Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #1
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Someone give me the lowdown on A'pexi coilovers

Seems there isn't much talk about A'pexi coilovers, outside of some inquiries about ExV, and I've been lookin at some new hardware, decided to look 'em up

Turns out A'pexi USA's website sucks ass. I went to look for spring rates and their model lineup, but they don't have a chart that lists their applications.

Here's the models listed on their website:
N1 Evolution Circuit
N1 Evolution Street
N1 ExV
World Sports

but on every retailer I check, they list:
ExV (some, not all)
World Sports
N1 Pro
N1 Type V
N1 Spec 2000 (some, not all)

Here's what I've been able to gather:
-N1 Type V is their high-end performance model valved for the street
-N1 Pro is track level shit.
-Spec 2000 nobody knows what it is and some places never heard of it.
-ExV is A'pex entry level performance model, proprietary version of Megan Racing design which may or may not have its own unique valving
-World Sports is not available in Japan, built for U.S. market. Not performance oriented (they make it for everything pretty much, like Tein Basic)

Also:
-I know there IS an A'Pexi USA, and I'm fairly certain they do rebuilding, but do they rebuild in USA, or send shit to Japan.
- how much do they charge?

So:
Who's got these?
How do they feel?
Why are the models listed on the website not listed on any retailer?

Are any Zilvia advertisers A'Pexi distributors/retailers? Can you tell me about A'Pex?

Oh and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Tanabe for taking the DD's out of production.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Project D
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Project D
^^^ I will try to help you out a bit here. The World Sport is very comfortable (great for DD) and less expensive than the rest. True it lacks some of the adjustability, yet it's ride and increased handling over stock should make up for that. The EXv has been said to be similar to another suspension....... but overall makes for a nice street/track suspension that has full adjustability. As far vas other suspensions from them, I have been warned about hard ride for the street, might consider that. Any other questions, I can try to find out on my spare time, but im sure you are doing the same.
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:38 PM   #3
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Are you a dealer, and which "other suspensions from them" are you referring to?

I also read Apexi changes their lineup every year, which seems ridiculously stupid.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero

Are any Zilvia advertisers A'Pexi distributors/retailers? Can you tell me about A'Pex?

Oh and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Tanabe for taking the DD's out of production.
this is off the top of the dome, but iirc the N1 Pro is discontinued, the N1 Evolution replaced it.

apexi usa does rebuild it, not sure what turn around time is, but iirc it was something like $140 per corner to rebuild? try to call them.

the reason there is a discrepancy between apexi's site and retailers is that many retailers just havent updated to reflect the changes and phasing out of certain products.

as for tanabe, dont be hatin!

the reason they discontinued the DD lineup is because they have a new coilover setup coming, called the Sustec Pro Seven, which will feature an electronic dampening system, called TEAS (Tanabe Electric Active Suspension). these are coming out in october. MSRP is around $1780.

http://www.more-japan.com/xcart/cust....php?pageid=26

i dont have spring rates yet, but im sure they will be either 8/6 or 10/8 for s13/14.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Yeah, I talked to Project Nissan about those new Tanabe's, they said they'll be more expensive and not out till March, or something like that.

I'd rather have my DD's now.

What's pricing on N1 Evolution Street going to look like, what are the rates, and when will it be available?

Oh yeah, Pro7's not listed for 240SX...
Old 08-31-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
You can go to the apexera site and download the pdf's to get the specs.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:47 PM   #7
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
hey Option, you never know...

The same thing might happen like when tein discontinued the HE's for the Super Drifts. Every distributor that had HE's still cut the price WAY down and they were like dirt cheap. If you really want the DD's, i'd hold out for a few months and see what happens when distributors start having their close out sales for them. You'll probably be able to pick up a set for a killer price. Just a thought anyways.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM   #8
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Apexi n1 PRO kick ass. I love mine. I'd say they are very comparable to the top of the line zeals.

As for the new lineup, the n1 evolution circuit replaced the n1 pro and the n1 evolution street replaced the n1 type v. The new n1 evolution use a special kind of fluid in them or something like that.

Last time I talked to Apexi, they said they rebuild them here in the US. If I remember correctly, it costs like $100 a shock and turn around time is a couple of weeks depending on how much work they already have lined up.

O, and I'm going to have to disagree with PROJECT D who said that World Sport are great for drifting. Go with a n1 pro or evolution circuit setup. They are plenty comfortable on the street and they usually come with 8/6 spring.

On the japanese website, they mention the n1 evolution drift too.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
Yeah, I talked to Project Nissan about those new Tanabe's, they said they'll be more expensive and not out till March, or something like that.

I'd rather have my DD's now.
Per Tanabe, they are coming end of the year for S14. I doubt they will be more than $1980, which is DD retail. If you add on the controller then obviously.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
OptionZero
Post Whore!

It depends on if there is a price difference between Evo Circuit or Street; if the Circuit is daily drivable (best aspect of DD from what i heard), then I'd go with that, or if the streets can handle tracking (9/7 would be great)....

Revat:
THERE ARE NO MORE TANABE PRO-DD's IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!!
Two containers came in this month (August), no DD's on 'em. Everywhere else, sold out. I'm told you can't keep a DD in stock because people buy 'em before they even hit the shores.

HE's are plentiful, The DD's were delayed and slow in production or some crap. Plus, for a while Tanabe didn't even sell 'em here.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

If someone has a link to the PDF with the application listing that'd be great; all I see on their page for the coilovers is 4 pictures and a marketing blurb, no link to shit.

Searching for "evolution" on their website yields NO HITS.

Retarded.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Oh, i didnt know that. That sucks!!!!!

Well, good luck with whichever Apex model you decide to go with then. Fwiw, everybody i know that has the N1 pros, loves them.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #13
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Well it's between used n1 Pros (if guy ever decides to respond) or Buddy Club Racing Spec (new w/ pillow balls upper mount), each for around $1300

Possibly upgrade next year.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:00 PM   #14
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
N1 Drift

http://www.apexera.co.jp/carlife/pro...MPER_drift.pdf

N1 Circuit

http://www.apexera.co.jp/carlife/pro...C/N1EVOU_C.pdf

N1 Street

http://www.apexera.co.jp/carlife/pro..._DAMPER_st.pdf

For people who don't wanna DL heres the main differences I see for S14:

N1 Street - 46mm shock piston front/rear 6k/5k Spring rate
N1 Circuit - 46mm piston front, 52mm piston rear 10k/9k Spring rate
N1 Drift - 46mm pisiton front/rear 10k/9k spring rate, dampening is stiffer?
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
I am looking into the ExV for my new car. I've heard that it is mainly a street suspension and not very aggressive though. Kinda would like a mix of street/track. I have not seen anywhere that carries the N1 Evolution Street which I would like to see.

My friend has the original Apexi N1 race non-adjustable dampening application on his S13 and it really rides like crap. It is an inverted shock design, rides very stiff and bouncy and sticks occasionally i.e. does not rebound all the way. No dust boots either so your shock life will be short. Definitely crap.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #16
OptionZero
Post Whore!

no adjustable? That must not have been the n1 pro tho

N1 Evolution Street only has 6/5 rates? Waay too soft, unless they offer custom rate up to 9/7 or something

N1 Circuit with 10/9!!!! Thats badass, i assume A'Pex has good valving so it should be more than tolerable on the street...very nice

anyonek now the rates on the N1 Type V that's currenty out?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #17
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I though you do track events on street tires, why do you need 10/8 or 9/7 rates? 8/6 shoudl be more than enough for anything less sticky than r comps and tracks that have curbs/midcorner bumps.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #18
OptionZero
Post Whore!

In the end i'm going with some A'pexi N1 Type V which are supposed to be 8/6.

i thought a 9/7 or 10/8 would have even less need for any bracing such as sways or STBs. With good valving even higher rates ought to be fine with the elevation changes or suspension upsetting bumps