Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
0kami
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
0kami is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 0kami
help wheels

can someone show me an example or pics of 17x7.5 with 32mm offset? im trying to get this setup if it looks decent.

The most interesting, most challenging, and scariest times are those that bring one dramatic change after another.
deviantART
0kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Do you have any other options? 7.5 and +32 are both on the weak side especially in that combination
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
0kami
Zilvia Member

16x7" +40mm Rota GT-3 spacers?
I just dont have cash for a good set of wheels right now, im only going for this deal cause of free shipping and i can buy by pairs which is really good for me at this time. But I mean, if someone knows of a better deal that im not aware of let me know please. My other option was the Falken Hanabi 17x7.5 32mm offset wheel, $145 each. Tires are gonna be a problem though

The most interesting, most challenging, and scariest times are those that bring one dramatic change after another.
deviantART
Old 02-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
don't the gt3's only come in 4x100? ...i dunno, but i would just save my money if i were you.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsol
don't the gt3's only come in 4x100? ...i dunno, but i would just save my money if i were you.
they come in our offset now

deviantART
Old 02-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #6
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
You mean our BOLT-PATTERN. Offset is still 40.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #7
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
our offsets? you mean our PCD
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
our offsets? you mean our PCD
sorry I was on the phone, was not thinking right

deviantART
Old 02-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #9
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Get good wheels or no wheels at all.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #10
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
I would honestly recommend getting some used wheels. 16x7 no more than +25 would be the MINIMUM I would accept on my car. 16x8 +20 or so would be your best bet if you liek 16's. Check the group buys, they have a nice little deal going on for that size
Old 02-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #11
DocTaDrifT
Zilvia Addict

DocTaDrifT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to DocTaDrifT Send a message via AIM to DocTaDrifT
yea it dont think you should get those GT3s they look good on civics and stuff but not 240s
Old 02-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #12
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
they actually do look good on 240's, they're the gab knock-off's, but the offset is horrible. once again, i suggest that you save your money.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #13
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsol
they actually do look good on 240's, they're the gab knock-off's, but the offset is horrible. once again, i suggest that you save your money.
and get what?... I cant even find USED wheels under the 600 price range, let alone a good deal which allows me to buy in quantity. The only thing i can think of is probbaly kosei k1s but where can i buy those by quantity?

deviantART
Old 02-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #14
DocTaDrifT
Zilvia Addict

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=68751
they are NEW and only 600
Old 02-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #15
wootwoot
Post Whore!

^^^ what I was talking about. Some Enkei's come in decent sizes as well.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #16
DocTaDrifT
Zilvia Addict

yea and good cheap used wheels for for sale here on zilvia all the time
Old 02-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #17
d-ta

d-ta is an unknown quantity at this point
www.wheelreplicas.com

they have 4-lug 16x8 +15 for $499! => http://www.wheelreplicas.com/cobrar4lug.htm
Old 02-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #18
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
you want quality right? well then dont go with rota. rota's do look nice but they are shitty. hit a curb and watch your rims shatter. mount the wheels on your car and drop it and watch a spoke crack. haha yeah sounds ghetto but its true. has happend to me before. well yeah just get some wheels on wheelmax.com or something. dont get rota though.

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #19
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier
you want quality right? well then dont go with rota. rota's do look nice but they are shitty. hit a curb and watch your rims shatter. mount the wheels on your car and drop it and watch a spoke crack. haha yeah sounds ghetto but its true. has happend to me before. well yeah just get some wheels on wheelmax.com or something. dont get rota though.
i really want those gt3's, aside from quality, and im sure im not going to be humping any curbs, what would you guys do in my situation??? run adapters?

deviantART
Old 02-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #20
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kami
i really want those gt3's, aside from quality, and im sure im not going to be humping any curbs, what would you guys do in my situation??? run adapters?
wait, save, and buy something better.

seriously, be paitent and you'll find yourself a nice set of used wheels in a decent offset within your budget. Just b/c you can't find them today doesn't mean they don't exist.

as for the Kosei's you mentioned before...
Custom Machined Kosei K1's
but it's over your $600 limit
Old 02-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #21
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
The lowest price you are probably going to find on your Rota wheels:
http://www.machiii.net/wheels/GT-3.html

I've seen these with 15mm wheel spacers on a 240SX and it doesn't look bad. It is kinda small and narrow looking but hey, its cheap.

Run them with the +40 offset and you will look really stupid though.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #22
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
I was looking at some wheelmax/excel wheels as extra drift wheels. Any negative feedback on them? You can't really beat 17" for only $105 each, even if it is only 7" wide.
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:15 PM   #23
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
isn't T 3 selling konig wannatanabe;s 15X7 +0 remakes for like 120 bucks
vvtisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:36 PM   #24
SoCalSilvia
Zilvia Addict

SoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura aboutSoCalSilvia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to SoCalSilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ta
holy crap... thats a great find. Do you have those rims? Or does anyone on here have them? 17x9 +18 in 4x114.3 is exactly what I want for my S14(minus the centercap haha). Those "Cobra R" are only $640 shipped for a set! Is it just me or is that a sick deal for us 4-luggers? Or am I missing something here? Because I can never find anything in that size/offset in 4-lug, especially at that price.
SoCalSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #25
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking the exact same thing for the 16x8 in 5 lug i have been looking for a cheap set for awhile now!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:14 PM   #26
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ROMAN
I was looking at some wheelmax/excel wheels as extra drift wheels. Any negative feedback on them? You can't really beat 17" for only $105 each, even if it is only 7" wide.

how about 115 each for 17x9?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #27
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
uh where?
I'm probably gonna go with these Borbet wheels in 16x7.5 for $115 and paint em black. Tires are cheaper in 16" anyway.

Not to mention Tire Rack will mount and balance tires for free if you buy them at the same time.
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 AM   #28
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
dont know if this'll help, but heres my 17x8 35mm ofset.

Last edited by s13silady; 10-23-2007 at 09:14 AM..
s13silady is offline   Reply With Quote