Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #631
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
I had a dream that I broke my swaybar from being too low and hitting some shit, hahaha.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #632
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
I had a dream that I broke my swaybar from being too low and hitting some shit, hahaha.
Nah man, that shit is pretty strong.

Here's what happens.

You will hit whatever it is with the T/C rod brackets, which are sloped downwards, so it sort of launches your car up a little bit, then it hits your sway bar's very bottom, scuffing them. Then you land.

That's how it happens, so your sway bar shouldn't really hit anything like head on.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #633
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
My swaybar is broken.
Well the ends are, maybe they just popped out or something but they're not connected to the control arms, it just sits under the car doing nothing.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #634
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
unless its a raised man hole and you decide to strattle it
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #635
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
By the way, does anyone know a place that sells low-profile scissor jacks? I've been trying to find one that's about 3" or lower.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #636
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
We had to use a scissor jack to get my friend's 05 Mustang high enough to slip my low profile Harbor Freight alum. jack underneath his pinch weld, so I'm sure that the scissor jack from a new Mercury Mariner will do the trick.

It's pretty cool as the wrenches you need to turn the scissor jack just snaps onto a couple of holding tabs, so everything you need is on the jack itself, and you can just slip that into the stock scissor jack spot on the 240 for ease of carrying it around with you.

So... I'd say, see if you can go into a junkyard and look for the scissor jack from a newer Mercury Mariner.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #637
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i already broke a sway bar, endlinks, and ac pulley from being too low...
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #638
headup240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
headup240 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to headup240
I bottomed out hard the other day and now my car overheats. and about the dreaming.... i always dream that i trade my car for a p.o.s. and almost cry cuz i want my car back. lolz
headup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #639
headup240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
headup240 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to headup240
i dunno if this counts.

same car
headup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #640
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews

Perfect stance(to me at least).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #641
SoSideways
Post Whore!

^ You could use a chuki SE lip
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #642
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Nah, I already have a brand new Xenon sitting in the garage.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #643
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
These are pretty old pics but its just as low. If i dont hit the driveway just right my exhaust scrapes. Oh and i had just got my hatch spoiler, with my lip and the wheels= Battle mode! JIC w00t

89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #644
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Nah, I already have a brand new Xenon sitting in the garage.

Oh snap, congrats!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #645
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
We had to use a scissor jack to get my friend's 05 Mustang high enough to slip my low profile Harbor Freight alum. jack underneath his pinch weld, so I'm sure that the scissor jack from a new Mercury Mariner will do the trick.

It's pretty cool as the wrenches you need to turn the scissor jack just snaps onto a couple of holding tabs, so everything you need is on the jack itself, and you can just slip that into the stock scissor jack spot on the 240 for ease of carrying it around with you.

So... I'd say, see if you can go into a junkyard and look for the scissor jack from a newer Mercury Mariner.
That sounds cool, too bad I didn't check this thread until now since I posted that question. Today I bought a regular scissor jack and I pried off the top part, without it it's about 7cm tall. Can't complain though, now it fits great under the factory jack points when I slip it in through the wheel well behind the side skirt. I disliked having to take off the skirts every time I wanted to switch wheels, now I can finally do it quickly and anywhere. Car needs to go lower though, 205/45/17 is not cool.

Last edited by Matej; 09-04-2008 at 05:11 PM..
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #646
jh3xp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant futurejh3xp has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

Perfect stance(to me at least).
Wow this car is perfect. Just fix those dents on your door.
Do you have any action shots?
jh3xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #647
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Dropping the front tomarrow and raising the back alittle.
lol

240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #648
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240drifter1 View Post
Dropping the front tomarrow and the back alittle.
lol

fixed.......
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #649
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
lmfao

I have R34 GTR wheels going on, so im not to sure how that would work out. lol
Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #650
marios13
Zilvia Member

marios13 has made poor choicesmarios13 has made poor choicesmarios13 has made poor choicesmarios13 has made poor choicesmarios13 has made poor choicesmarios13 has made poor choices
looks good. really nice. but here's a question what about the fender lining? did you keep it or removed it?
and 240esux what size spacers you used in the front? for that +35 off set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240esux View Post
i know i know, they're sportmax. but i made them fit decent and they are cheap drift wheels. maybe when the funds are there i'll get some ballin wheels. anyways
18x9.5 all around
apexi coils 2 collars removed in the front
and maxed out the rears with collars still on
-3 degrees of camber up front and stock links in the rear.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #651
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh3xp View Post
Wow this car is perfect. Just fix those dents on your door.
Do you have any action shots?
No action shots.

The door dent was all thanks to a fucking hit and run asshole right in front of my house.

Car was dent free prior to that.

New door in the garage going on pretty soon.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #652
artdrifter
Zilvia Member

artdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point

what kind of wheels are those
artdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #653
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Rotas

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #654
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
p45's but there's an "identify this" thread stuck in the tech section braahhhh
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #655
initial D
Leaky Injector

initial D is an unknown quantity at this point
initial D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #656
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

a little dark but you can still c!!
s13.dark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #657
s13_jesse
Leaky Injector

s13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the roughs13_jesse is a jewel in the rough
got me some rims a few days ago along with the kouki areo
one collar removed in front on stances

gotta get smaller tires up front.
s13_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #658
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Holy fuck me I love it. The grenades especially look awesome with the kouki aero.

I have about a finger between my sideskirt and the ground.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #659
kawika219
Zilvia Member

kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
any of you guys cut the front tow hooks? i just noticed that i have a huge dent on my frame from where it looks like the tow hook bottomed out. and my S14 is not that low.
thats what destroyed my s13. i smashed into a curb and the tow hook got caught and ripped the front frame rails...fail
kawika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #660
nismo racer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
nismo racer is making a name for him/her selfnismo racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

i had it lower but my exhaust kept scraping

PEGASUS
nismo racer is offline   Reply With Quote