Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
is this a good deal (tires)

well im about to order my 17x8 and went to my local discount tires to see how much the tire would cost the guy told me to get 225/45r17 91w General Exclaim uhp at $119 each. Does anyone nowthe qualitiy of these tires? The guy also qouted me for full intalation lugnuts and locks alinment, mounting, and road hazard for $627.

my car is also lowered on sportlines with gr2 so do i need spacers and will the tire rub?
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
For that price per tire, you can get tires that we have actually heard of.
Federal
Yokohama
Dunlop
Falken
Old 08-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
wow

talk about getting BOWED up

your tire shop is pretty wack

just buy tires online

discounttiredirect.com has good prices free shipping

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
cgguy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
cgguy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
General Exclaim UHP aren't bad tires. Unlike a lot of the newer cheap-o tires (like Federal) that are made in China General is an American manufacturer owned by Continental Tire.

They actually did pretty well in a lot of tire reviews I've read. Thing is that's not a great price them. I'd sooner go with some Falken 451's, Azenis or Yoko AVS es100's for that money. Like A Spec said, buy online and save big bucks. It's the best way to go imo.

All that other stuff sounds a bit odd. Why is he charging you for lugnuts? and why is he assuming you want wheel locks? I also doubt he'll be doing an alignment....more likely balancing. Sounds like a bonehead to me.
cgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
go with a better brand, and what is your wheel offset? thats what will decide if tires rub/need spacers.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i just bought some yokohama es100's in that same size for a couple bucks cheaper a tire.

i got mine from discount tire.... but for the best deals go to tirerack.com (i needed my tires that day and discount tire is just down the street from me)
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
you said you went to a DT right? well, go to DT online, order tires with free shipping, and bring it to a DT to mount and balance...you get huge discounts on mounting and balancing if you buy the tires through them online (same deal with tirerack, but theyre prices tend to suck more)...just try and do everything you can yourself...you dont have a tire machine or hunter balancer so leave that for the shop...buying the tires, lugnuts, wheel locks, etc. you can do on your own...youll save a lot more...as stated before, for that money per, there are many better choices out there...
Old 08-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgguy
They actually did pretty well in a lot of tire reviews I've read. Thing is that's not a great price them. I'd sooner go with some Falken 451's, Azenis or Yoko AVS es100's for that money.
451s are discontinued

452s replaced it, but they are decently more expensive than the 451s

yokohama es100s arent very good imo (maybe for daily drive its acceptable)

i still stand behind federal 595s

thats my jam right there

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
General Exclaims... lol, ALLL SEAZZZZONNNZZZ

FK452s are a real nice tire, edge racing should have them for like 110$ or something.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
the generals you want are $78 a piece at tire rack. also tire rack rates them as an ultra high performance summer tire.....not all season
Old 08-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
theyre M+S tires. lol. read the sidewall

general = dumpster city
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Hailtothesilvia
Zilvia Junkie

Hailtothesilvia is making a name for him/her selfHailtothesilvia is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Hailtothesilvia
Dunlop Direzza, best drift tires ever

i had a pair for 8 months in the front, never chunk, 6 events, and gripped consistently even w/ wear

I'm currently running ST115, been having them for 3 months now and i am very happy w/ them

Anyone has any input on Kumho SPT????? my roommate's owning a pair in the front right now said that he had no understeering issue even w/ mid 3rd gear entry turn. They're pretty cheap too, less than $100 bucks shipped from Discountires for 225/45/17

TAOspeedwagon II
Hailtothesilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
theyre M+S tires. lol. read the sidewall

general = dumpster city
thats just what Tire Rack says. ive never even seen the tires in person.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
Wouldn't he be better off getting a 215-45-17 or a 235-40-17 instead of the 225-45-17 just so he won't be so off in the overall diameter. PLus I think the 225-45 has too tall of a sidewall at least IMO
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
225/45/17 Falken Azenis RT-615

$117 each IIRC
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #16
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
ok so i guess ill be buying some tires online also my wheel specs are sportmax 006 17x8 offset +35mm. i think that the sportmax rim require special lugnut or in gerneral tuner lug nuts. i dont really need a drift tire cause i daily drive this car so i want something that will be barable to drive on the street.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

eh yeah the tire debate could go on forever

tires are like jimmy hats
each person has their favorite
some fit some people some dont
some perform different under different conditions
if you use one and dont like it, you just get another and try it

so that being said, youll never know till you try

just use a tire that fits in your budget and driving style

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #18
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
so Logan.... I don't like ANY tires, right?

oh I amuse myself.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #19
ZX88
Post Whore!

ok so here are some tires i found at distcounttiredirect.com all 225/45-17

Falken :

GR Beta FK-451 225/45ZR-17 91Y B
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...53&rd=17&ar=45

Ziex ZE-512 225/45ZR-17 94W REIN

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...51&rd=17&ar=45

KUMO TIRES

Ecsta SPT 225/45R-17 94Y XL B

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...19&rd=17&ar=45

NITO TIRES

NT NeoGen ZR 225/45ZR-17 94W BLK

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...18&rd=17&ar=45
Old 08-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #20
Macadoshus
Zilvia Member

Macadoshus is making a name for him/her selfMacadoshus is making a name for him/her self
Might still be able to get the Falken 451's, I managed to get a pair a few days ago from my distributor.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #21
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
discount tire blows. Edge has all their tire selection for 15$ cheaper.

edge racing for the cheaper stuff.

Tire Rack for the ritzy Advan/Bridgestone stuff.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #22
ZX88
Post Whore!

edge has cheaper tires but no free shipping DT is still cheaper.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #23
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
so Logan.... I don't like ANY tires, right?

oh I amuse myself.
ding ding ding! no pun intended

oh brian i can always count on you for the laughs

no rubbage no rubbahs drift team!

also, to stay on topic

i think i saw some 225/45/17 on special on Tirerack, so you might want to check their specials as well

goodyear GS-D3...oh on second glance, its for 215/45/17s, but eh if i had 17x8 id rather run 215s but thats just me

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/goodyear/goodyear.jsp

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 08-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #24
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Hmm for that 215 I would like a 40 wall more but it depends on what the specs of the tire say as each brand is different from the other. I run 215/45/17 continentials on a 17x7.5 and its a good stretch already... I myself wont put them on 8's but thats your call.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #25
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
vulcantire as an alternative

if you're not gonna drive the car hard at all, just get the cheapest tires possible, shoot
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #26
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC
Hmm for that 215 I would like a 40 wall more but it depends on what the specs of the tire say as each brand is different from the other. I run 215/45/17 continentials on a 17x7.5 and its a good stretch already... I myself wont put them on 8's but thats your call.
215/45/17 on a 7.5 is NOT a stretch bro

215/45/17s on 17x9s all day urrday

and now that i run the chubbier federal 595s the stretch isnt as apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optionzero
if you're not gonna drive the car hard at all, just get the cheapest tires possible, shoot.
True dat in the hoo dat.

For my beater I run $29 tires...195/60/14 babyyyy

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 08-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
as Rogan-san said...

17x9 on Federal SS595 215/45 17
Old 08-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #28
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justified2.4
as Rogan-san said...

17x9 on Federal SS595 215/45 17
its a cali thang babehhhhh

throw up the W!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #29
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products

For my beater I run $29 tires...195/60/14 babyyyy
how wide are those wheels and do they stretch any? Im thinking maybe a 6" wheel and you should run a 225 so that there isnt too much stretch
Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #30
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
es100 are very heavy tires just a fact for you. i compare two tires that are 205 45 16 and es100 weighs more than dunlop sp9000, But es100 have harder sidewalls.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote