Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Megan Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator

On the verge of buying this kit since I've read they function well and forum members here praise it, but every model I see online says "for non-turbo engines only" (I have an SR). Where are you guys buying these kits? Also, just to confirm, these are 1:1 ratio fpr's correct?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Tomei/SARD or Aeromotive is what I use.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I would highly recommend NOT cheaping out on such a vital component. Also, since it says "non turbo only" perhaps you should not use it on a turbo engine.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Tomei seems like the next best option. Does it already come with all necessary fittings?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I greatly recommend you spend the money on a higher end model. I have a cheaper Circuit Sports FPR in my car, and in the winter time... its not so much. The diaphragm/valve gets sticky in the cold and causes extreme rich conditions. Also, since the diaphragm sticks, the motor wont start until it has fully and properly pressurized.

Within the next few months I am happily swapping it out for an Aeromotive unit. I ran an Aeromotive FPR in my last 240 with ZERO issues! none! zip! zilch! The first time Ive ever had any sort of fuel pressure/priming issues has been with my cheaper Circuit Sports model (of which I bought as a band aid as I run a pretty much stock setup and 60psi sucks when running a walbro).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
s14SRguy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s14SRguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that^

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I would highly recommend NOT cheaping out on such a vital component. Also, since it says "non turbo only" perhaps you should not use it on a turbo engine.
and this ^^

check it homie:

http://www.frsport.com/index.php?tar...sure+regulator

bite the bullet and get something more expensive, you wont regret it. The Tomei FPR isn't that much more expensive.
s14SRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Get Tomei.

The problem with the megan unit, is it's not linear rate. You need a linear rate FPR. What that means is that rail pressure goes up 1 psi for every psi of manifold pressure. This maintains a constant difference in pressure between the manifold and the rail, allowing the injectors to fire consistently under boost. This is why it says "for non turbo only"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #8
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
What about this brand? any feedback on it?

http://www.frsport.com/Tomioka-Racin...-_p_21140.html
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote