Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #391
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdterrible1 View Post
Any one interested in buying my bike? Its a 2008 Masi Sprint track frame. Size 58cm Spray pinted black
Shimano 105 cranks w/ 44t track chingring
KMC bmx chain
MKS pedals and toe clips
Premium Sub 9 stem
16" bmx bars
FSA sealed headset
Old School Colnago Seat
Super deep V wheel 36h
Origin 8 sealed hubs fixed/fixed
It has a 21t cog and a 17t cog also.
No name lock ring on one side Dura-ace on other side

The bike rides perfect and is smooth. Its a very fun bike to cruz around town!

Im asking 500.00 for everything, i can ship anywhere in the USA and i will cover the shipping cost!!

BUMP!! Still for sale
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #392
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
so question
i KNOW most of you guys dont do gears, but i have a 1987/88 bridgestone radac 3100. I want aerospoke wheels on it. can i keep the rear cassette? how do i get the nifty wheels you guys have without going fixie. i have WAYYYYY too many hills (live at the base of a mountain chain) so i cant go fixie and ride to and from work

and not just aerospokes, but wheels in general, are they made different for fixies vs roadies. like does the sprocket slide over where the cassette woudl mount? or is a whole hub?
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #393
325irollin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
325irollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like my bmx bike just fine
325irollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #394
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
thats great ^ lol, I was trying to do bmx tricks on my beach cruiser yesterday and bent the rear wheel.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #395
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
so question
i KNOW most of you guys dont do gears, but i have a 1987/88 bridgestone radac 3100. I want aerospoke wheels on it. can i keep the rear cassette? how do i get the nifty wheels you guys have without going fixie. i have WAYYYYY too many hills (live at the base of a mountain chain) so i cant go fixie and ride to and from work

and not just aerospokes, but wheels in general, are they made different for fixies vs roadies. like does the sprocket slide over where the cassette woudl mount? or is a whole hub?
Some/most wheels are cassette type. Even some aerospokes. A couple companies sell the adapters to convert it to a fixed hub. You just need to look around for the cassette type wheel. A few wheels you can convert back to cassette. Just watch out for the people who weld a fixed cog onto a cassette style hub.

But in general, fixed cog's screw on and are held on by a lockring. I don't know too much about cassette type hubs but I'd assume a fixed hub might be too wide.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #396
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
so question

front wheels are 100mm spacing between the fork ends.

rear wheels for road bikes are 130mm spacing(around 1990 and newer), 126mm for older road bikes and track bikes are usually 120mm, some 110mm.

aerojokes are mainly for looks or for tricks, not for any aero dynamic advantage... NO pro's use them and why spend 300-400 on 1 wheel when you can probably make a better wheel from parts that would be better in everyway.(except looks maybe)
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #397
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Because it looks better
Old 10-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #398
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I plan on getting a HED Trispoke/disk setup once I get my shoulder fixed.

I'll be hella njs.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #399
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Latfh

Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #400
Manuelitoohno
Zilvia Member

Manuelitoohno is an unknown quantity at this point
i give props to the people that love these bikes.

and im sorry that half my generation is starting to use your bikes/sport as a fad.

Manuelitoohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #401
yokotas13
Post Whore!

600 what would you buy?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #402
yokotas13
Post Whore!

bhought a bike
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #403
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough

someone make a fixie outta this...

hipsters everywhere will feel less hip

WOOD

http://gizmodo.com/5335994/wood+fram...times/gallery/
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #404
yokotas13
Post Whore!

i found a place with handmade wood fenders, and handlebars also
with velocity teak wheels itd be awesome
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #405
!Zar!
Post Whore!

There are already the fixies made of bamboo.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #406
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
bhought a bike
not a bad starting point. nice that it has almost no logos on it. diggin the gold chain.....hope it was anodized tho. alot of companies just spray paint them and it flakes off pretty quick.

now rid yourself of the rear brake please. the brake line going down the frame kills the clean look
S13project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #407
yokotas13
Post Whore!

not the pictures of mine, just a stock photo. its getting sent to a friend in cali, then forwarded to me.
i already have many plans and parts on order. i ordered the nt-021 bullhorns today, going this weekend to order hopefully candyRim wheels, seatpost, and stem
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #408
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^ nice how much it run you?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #409
yokotas13
Post Whore!

375 +whatever shiping will be from cali.

im about to buy like 400-500 in parts though lol
wheels/tires/crank/tape/seat
Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #410
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^ you're from the land of keirin..... better hit up those NJS parts. haha.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #411
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yeah, why? im not going on a velodrome anytime soon. shit costs too much. a g for a used frame? fuck you

im just riding around town man. im gonna get some shit i like the way it looks lol. its still not cheap, but whatever

eventually ill get a bridgestone frame though
Old 10-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #412
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post
lol hype
nice car

Quote:
yeah, why? im not going on a velodrome anytime soon. shit costs too much. a g for a used frame? fuck you

im just riding around town man. im gonna get some shit i like the way it looks lol. its still not cheap, but whatever

eventually ill get a bridgestone frame though

are u kidding. YAJ man. u can get complete vivalos for like 500$..... after importing that bike to the US itll be like a G. i've imported 3 nagasawa frames to the states and everytime they were only 5-600$, but by the time they reach the states....they were 8-900. STILL worth it. i miss them much .

Quote:
600 what would you buy?
350$ for kilo TT shipped to your door from bikesdirect and 250$ on either...

1. wheelset+cog
2. cranks + ring + chain
3. new pedals + bra setup+new saddle

dew eat

Quote:
so question

aerospokes came in road wheel form as well. if your frame is steel then u need to cold set your rear spacing to 120mm or technically 123 (1.5mm on each side) for tensioners if u wanna get SUPER track spec specific. Cassettes and freewheels do just that...they will allow the wheel NOT to be fixed. The "fixed" property is in the hub itself so u can purchase velocity rims or whatever and laced them to 7/8/9/10/11 speed hubs no problem, but at that point it's a waste of money. Ebay sometimes even has deep Vs that are pre-laced to road hubs.

Honestly i woudln't recommend and aero-joke wheelset at all. They are heavy in comparison to even spoked wheelsets and they served nearly no aerodynamic purpose. Aesthetically they look "cool" but c'mon.
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #413
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
i ordered the nt-021 bullhorns today
That's what I'm using right now. Currently my fav drops. Some people cry about the drop that they have compared to Profile's or something. But I have no complaints.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #414
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
nice car

are u kidding. YAJ man. u can get complete vivalos for like 500$..... after importing that bike to the US itll be like a G. i've imported 3 nagasawa frames to the states and everytime they were only 5-600$, but by the time they reach the states....they were 8-900. STILL worth it. i miss them much .

350$ for kilo TT shipped to your door from bikesdirect and 250$ on either...

1. wheelset+cog
2. cranks + ring + chain
3. new pedals + bra setup+new saddle

dew eat

bought a kilo stripper and spend 450 on wheels, hubs, spokes

and YAJ sucks for bikes right now. nothign in my size for under 800-1000
Old 10-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #415
yokotas13
Post Whore!

red gran compe hubs

red candyrim
black spokes

black candyrim
red spokes

Red DeepV Velocity 36H for the road bike w black spokes
i should have the velocity wheel next week so i can drop it off at the roadie shop to get laced to the hub on my bike, so i can keep the 6 speed hub, then the other wheels should be done in two weeks. front radially laced, rear normal
Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #416
!Zar!
Post Whore!

RAYS Engineering FORTESST Hub

Old 10-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #417
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Unghhhh what what!
Bought to step my game up.

That's like TE37s for your bike
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #418
yokotas13
Post Whore!

give me a link, its on order lol
Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #419
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
bought a kilo stripper and spend 450 on wheels, hubs, spokes

and YAJ sucks for bikes right now. nothign in my size for under 800-1000
are u looking gaijin-sized frames ?
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #420
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
give me a link, its on order lol
¡Ú1±ß¡Á¡ÛRAYS / FORTESST 36H ¥Õ¥*¥ó¥È¥Ï¥Ö¢£Ãæ¸ÅÉÊ - ¥Þ¥Ã¥×¥¹¥Ý¡¼¥Ä - Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó