Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #331
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Joedrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bolt holes on the pan don't line up and I called up cx and I was told to email pictures and they will call back. Did all that and still nothing
Joedrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #332
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
What do you guys honestly expect. This has been the CXR MO. Release something half assed, provide no support, customer left figuring out how to make it work, buy extra parts etc. The fact that you need the GTO shifter assembly and not mentioning that upfront should tell you EVERYTHING. There isnt a single LS swap kit that utilizes that shifter because it sits so far back. That means that the CX kit must shift the motor ridiculously forward to clear the extra 2.5" difference in the shifter locations. Stack up radiator thicknesses and accessory drive clearances and where does your fan go? Radiator hoses etc. 2.5" forward is major when you only have a few to begin with.

If the oil pan doesn't line up you are basically SOL. The OEM pan gaskets have molded rubber seals that go around each bolt. If you have to "modify/hack" the pan by enlarging the holes odds are you are going to have a leak.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #333
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (-1)
cxracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Swapping a motor and transmission onto a different chassis is a very complex project, there are lots of things need to be considered and lots of experiences are needed. It is not something can be done overnight or even in a short period. It is a long process, For example:

1. Placement of the motor and transmission, and weight distribution
2. Mounts’ strength and support
3. Hood clearance
4. Motor accessories (water pump, alternator, pulleys, etc) clearance
5. Radiator clearance
6. Header/manifold/exhaust system placement and clearance
7. Driveshaft
8. Wiring harness /electronics
9. Oil pan orientation and placement, oil pickup, oil dip stick
10. Auto/manual transmission difference and shifter placement
11. Fuel system
The list can go on.

A few years back, swapping LS to JDM chassis is not popular due to its difficulty and lack of vendor supports (product availabilities and more importantly, high costs)
We have done lots of R&D and come out a very nice LS1 kit for 240SX and it is very affordable(we have two S13 chassis and one S14 chassis, three LS1 motors and one LQ truck motor, for our development and testing needs). So far the only issue we knew is the early passenger side header was a little bit too low, but we have revised that header and there is no any issue. And for the record, we have sold almost 100 of this same swap kit in the last 6 months. The demand is so high and majority of our customers are very happy about the kits.

On the other hand, many people do not understand the complexity and even knowing what to do, all they know is to search the internet, seeing people talking about it on forums and social medias, Thinking that buying a kit and install the parts themselves and then they can turn a S13/S14 into a 350+ HP car. It is not that easy.

For the ones complaining here, it is fundamentally wrong to start the project, basically lack of common knowledge and experiences:

1. We have posted some much information and pictures on this thread, stated there is no cut, fits stock chassis etc. but one guy cut the crossmember and blamed on us. Why cutting the crossmember? Because it hits something, but our motor mounts has built-in adjustment and can move the motor back and forward and up and down by just adjusting the mounting bolt holes. We clearly stated this features. Or even worst and assuming something hit, you would have hammered the firewall than cutting the crossmember!!

2. Using different shifter is a basic 101 common knowledge when doing a swap, shifting position will be different when you putting a different motor and trans into a different chassis, just like you will need a different driveshaft made, these are GIVEN. If you do not know that, you should not even start a swap project.

3. Oil Pan fitment, we tested each oil pan on an actual motor. If there is any issues, contact us and ship it back to us, we will test/fix whatever issue it is, or send you a new one.

4. For others talking none senses stuff, if you do not own this swap kit, just talking out of nowhere, you simply talking none facts. If you own our swap kit and have a problem with it, contact us or discuss it here, we will offer you support and resolve whatever the issues are. But if you just talking trash, don’t waste time.

Compare our kits to others on the market:

1. Are there any other vendors offer so many parts for this specific LS/S13 swap? We offer:
· Engine mount, adjustable
· Transmission mount (for auto or manual)
· Racing oil pan, with oil pickup and dip stick, and oil filter relocation kit
· Headers, with complete exhaust system all the way to the back of the chassis
· Driveshaft
· Wiring harness (will be release soon)

2. Are there any other vendors offer so many installed pictures, and information?

3. Are there any other vendors offer these products at lower prices?

4. If there are lower priced products out there, are there any other vendors offer these products with the same quality and no fitment issues?

Facts say for themselves.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #334
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Your oil pan has fitment issues....... Still waiting on a call/email back
Old 01-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #335
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedrt View Post
Your oil pan has fitment issues....... Still waiting on a call/email back
when you bought something and have issue with it, you need to go through the channel where you bought them, to resolve it.

We are not checking all the forums, facebook, google +, twitter, and all the other social medias to listening all the whining and crying you have.

when you last contacted us, our tech told you to send us more pictures of the pan, not just the one bolt hole, or ship the pan back to us to check it out. but you have not sent us any of these. as we stated, we will fix it or send you a new one if there in fact a problem. but you have not provided any meaningful details or facts, but just simply keep crying about it. you have our contact info and #, so contact us to sort it out. don't keep whining about it.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #336
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
so is hammering the trans tunnel (s13) needed or not with this kit?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #337
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitsaboy View Post
so is hammering the trans tunnel (s13) needed or not with this kit?

don't need to hammer firewall

don't need to cut crossmember

T56 transmission has a little hump on the bell housing the will contact the trans. tunnel, you can either use a mallet to hammer the tunnel for that spot or jack the tranny up all the way and let it create its own dimple in the tunnel itself.

obliviously i might have forgotten to mention you need a different shifter assembly, but that's it!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cxracing; 01-03-2014 at 07:01 PM..
cxracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #338
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sorry guys the motor and trans DID NOT "just drop right in i blame poor welding jigs for that"
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #339
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
sorry guys the motor and trans DID NOT "just drop right in i blame poor welding jigs for that"
we have dropped the motor and tans in and out of the S13, and S14 at least 20 times to test many different batches of parts. give me a break. if you really have an issue, contact us and we will take care of whatever problem you might have.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #340
PIN GIO 2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
PIN GIO 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PIN GIO 2
anyone tried cx swap kit with GTO oil pan?
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #341
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Give you a break. Give ME a break I've been on the phone with you guys and still haven't gotten any help from anyone.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #342
Lawrenceeeeee
Leaky Injector

Lawrenceeeeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxracing View Post
we have dropped the motor and tans in and out of the S13, and S14 at least 20 times to test many different batches of parts. give me a break. if you really have an issue, contact us and we will take care of whatever problem you might have.
Seems like an awesome way to talk to customers that have problems. Hooker here I come!
Lawrenceeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #343
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Y pipe concept is pretty sweet.. If only it was compatible with sikky headers w/ v bands

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #344
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
Y pipe concept is pretty sweet.. If only it was compatible with sikky headers w/ v bands
That is one of the worst looking Y-pipe setups I have ever seen! Having one pipe completely dead end into another is terrible and looks like it was just thrown together. A proper Y would have the two sides flow into the merge separately and actually "merge" flow wise. That passenger pipe just dead end into the drivers side. Half assed.

And to CXRacing, please stop acting like you have invented something awesome for the LS swap. You are the ONLY company requiring the GTO shifter. WHY!? Explain how the tunnel does NOT need to be modified for a T56 when every single swap out there does. I know the answer its quite simple. YOU CHOSE TO SIT THE ENGINE FORWARD at least 2.5 inches. That's the only way. Couldn't make it sit any lower because driveshaft would be off and you dont have a mythical T56 that the bellhousing is somehow smaller. The only way was to sacrifice spacer forward of the balancer. Bragging that you dont have to take 20 mins to bash the tunnel, when you need a GTO assembly, probably another accessory drive, etc is not innovative. ITS RETARDED!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #345
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ I said concept, as in it mating to other s chassis catback exhausts on the market.. But I suppose you do have a valid point..

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #346
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
That is one of the worst looking Y-pipe setups I have ever seen! Having one pipe completely dead end into another is terrible and looks like it was just thrown together. A proper Y would have the two sides flow into the merge separately and actually "merge" flow wise. That passenger pipe just dead end into the drivers side. Half assed.

And to CXRacing, please stop acting like you have invented something awesome for the LS swap. You are the ONLY company requiring the GTO shifter. WHY!? Explain how the tunnel does NOT need to be modified for a T56 when every single swap out there does. I know the answer its quite simple. YOU CHOSE TO SIT THE ENGINE FORWARD at least 2.5 inches. That's the only way. Couldn't make it sit any lower because driveshaft would be off and you dont have a mythical T56 that the bellhousing is somehow smaller. The only way was to sacrifice spacer forward of the balancer. Bragging that you dont have to take 20 mins to bash the tunnel, when you need a GTO assembly, probably another accessory drive, etc is not innovative. ITS RETARDED!

stop talking like an expert, i bet 100% that you have not even known anything about swapping LS into S13/S14:

1. show me any one else has a Y pipe design? like what you stated, in production. and if there is any, how much it costs???

take a look at this picture, tell me where and how any other option of Y pipe can be done??? to do the Y pipe you mentioned, it will hit the driveshaft, or use a small 2" exhaust pipe?

2. with our kit, transmission housing is almost touching the firewall, the most backward anyone can possibly put the motor and transmission in, without cutting the firewall.

so in order to do like what you said, move it backward by 2.5", you will have to cut the ENTIRE firewall, and you will have to cut most of the trans tunnel.

tell me if you want to cut the firewall, cut the trans tunnel, which are important part of the car, or just get a different shifter (that is wildly available)

3. take a look at the oil pan below, this is how our oil pan sits and fits now, if we were to do like what you said, move the motor backward by 2.5", it will have to reduce the oil pan volume by around 15-20%. good or bad???

4. and lastly, if we were to move the motor backward, the driver side header will be a lot more difficult to make, steering shaft will be hitting the header runner everywhere, you can only make a shitty header. and the last runner will be hitting the already cut firewall!!

so stopping talking crap like you know what you are talking about. if you do, show support and proof of your statement.

we are in fact the expert on the LS swap into S13/S14, we have developed a kit to make the swap a lot more easier. the reason that ours is "different" than what you have thought is we have done a lot of works to make a kit is very simple, works great, fits great, and affordable.

and lastly, s13/s14 guys really want a LS1 swap is for the power, anything can drop a LSx/LQ, LM motor into s13/s14 at lower costs, they don't give a F about what your concerns are. guys like you talking about this and that would not ever swap a LS into your S13, if you do, show me something.

tell me what you don't like our kit:

no cut, fits perfect, works perfect
with complete parts (from motor mounts, oil pan, header, to complete exhaust)
at almost half of the price compare to other kits on the market, and with better features for many parts (like adjustble motor mounts, Built-in with Baffles and Trap Doors for High Performance and Race Applications, longer performance headers (not a shorty log style)

all the stupid points you stated are the old homemade kits people did when there wasn't any good kit on the market, we are the one bring in good kit to the market and do it in many better ways (and proper ways), so stop talking the old/wrong ways of doing the swap and make it sounds it was the right way of doing it, this will only prove you are an idiot!!

Last edited by cxracing; 01-05-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #347
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Seems like you guys do a lot of talking and arguing about how you are the greatest around when you can't even give a call or an email when someone has a problem. Like me who has a problem with this stupid oil pan that the bolts don't line up on. I've been calling and emailing since last Monday. You should be more like a company and honor your fuck ups. You test fit each part my ass
Old 01-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #348
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedrt View Post
Seems like you guys do a lot of talking and arguing about how you are the greatest around when you can't even give a call or an email when someone has a problem. Like me who has a problem with this stupid oil pan that the bolts don't line up on. I've been calling and emailing since last Monday. You should be more like a company and honor your fuck ups. You test fit each part my ass
dude, you have not emailed us anything, as we stated many times, send us a few more pictures, let's check out the oil pan. we will send you a return shipping label (pre-paid by us) to return the oil pan. we will take care of any issues if there is any.

lots of complaints are user errors, we are resolving any issues professionally. you keep whining and crying about it on this thread is not going to resolve the problem.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #349
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

O'RLY!? Know nothing......

1a. A PROPER Ypipe:

1b. Mated to a APEXi GT SPEC: 3" to 3.75" merge

2a. Impossible: here is an Fbody tranny in an S13. Centered in the hole. No firewall cutting. Just a lil ole hammering. GTO sits 3.5" further back.

2b. 9" of clearance between accessory drive (CTS-V) and rad support. Enough to fit 3" Radiator and Full taurus fan and shroud.

3. GTO Oil pan: Notch SubFrame, Fit Fbody shifter. Holds more oil than your custom pan. A million pics of this over the interwebs. One can also the canton racing pan which requires no modification at all.

4. Shitty headers: Lets see....fits in frame rail...Check, clears steering....check, fits fbody shifter check, even on drivers and passenger...check, oh and easy access to PLUGS!!!!!...CHECK!!!! Hooker LONG TUBES nuff said.

I showed you something....Now I'll eagerly await your reply...Since you know CXRACING is an expert.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #350
Lawrenceeeeee
Leaky Injector

Lawrenceeeeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

1a. A PROPER Ypipe:

2a. Impossible: here is an Fbody tranny in an S13. Centered in the hole. No firewall cutting. Just a lil ole hammering. GTO sits 3.5" further back.

2b. 9" of clearance between accessory drive (CTS-V) and rad support. Enough to fit 3" Radiator and Full taurus fan and shroud.

3. GTO Oil pan: Notch SubFrame, Fit Fbody shifter. Holds more oil than your custom pan. A million pics of this over the interwebs. One can also the canton racing pan which requires no modification at all.

4. Shitty headers: Lets see....fits in frame rail...Check, clears steering....check, fits fbody shifter check, even on drivers and passenger...check, oh and easy access to PLUGS!!!!!...CHECK!!!! Hooker nuff said.

Now I'll eagerly await your reply...Since you know CXRACING is an expert.
You are making my day. What mounts did you use?
Lawrenceeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #351
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I am just laughing my ass off. good luck on your homemade swap and wait until you got everything in place and running. to give you credit, actually it is not that bad. you're actually like building a custom car from the ground up and cutting some much.

But I am wondering how much time and money you have spent...

you must do it right, i can see the front top support is totally cut.

PS. why don't you show:

1. How much of the firewall you have cut?
2. How much of the trans tunnel you have pushed up?
3. How much clearance between your "Right" Y pipe and the driveshaft?
4. how are your motor and trans mounts look like?

If we were to design a kit to cut so many parts to fit it, We would have made a kit 10x nicer than yours.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #352
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxracing View Post
I am just laughing my ass off. good luck on your homemade swap and wait until you got everything in place and running. to give you credit, actually it is not that bad. you're actually like building a custom car from the ground up and cutting some much.

But I am wondering how much time and money you have spent...

you must do it right, i can see the front top support is totally cut.

PS. why don't you show:

1. How much of the firewall you have cut?
2. How much of the trans tunnel you have pushed up?
3. How much clearance between your "Right" Y pipe and the driveshaft?
4. how are your motor and trans mounts look like?

If we were to design a kit to cut so many parts to fit it, We would have made a kit 10x nicer than yours.
Laugh your ass off all you want. Firewall is not cut for the swap. Hammered for clearance only which you stated above your kit still requires or "let it make its own space" lol. Can you not see the complete ac system still on the firewall. I did cut the rad support when i had a vh45de in the car and had to put it in on my own. Mucho easy when you can go straight in. You arent fooling anyone, claiming you need to cut the firewall etc. No swap kit requires that. Not a single one.

I dont need anymore pics. I have already proved you wrong on every level. My mounts, headers, oil pan is all off the shelf items readily available to anyone from places like enjuku, summit, jegs, oem, frsport etc. And my kit was a few dollars ~$150 more then yours.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #353
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

I was on the phone while I was putting it on...
Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #354
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
The welds on your "proper" y pipe and exhaust setup look like dog shit.... Definitely expected more from someone talking so much shit about cxracings setup.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #355
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Laugh your ass off all you want. Firewall is not cut for the swap. Hammered for clearance only which you stated above your kit still requires or "let it make its own space" lol. Can you not see the complete ac system still on the firewall. I did cut the rad support when i had a vh45de in the car and had to put it in on my own. Mucho easy when you can go straight in. You arent fooling anyone, claiming you need to cut the firewall etc. No swap kit requires that. Not a single one.

I dont need anymore pics. I have already proved you wrong on every level. My mounts, headers, oil pan is all off the shelf items readily available to anyone from places like enjuku, summit, jegs, oem, frsport etc. And my kit was a few dollars ~$150 more then yours.
these are random pictures can be grabbed from internet, if you are really doing this project yourself, show more pictures of the rest, let everyone to judge if this is something they want to hack.

i highly doubt that this is even your own project. if yes, show us more pictures and let's give you some credit.

this kind of project, it is basically don't care of anything, use whatever available, cut and hammer whatever are needed to make it fit, working at a home garage, it takes at least on one yr of your weekend time. and to the end, it might have some show stoppers that get you very frustrated (if you are the one really doing this project) and not able to finish(or cost too much to finish)

Keep in mind, our kit does not require any cut or modify the chassis. this is totally no comparison.

PS. if it is so easy, there would be tons of LS/S13 swap already out there before we released our kit.

Last edited by cxracing; 01-06-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #356
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

1a. A PROPER Ypipe:

That looks terrible.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #357
rotarywar

rotarywar is an unknown quantity at this point
CXRacing 240SX S13/S14 LS1 Swap Build Engine/Transmission Mount, Header, Oil ...

To niscur29 I like that you're talking about a proper y-pipe when it looks like you welded your pipes with JB weld. I would've been embarrassed to show those weld on this forum. I've worked that a fab shop for over 15 years FYI . Don't know why you're so butt hurt over Cxracing but all they've done is offer quality parts for reasonable prices . Get over your self boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rotarywar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #358
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Gentlemen, the appearance of my welds have nothing to do with the point I was making. And yes regardless of my welds I have a proper y pipe that functions and doesn't leak. And why would I be embarrassed, two shits not given to what anyone thinks of my car. They may be ugly but, hey I weld once in a blue moon, and I guarantee it flows better and sounds better than that quality China tig welded job. I never stated I was a master fabricator I simply backed up my statements when cxracing asked for proof.

I love the cxracing fanboys that out of all the facts I've shown comment on the visual appearance of welds on a exhaust that will never be seen. But hey according to the cxracing dude it's all fake pictures anyways and it's not my car.

Oh and the ls swap is not popular because it's too easy it's the fact that it cost a ridiculous amount of money to finish. Something I'm sure all of you guys commenting on visual appearances are familiar with oh wait......
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #359
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:

1a. A PROPER Ypipe:

4. Shitty headers: Lets see....fits in frame rail...Check, clears steering....check, fits fbody shifter check, even on drivers and passenger...check, oh and easy access to PLUGS!!!!!...CHECK!!!! Hooker LONG TUBES nuff said.

I showed you something....Now I'll eagerly await your reply...Since you know CXRACING is an expert.

i gotta give you props for being able to weld your own pipes and having the common sence to be able to do things the way you see proper, but here lies an issue. how many other people that want to do an ls swap have the ability to weld and make some of there own parts such as there own "Y" pipe and headers etc? how many people want to actually cut into there own subframe and cut out there upper core support and make there own parts? im sure there are many that want to and would like to but cant do it because they dont have the right tools to do it. the kit in question here allows anyone with enough mechanical knowledge to do this motor swap with no cutting and minimal Hammering to the transmission tunnel and maybe a little to the firewall where the lip sticks outwards near the top which is only needed Maybe if you are using a truck engine.

just saying man, for the price and the quality of there kit why complain.

here's a little comparison for thought

Sikky - Price: $ 2,750.00
Hooker Headers - $260 mounts only $720 for headers
CXRacing - Price: $1,589.00

figure maybe another 150-200 for the power steering lines whenever they come out you're still looking at about $1789 for the cx kit.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #360
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

sooooooo now apparently they only have one tech what the hell kind of business is this