cash for spacers won't be too bad and it will make the wheels set up right
15mm all around should fit ok, it certainly won't rub.

WIth that said don't forget studs and lugnuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuymmt View Post
i have a s13 hatch with a s14 sr

so it seems like my injector lower o-rings may be going bad

i've never taken the injectors off so i dont know how this process is to go about.

can you guys help me with a tutorial or something on how to properly remove the injectors and replace the lower o-rings?

Thankyou so much!!
How are you sure those are what have failed? Random assessment if you ask me, I'd troubleshoot a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankd View Post
Ok, I've been searching all day long so far for my answer and having no luck..

So I bought a coupe with a blown HG with intentions to repair it. When I bought it, the engine was half apart, as in exhaust manifold off, and intake manifold pretty much off aswell. ***So my problem is***

MISSING BOLTS So I need sizes and or where to get them I searched everyware please help., pretty much all intake manifold bolts or studs whatever they are. same with exhaust side of things. the studs are there i need to know the sizes of the nuts i guess, But on intake im missing everything. I checked the FSM nothing. please help its the only thing stopping me at the moment............
Dealer sells the bolts, or find someone parting out a car and get what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What flavour of assembly paste/lube is recommended for use on an SR, when installing camshafts and such?
Thank you.

Any quality lube will do. Well, for engines that is. I like the sticky lucas stuff, but have thrown stuff together with the cheapest moly lube and had no issues either. Just make sure you crnak until you get oil pressure.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #15399
gunnerbob760

Trader Rating: (1)
gunnerbob760 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
in jan.2014 can anyone import a r32 since it 25 years old. or do i have to wait longer than jan?
gunnerbob760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #15400
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbob760 View Post
in jan.2014 can anyone import a r32 since it 25 years old. or do i have to wait longer than jan?
Your location says you're in Japan though o.o

Lol. As long as it is 25 years old, down to the exact month it was manufactured I believe, you can. Check out Nostalgia Imports; maybe they can help you out:

https://www.facebook.com/NostalgiaImports

Old 11-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #15401
gunnerbob760

Trader Rating: (1)
gunnerbob760 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah i am stationed here and leave to my next duty station this dec.
i would have liked to ship one but if down to the exact month that might not work out for me. i will check out the page. thanks.
gunnerbob760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #15402
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbob760 View Post
yeah i am stationed here and leave to my next duty station this dec.
i would have liked to ship one but if down to the exact month that might not work out for me. i will check out the page. thanks.
Ahhh okay. Enjoy Japan while it lasts. I have a friend who is stationed there as well right now, until December too, I believe. Thanks for your service, and good luck!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #15403
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Ahhhhhh you hammered down the edges that were sticking out to sit the wiring lower! At least that's what it looks like and am planning to do that now. Thanks so much for the pictures! Definitely helped.
Didn't hammer anything lol, it's sitting on top of the seam. Just don't put it too high and it won't touch anything.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #15404
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
Didn't hammer anything lol, it's sitting on top of the seam. Just don't put it too high and it won't touch anything.
Wha-? I swear I tried putting it at the lowest point I could above the seam...it looks like my tube of wires is abnormally larger than your tube of wires...I'll have to take a look at it again and make the necessary adjustments. Thanks again.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #15405
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wha-? I swear I tried putting it at the lowest point I could above the seam...it looks like my tube of wires is abnormally larger than your tube of wires...I'll have to take a look at it again and make the necessary adjustments. Thanks again.
Maybe try to ziptie it in place and flatten it with a hammer.... I dunno, it's not even close to touching my fender.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #15406
Boosted92
Leaky Injector

Boosted92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody know the part number for OEM kouki side skirt clips? Some of mine are broken and I'd like to replace them all so that my skirt fits properly. I don't want to do a cheap zip-tie or double sided tape repair. I have already searched these boards and nissanparts.cc with no luck - only found a bunch of WTB threads.

Edit: Some more digging has found me the information. Courtesy Parts has the clips and grommets:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/76897ea...-p-138694.html
http://www.courtesyparts.com/76500j-...8-p-18144.html

2006 Holden Monaro - 700+whp ; 2014 Holden Commodore SSV - 400whp
Boosted92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #15407
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Your location says you're in Japan though o.o

Lol. As long as it is 25 years old, down to the exact month it was manufactured I believe, you can. Check out Nostalgia Imports; maybe they can help you out:

https://www.facebook.com/NostalgiaImports
you can also hit up UPGARAGE who goes through facebook to LSWANSGARAGEHATINONTHEMIDDLEMAN...containers ship to TX

Current legal GTR is R31, R32 is 2014, R33 is 2015(JOY! I wanna GTR, I wanna Nismo 400R!) but seriously, it's freakin cold, wet, and rainy now. I would settle for having my car back from the body shop with it's new shiny BMW high aluminum content Gunmetal Grey
Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #15408
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
how come i cant post in the "scammers" thread?

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #15409
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
thats a question for the mods, not here lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #15410
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
So i recently bought a new upper harness for my 95 manual zenki. The harness i bought is for an 97 auto kouki. I know that im going to have extra connectors, but the only one im worried about is the o2 sensor. The harness has 3 wires to a connector and my o2 sensor only has a single signal wire. Is it possible to splice directly into the signal wire on the new harness? Im goin to be using my stock zenki ecu so just buying a 3 wire o2 sensor wouldnt work.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #15411
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
So i recently bought a new upper harness for my 95 manual zenki. The harness i bought is for an 97 auto kouki. I know that im going to have extra connectors, but the only one im worried about is the o2 sensor. The harness has 3 wires to a connector and my o2 sensor only has a single signal wire. Is it possible to splice directly into the signal wire on the new harness? Im goin to be using my stock zenki ecu so just buying a 3 wire o2 sensor wouldnt work.
Did you try and plug your zenki ecu into the kouki harness? You are going to have more problems than just the heated O2.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #15412
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
what are the best rear speakers for a hatch? i searched and everyone says to go 6.5s but i dont really wanna deal with having to cut stuff out just to fit them.
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #15413
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
anyone know the measurement from driver to passenger side quarter panel in inches?

Trying to find out if my wing is wider than my car.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #15414
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
anyone know the measurement from driver to passenger side quarter panel in inches?

Trying to find out if my wing is wider than my car.
Stock S14 spoiler is 54". That help?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #15415
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I think 66" for s13.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #15416
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone got an easy way to remove an oil filter? Mine won't cone out, I tried the tool and I also tried the screw driver trick.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #15417
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender View Post
Anyone got an easy way to remove an oil filter? Mine won't cone out, I tried the tool and I also tried the screw driver trick.
Try getting the tool as close to the base (nearest block) as possible. I assume if you tried the screwdriver you ripped it all to shreads?

If push comes to shove take the 4 allen headed bolts off, and then get it in a vise and use a chisel/hammer to 'walk it off'. You may be able to do it in car too but ya never know.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #15418
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, the tool I have can't be taken to the base as it is a socket. I'll see if I can get another type of tool. I did indeed rip it mostly to shreds with the screwdriver, thanks for the advice. I think after this I'm going to invest in an oil filter relocation kit lol.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #15419
mys13andI

mys13andI is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 headlights

I have an s13 and i jsut got it, it is my dream car, but with the head lights, with the switch when i turn them off only the right side goes down, whenm i put the left down Manuely and then turn them on it comes up but doesnt go down? has anyone else had this problem or anyone know how to fix it?
mys13andI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #15420
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender View Post
Yeah, the tool I have can't be taken to the base as it is a socket. I'll see if I can get another type of tool. I did indeed rip it mostly to shreds with the screwdriver, thanks for the advice. I think after this I'm going to invest in an oil filter relocation kit lol.
Yea if you're on a stock intake manifold it's a bear to get up in there

Just remember there are two o rings behind that oil filter block where it goes into the block, they are special to that applcation, so don't drop them. If they get ruined, you can get them at your local dealer as they are the same o ring used n the VQ front covers