Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Skawski
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Skawski is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How many zilvians have made the mistake of letting their girlfriend drive their 240?

After having my s13 hatch for a month I made the mistake of letting my girlfriend of a year take my car to work while I changed her struts out. She knows how to drive stick so i wasnt worried about her bangin gears around and she works 10 minutes from my house. Right as i got done with the last strut i got a call saying she got a flat tire on the way home from work. I didnt think much of it at first so grabbed my z rims with 4x4 status tires on em(not slammed friendly) and expected it to be a quick change. Right away i see massive negative camber and toe out on the front passenger tire while the drivers side had good alignment so i knew something was off about her flat tire story and to this day still don't know what exactly happened. i felt the inner sidewall to find my coilover collar ripped the tire to shreds; now mind you ive been screwin around in this car for a month at that time with no problems. I put the good tire on, my passenger side was about an inch lower than the other. As i pulled onto the road i immediately smelled rubber burning and noticed a LARGE amount of smoke coming from the side she blew the tire. I felt the inside of the tire and sure enough it was burning hot from the coilover perch rubbing. About 3 blocks from my house with smoke billowing out from the wheel well the tire blew out taking part of my front bumber with it too. I put on my other spare n got home with about a 1/8 inch out of the inside wall on that one too. pulling in my driveway i scraped like crazy and normally its close but no scraping. I checked it out and the damage came out to be steering rack clamp bolts snapped right off which led to tire rubbing on the perch, i found out she drove a mile and a half like that and the blown tire rubbing on the coilovers spun my rideheight collars almost to the ground(took a vice and 2 guys to unlock the collars) She dented one frame rail and my exhaust.

To this day she claims the tire went flat from just driving and she doesnt know how the other damage got there. lets just say we dont talk anymore lol.

To this day I still have no idea what the hell she did, but I'm assuming she smacked a curb pretty damn hard attempting to be a drift star in the streets. Worst part about it, while i was fixing the suspension problem on her 99 neon POS she was out fking up my brand new coils with less than 1k miles on them! luckily the collars didnt strip the tube when they spun against eachother, but the anodizing did get all wacky from the heat of the tire rubbing.

I'm sure other zilvians got some pretty similar stories that they look back on now and find humorous.
Skawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
buri_chan
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
buri_chan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I tried teaching my ex how to drive a standard in my car. I told her to downshift because there was a small bridge on our college campus. She couldn't so basically stopped.. I explained how to give it a little gas and SLOWLY let out the gas.. She revs to about 5k and pops the clutch lol.. there were 20ft tire marks on the bridge for a while after that, every time I walked to class I would see that and laugh haha
buri_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I let my wife drive my BNR32 once while I was in Japan. She did well but has never had any further interest in driving any of my cars. Well, she did drive me home once in my Chaser when I was drunk
Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i did.... she came back with no lip lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Taught my girl how to drive stick in my 240 just fine..she did great I was pretty stoked.

When she came to Japan I was thinking she had it down so I let her drive my 180 around town but it was her first time driving RHD. She rode the right side of the lane so close to the curb(because it feels kinda natural when first driving in a rhd car) I was starting to freak out and it made her nervous and she swerved right into a curb :/ my poor rays engineering rims
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #6
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I tried to teach my current girlfriend standard in my car. She stalled a few times and lugs the tranny around cause she doesn't understand letting the clutch go slowly. I don't think she'll be driving it any time soon.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
never going to happen, getting in a 1 litre hatchback with her is scary enough!
nikkisixx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
My wife wanted to drive my car after I got it all tuned and everything last summer, but I didn't want anything to happen to it before the Modified shoot, lol. I'll let her drive it this spring though- she's pretty good at driving a manual, so as long as I find a place without too many dips/holes to swerve I trust her. Kind of fun to ride shotgun in my car for once, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #9
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Kind of fun to ride shotgun in my car for once, haha.
Such a weird feeling. Same feeling I get when a friend borrows my car and you watch it driving off.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
ROOSEY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
ROOSEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i let my gf drive my car all the time she LOVES driving my vert. i still get nervous but i trust her. she drives a manual turbo beetle the things pretty sick haha but my ex trying to teach her stick was a bad idea.. instead of putting it into reverse, because we were in my driveway, she put it in first and popped the clutch before i could even stop her and crashed into my garage door...
ROOSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #11
xxoreolovexx
Zilvia Member

xxoreolovexx is an unknown quantity at this point
My girl drives a supercharged g35. She drifts it occasionally on the street. Needless to say when i got my ka-t all done and dyno tuned she wanted to drive it. I figured why not she drives pretty damn good. Her stupid ass decides she wants to street drift in the middle of the pine barrens. So i hear over my roommates scanner that a car hit a tree and was FUCKED UP. 10 minutes later I hear it is a "97 240sx driven by a girl", my hearts drops and I immediately get nauseous. She finally calls me and tell me that she hit a spot of oil and totalled my car. I was furious and i promptly broke up with her. 1 week later I have a letter delivered to my job, It was the signed title and keys for her g35. We began talking again. 6 months later i see this truck pull up in front of my house. SHE PAID FOR A NEW 97 S14 AND HAD IT MODDED THE EXACT SAME WAY I HAD ALMOST. We are now engaged. Point of the story is: i DONT CARE HOW GOOD OF A DRIVER YOU ARE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN, SO GO FUCK YOUR OWN SHIT UP.
xxoreolovexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxoreolovexx View Post
My girl drives a supercharged g35. She drifts it occasionally on the street. Needless to say when i got my ka-t all done and dyno tuned she wanted to drive it. I figured why not she drives pretty damn good. Her stupid ass decides she wants to street drift in the middle of the pine barrens. So i hear over my roommates scanner that a car hit a tree and was FUCKED UP. 10 minutes later I hear it is a "97 240sx driven by a girl", my hearts drops and I immediately get nauseous. She finally calls me and tell me that she hit a spot of oil and totalled my car. I was furious and i promptly broke up with her. 1 week later I have a letter delivered to my job, It was the signed title and keys for her g35. We began talking again. 6 months later i see this truck pull up in front of my house. SHE PAID FOR A NEW 97 S14 AND HAD IT MODDED THE EXACT SAME WAY I HAD ALMOST. We are now engaged. Point of the story is: i DONT CARE HOW GOOD OF A DRIVER YOU ARE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN, SO GO FUCK YOUR OWN SHIT UP.
I dont know what to think of that story
Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkidrift View Post
she drives a manual turbo beetle the things pretty sick
Just thought i'd quote this.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Since i got my 240 in 07 i've had zero girlfriends....

though i have let a lot of people drive it, with zero issues.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #15
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

c-los13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
my girl drives a supercharged g35. She drifts it occasionally on the street. Needless to say when i got my ka-t all done and dyno tuned she wanted to drive it. I figured why not she drives pretty damn good. Her stupid ass decides she wants to street drift in the middle of the pine barrens. So i hear over my roommates scanner that a car hit a tree and was fucked up. 10 minutes later i hear it is a "97 240sx driven by a girl", my hearts drops and i immediately get nauseous. She finally calls me and tell me that she hit a spot of oil and totalled my car. I was furious and i promptly broke up with her. 1 week later i have a letter delivered to my job, it was the signed title and keys for her g35. We began talking again. 6 months later i see this truck pull up in front of my house. She paid for a new 97 s14 and had it modded the exact same way i had almost. We are now engaged. Point of the story is: I dont care how good of a driver you are accidents happen, so go fuck your own shit up.

omg!!! Your the man!!!
Your story just made my day!!!
c-los13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
sflzenki.
Leaky Injector

sflzenki. is an unknown quantity at this point
i taught my girlfriend to drive mine, and she learned faster than me lol
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #17
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
My lady never really had issue driving my old 240..

but 1 time on the freeway the butterfly broke on the throttle body and instead of her puttin it in 1st gear and letting the idle move the car, she throws it in first start the car, then dump the clutch so it jerks forward vigorously instead of moving forward smoothly.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
i<3mys13

i<3mys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
this was a funny thread and good read thanks guys for your stories now ill think twice before letting my girl drive my coupe
camryonbronze congrats on the feature i walked into starter bros and had to buy it i look at it all the time still lol

Last edited by i<3mys13; 02-11-2011 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: typo
i<3mys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #19
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thats pretty bad ass. Great story. I don't know if I could get mad at my girl if she wrecked my car trying to drift, I know she would have it replaced if she did.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i let my little brother take me to mcdonalds once. while trying to reverse out of a spot, he let the car roll (in neutral) into the curb in front. yes with the moar low, bn and red paint. oh well. it's just a car. i'm not going to cry about it on zilvia or raise my car. just live to learn
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
picsbypenny
Zilvia Member

picsbypenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yea bro!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #22
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The one time I let my (at the time) girlfriend drive my car, she got it impounded. Then, she happened to be leaving for Hawaii the next day.

sick.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't let anyone ever drive my cars... however.

I gave the keys to the S14 to my GF after we were together for a few years... she gave me a look of confused honor. I might as well have proposed at that point, because that was basically when she knew I love and trust her!!

She currently has a EVO 9 MR and buys everything herself and does the research to know whats best, and what she likes personally. I have also taught her how to drive with a Twin Plate Un-Sprung Clutch!!

So we are clear... we have been together for 9 years now!!

-Drew
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
The one time I let my (at the time) girlfriend drive my car, she got it impounded. Then, she happened to be leaving for Hawaii the next day.

sick.
She lives here now?
speedgod^s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #25
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
My girl drives my Rhd Silvia just fine. She's a good driver and loves the feeling of the boost.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #26
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ive offered, my gf likes to ride shotgun, her add is way to active for her to drive stick (her words not mine). She comes to track days and films from the passenger seat while we drift, all in all a good time, ive tried to get her to learn to drift, i even bought a s13 in good working order with a ka and coils for her and she had me sell it.

idk why but she just prefers to have me drive and she likes to go fast as long as im the one in control.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #27
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't even like when my girl wants to ride with me cause i have to drive normal. So trying to teach her how to drive in a car with a slipping old azz clutch ain't gonna happen.
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #28
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
I don't let anyone ever drive my cars... however.

I gave the keys to the S14 to my GF after we were together for a few years... she gave me a look of confused honor. I might as well have proposed at that point, because that was basically when she knew I love and trust her!!
I usually end up in a similar situation where a gf will beg to drive the car. None of them have earned my trust enough, but one day it'll happen.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3mys13 View Post
camryonbronze congrats on the feature i walked into starter bros and had to buy it i look at it all the time still lol
lol thanks man!

I don't think I have let anyone drive my 240 yet, but I can't remember... aside from the guys at the dyno shop. I have a couple family members on the list that have not had a shot to yet...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #30
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Let my Ex drive my car at one point. Was really surprised that she got it down way quicker then I did when I learned.
Unfortunately, she did crack my oil pan, she learned really quick the clutch isnt the break.
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote