Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
anyone ever try

has anyone ever tried vinyling there roof a different color? im just curious on how it would look if i were to try it with black gloss vinyl. i know its getto but i noticed that some d1 drivers cars are just vinyled instead of painted.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vinyl not vynal.

Rattlecan's aren't that expensive. Just paint it. I highly doubt you're going to find a piece of vinyl to do the whole roof, so you'll have to piece it together. Seams aren't cool.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You want vinyl...ask chmercer, his whole car was vinyled once. But like ThatGuy said, youd be better off painting it cuz itll be cheaper than trying to lay vinyl on the whole car. Not sure how long itll last till the sun starts beating on it, fading and peeling it off.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
that guy i edited the word vinyl right after i posted so you didnt have flame me.

and im not planning to vinyl the whole car im just thinking about doing the roof cause it would be cheaper than painting it also i looked at the roof and above the door molding there are two black strips of vinyl so im going to try it. i was just curios if someone did this instead of painting. id do rattle can but would look like ass and i have a place to get large pices of vinyl for pretty cheap.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
vinyl wrap is expensive, its not a regular vinyl. its not the ones like you get for stickers. that is if u want to make it look good. the vinyl thats made for that has grooves for easy applications to take the air bubbles out since its such a big piece. it will cost you around 100-150 for the roof. unless u find a good deal, better than mine that is.

if you wanted to vinyl wrap your car it would be around a grand or more. i got quoted 1200 for my car and thats without application.

spray painting a roof is also hard, makes it look like crap. thats how mine is.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
kerosinek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kerosinek is on the path to ruinkerosinek is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you guys think of a vinyl of a dragon with some crazy flames on the side of my car?
kerosinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
struka
Zilvia Member

u shouldnt care what we think, if it is ur style and u like then do it.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
ZX88
Post Whore!

i was just wondering if someone here has done it to there car.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
struka
Zilvia Member

oh, i was talking to kerosinek not u on that last post.
i will let u know when i will do it, its either that or something else that i been thking of.