Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #181
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wonder why people don't weld new flanges that are extended like your setup veilside? Seems fairly straightforward... I wonder why no one does it generally to other coilover setups either? It can definetely allow the ability to run some wider tires up front on s13s... add quite a bit of inner clearance... but will of course make it stick out more.. requiring potentially widebody or flares...

I've been running KYB + stech for 2 years lol... its floppy, rolls, bouncy... rough (ive driven in coilover setups and they felt less rough/bouncy/shitty) it sucks... hah... when I turned dampening all the way to the max, its okay, it feels even soft at high speed (not rough) but at low speeds is a NIGHTMARE lol... but it does the job until i get konis 8611 this summer i hope I am so fricking excited... I can't wait until bloody winter is over I wish I went with koni yellows to begin with.. I was unfortunately brainwashed by clueless/ricers from a local ontario forum who think they are 'jdm tyte' and the shit in what shit they have lol... and it was either kyb or megans the only way to go haha.... made me believe having 'coilovers' was 'race shyyyte' tyte... the best... that was two and a half years ago though ... learned alot since then :P~ .. alot...
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #182
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
In order to weld on the tubes for the Ohlins (or other sealed strut), the internals must be removed since it is under pressure.

That's what prevents people from added longer flanges to them for the most part.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #183
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_the_iceman View Post
Please let us know how SAFC tuning goes. I'm considering one for an N/A KA with bolt-ons, but there seems to be a strong pro-standalone argument.
SAFC will just be tuned enough to level the fuel out, it cant be used to "maximize power" or anything. I am also an A&P which is why i went to aircraft spruce just about before anything else, i know they had SCAT tubing and different home build brackets and such.

Quote:
What wheels are you running again?

That's the only REAL drawback to that Ohlin's setup (other than almost stock length) is that the flanges don't have much room for wide wheels w/o going towards the fenders.
I am running 16x8 RX-7 FD wheels (+40 offset) with 245 Khumo V710's. I may end up upgrading to 17x9's this year so i can run 275 Hoosier R6's that a bunch of FF racers use a few times and trash since i cant use them.

The ohlins are being modified, ill deff post pictures for everyone to see, they will look just like the koni GC setup that people use, dimensionally that is.

Quote:
In order to weld on the tubes for the Ohlins (or other sealed strut), the internals must be removed since it is under pressure.

That's what prevents people from added longer flanges to them for the most part.

i dont know how GC is doing the modifications, but the yare prolly welding to the shock, and they do this with many different shock companies for professional racers, so i can only assume that they will be doing this the right way, but we all know what happens when you assume.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #184
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What brakes are you running with bmc? I use hawks hp+ pretty good better than HPS, but I love perfomance friction stuff.... Awesome quality awesome brakes, its what all the JGTC cars use and I had them on the bike. Great feel and ability to modulate the brakes
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #185
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
brake setup:

300zx calipers
Brembo blank rotors
Carbotech Brake pads XP12 F/ XP10 R
SS lines
S13 non-hicas brake booster
300ZX BMC

Hawk HP+ pads are not nearly enough anymore for track use, XP12's are enough but dont last long enough, so i will be switching to Cobalt XR2's this year.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #186
Rexbo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Rexbo is making a name for him/her selfRexbo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rexbo Send a message via MSN to Rexbo
Check out Kognitiondesign.com for some much nicer carbon fiber brake ducts!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #187
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

i saw they make stuff, not too interested in it though. Mine is much cheaper and just as effective in my eyes.

FUllrace turbo manifold will NOT be going on teh car, was stolen out of my DD today, even though it was in a box and taped up. F*CK!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:34 AM   #188
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
OMG! RETARDS! May they rot! I hope you find the scumbags who stole it :angry
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 AM   #189
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
wow wtf that is some thefty bollshat!

nice car, sad your mani got snaked, that is lame as fawk.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #190
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
who steals a manifold? be sure to watch ebay
TheArkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #191
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Here's some pic's from this Monday local Socal event. @ Streets (Nitto tire event)
with the silvia

great day, good weather, nothing broken..lol

Track config was CW with the blow pass and Skidpad.

will post some pic's and vid's soon

btw, messed up someone grabbed your mani. wth?1?

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire

Last edited by Paul2x; 02-20-2008 at 07:28 PM..
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #192
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

nice car, any other track pics?

thats a pricy car to be trackin, keep it on the tarmac

Last edited by WhiteGLX; 02-20-2008 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #193
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
nice car, any other track pics?

thats a pricy car to be trackin, keep it on the tarmac
Thanks,

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Like all the P-car guys.

but it is much cheaper to mantain on the track then my GTR.

Are you familuar with TrackHq ? if so their is an entire thread with pic's and vid's

http://www.trackhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

Old 02-21-2008, 06:05 AM   #194
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

you guys have a nice little crew there. I usually run with a few honda's all swapped and prepared for H1, so they are fast lil buggers.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #195
TheArkitekt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the roughTheArkitekt is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey paul! nice track pics. I think my friend ryan was at your house not to long ago picking up his 86?
TheArkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #196
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArkitekt View Post
hey paul! nice track pics. I think my friend ryan was at your house not to long ago picking up his 86?
LOL Yeah, Him and Anthony from Ohio Drift.

Small world =)

Thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #197
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
Here's some pic's from this Monday local Socal event. @ Streets (Nitto tire event)
with the silvia

great day, good weather, nothing broken..lol

Track config was CW with the blow pass and Skidpad.

will post some pic's and vid's soon

btw, messed up someone grabbed your mani. wth?1?
What'd you run? (times that is)
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #198
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
You make me sad Paul, I want to get out to the next one
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #199
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

its sad i cant join you guys ever, east coast will be getting a handfull of me this year since i will be instructing about 11 event, and participating in 1 3day PCA event in may, so 12 total.

by the end of next month i will have new track footage to post up and hopefully some better pics of the car on track.

for now though everythign is falling aparts as far as suspension goes. Ohlins can not be fitted with GC coils, so i will be reassembling them and repainting them to prevent corrosion then selling.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #200
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
What'd you run? (times that is)
Best of the day was 1.25.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX
Ohlins can not be fitted with GC coils
PCV's use Eibach, did u give them a call?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #201
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Is that 300zx all around?
-Ken

Quote:
brake setup:

300zx calipers
Brembo blank rotors
Carbotech Brake pads XP12 F/ XP10 R
SS lines
S13 non-hicas brake booster
300ZX BMC

Hawk HP+ pads are not nearly enough anymore for track use, XP12's are enough but dont last long enough, so i will be switching to Cobalt XR2's this year.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #202
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Is that 300zx all around?
-Ken
yup yup, tho prolly only for this next year, the really high track temps are not working so well with them anymore, next year ill end up going to somethign a little nicer i think, or just a newer design of caliper.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #203
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

PCV's? never heard of them. GC uses eibach coils also, its just the sleeves that wont fit on the ohlins shocks, sadly.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #204
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
PCV's? never heard of them. GC uses eibach coils also, its just the sleeves that wont fit on the ohlins shocks, sadly.
Sorry thought u were running Ohlins coilovers, (they all use eibach springs)

Flag, PCV,RCV, just different ohlins dampers.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #205
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
125?

nice man.

very very nice

I'm worried now-
Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #206
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Best of the day was 1.25.28

What tires/size you runnin? Obviously r-compounds. That blows my last time there outta the water. You have just set my new target!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #207
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i have discovered that the hawk hp + are great pads for a street car that occasionally sees a trackday/autox. except for the fact that they are very dusty, they are great street pads. what exactly are you all using for track/autox/hpde. im looking to try something else but was wondering what has been tried with z32 calipers.
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #208
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

for just track use....i have used Hawk Blues, Carbotech XP10, Carbotech XP12, and soon to test out is Cobalt XR2's. All are very agressive track pads, i dont deem them necessary unless you are in actual need of upgrading your pads, otherwise just stick with HP+'s.

as far as the shocks go, they are Soqi made (Ohlins Japan) a factory replacement shock with adjustability like KYB AGX's, except quality. Although because of the massive piston design, they cannot be retrofitted with a coilover sleeve. So i will be finishing the restoration and repainting of them, and then shipping them out the door, i just need to get some pictures up and a new thread.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #209
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
What are you going to do with it now? (suspension wise obviously)
Old 02-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #210
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

I am working on getting a sponsor, who seems very interested in using me for advertising. They are pushing me to run one of their suspensions so we will see if that works out or not. Odds are itll be stances tho, some GR+'s with light springs. simple setup that seems to be pretty reliable for everyone one here.