Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #31
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I hit a wall at irwindale. The impact was on my left rear rota p45r. It was a hard enough hit to make my car catch some air.

Wheel is still straight and working fine.

www.subydude.com and Joseph are great people to deal with.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #32
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
p45r (rear)

Keep in mind my fenders are pulled 1.25" to fit my old gram lights. Would be perfect Fd fitment on stock body.

Same offset on FC

Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #33
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ finally someone else with actual experience...

too many people with no first hand knowledge spreading ignorant and unsupported opinions in this thread.

mods, close this please?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #34
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What about the +15's?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #35
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just saw this online. yes they are advans

I am not saying knockoffs are great and its just not right to copy someone elses design. Replacing oem bbs, rays wheels are just stupid.
I have works on my car and i would also rock knockoff wheels if the price is right. . I am sure rota have some sort of safety testing for their wheels, or else they would be out of business right?

Last edited by markyboi; 02-13-2008 at 04:02 AM..
Old 02-13-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
These are really popular wheels in the UK. Probably the most popular wheels seen on our cars. If this price was for the UK market, it would be extremely good!!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #37
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
P.S. Whoever removes the factory Rays on their Suby to install a set of Rota's outta have their head examined anyways.[/quote]

I remember when u first said that.. Funny shit
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #38
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
i have a friend who has an e46 m3 who replaced his oem wheel with some adr wheels...pathetic

he also put borla exhaust and painted his oem calipers baby blue

i stopped hanging out with him after ruining that car.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #39
Off Da Heezy

Off Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choicesOff Da Heezy has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What about the +15's?
x2

has anyone sent in their deposits yet?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #40
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
where the fuck are the 17x9 torques goddamnit.

all the ones i found are in the uk or some shit.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #41
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELS@Subydude View Post
We at Subydude.com/Wheeldude.com certainly do not have an ego. I mentioned we were the first Vendor on Zilvia to sell/custom order the P45 wheels. A couple years ago we did a large number of group buys for Zilvia members and got them some awesome wheels/colors that aren't normally offered in these wheels.

We did have a successful group buy for the 4 lug P45's and we are looking to start another. We are no longer a vendor on this forum so I will not be posting any more info in this thread. I just wanted to clarify a few things for everyone.

-Dan
Too bad you couldnt get me Torques in 17x9,5 et12.. white.
But for the ppl who can get awesome rotas in the us now, this is nice

And for the record, my rotas weigh less than the originals..
Old 02-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #42
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
why start a buy in a size like that? +30?

if ur gonna have rota make you wheels to ur specific size, offset and color do it right and think about the future as when you wanna sell ur whels.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #43
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
why start a buy in a size like that? +30?

if ur gonna have rota make you wheels to ur specific size, offset and color do it right and think about the future as when you wanna sell ur whels.
he said he could get lower offsets
Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #44
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
I love how everyone hates on knockoffs like sportmax and rota, yet time and time again are used on the track and perform fine. I see them everywhere, sponsored cars and non sponsored cars, street cars and race cars.

Heavy or not, tons of people use them and they are fine for any use. I feel like people who hate cheap wheels just because they are cheap are in their own bandwagon. And Oh i know, they're not stong and blah blah blah... yea ok, in a head on collison or into a curb. Maybe they are bitter because people who have knockoff wheels pay considerably less, while getting the look they want, and end up having no problems with them... and ordinary people usually can't even tell the difference between whats real and whats a knockoff. Its funny that many think (especially the narrow minded on here) their opinion can change or stop this, but its only going to grow.

Its your own car, make your own decision...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #45
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo2Forty View Post
I love how everyone hates on knockoffs like sportmax and rota, yet time and time again are used on the track and perform fine. I see them everywhere, sponsored cars and non sponsored cars, street cars and race cars.

Heavy or not, tons of people use them and they are fine for any use. I feel like people who hate cheap wheels just because they are cheap are in their own bandwagon. And Oh i know, they're not stong and blah blah blah... yea ok, in a head on collison or into a curb. Maybe they are bitter because people who have knockoff wheels pay considerably less, while getting the look they want, and end up having no problems with them... and ordinary people usually can't even tell the difference between whats real and whats a knockoff. Its funny that many think (especially the narrow minded on here) their opinion can change or stop this, but its only going to grow.

Its your own car, make your own decision...
You totally swayed me with your argument.

I am going to start buying knockoff wheels because I only care about the looks and not the performance aspect of things. I forgot, I only buy rims for its appearance and not its actual characteristics.

Screw the engineering behind the wheels, I'm probably not going to notice the difference anyway! It's a lot better to have lesser quality wheels so the real companies who put real R&D behind their brands will price their rims less!

It will actually help the industry for me to buy cheap knock off brands. Since more people with limited technology can offer me mediocre wheels for prices that I can afford. Who cares about the big brand names, I'd much rather have them file for bankruptcy.

Now I'm off to the swap meet to buy my girlfriend a knockoff Gucci bag for valentines and get myself some knockoff Nike's. Maybe I'll even buy a Vii.

Nobody can tell the difference right?

PS Someone remind me to put on some GT-R badges and an Autozone spoiler so I can strike fear into anyone who wants to race me! HAR HAR! HAR!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #46
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Nismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymoreNismo2Forty is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post
You totally swayed me with your argument.

I am going to start buying knockoff wheels because I only care about the looks and not the performance aspect of things. I forgot, I only buy rims for its appearance and not its actual characteristics.

Screw the engineering behind the wheels, I'm probably not going to notice the difference anyway! It's a lot better to have lesser quality wheels so the real companies who put real R&D behind their brands will price their rims less!

It will actually help the industry for me to buy cheap knock off brands. Since more people with limited technology can offer me mediocre wheels for prices that I can afford. Who cares about the big brand names, I'd much rather have them file for bankruptcy.

Now I'm off to the swap meet to buy my girlfriend a knockoff Gucci bag for valentines and get myself some knockoff Nike's. Maybe I'll even buy a Vii.

Nobody can tell the difference right?

PS Someone remind me to put on some GT-R badges and an Autozone spoiler so I can strike fear into anyone who wants to race me! HAR HAR! HAR!
Thats cool, I was waiting for a ton of responses like this.

Gt-r badge and a spoiler, random but ok, if that makes you feel better.

I'm not saying for top performance, maybe 2% on this forum would gain something from top quality brands. Many knockoffs you barely can tell the difference. Some knockoffs, yes, because they are considerably heavier than others, but others, no difference, especially since we aren't all pros here, well some think so.

And you talk about performance... haha. Look at the sizing on this forum with real volks and works. Hardly for performance. Theres more to it than brand of wheel. Your really not making an argument.

Ok, so i like the look of rotas, or i can get the nismos for twice as much. Hmm, i have an 240 thats worth under 4000 (if that) with all suspension mods. So i pick the rotas, drive around for a year or 2, occasionally letting loose on the car, take it to the track acouple times. The wheels are still together and i enjoyed the look and they weren't too heavy. Sell them and move on. Whats the point of getting butthurt on the internet, like who needs you to tell them they are an ass for getting a knockoff wheel for a crappy 240.

If you need perfection and top performance, good, buy the real deal from japan. Its like you guys have to prove something, and your not.

Yea i really need R&D for a wheel i drive to work on, or go drift for some kicks. Nothing happens to knockoff wheels, they hold up fine and life goes on, seriously.

I would buy a knock off gucci bag for my g/f. 10 bucks for her happiness and she likes it. OK.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #47
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Until she finds out it's fake and you're a cheap ass and dumps you for me, who can afford the real thing.

GT-R badge and vatozone wing was a potshot at your ricer excuse of looks > performance but thats ok. Most ricers don't know they're ricers until someone points it out to them. Stage 1 is denial btw.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #48
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Did I miss something?

Why does there need to be a group buy? They are already offered in that horrible fitment from rota. No need for a group buy, if people want them, they can buy them anywhere.

This just turned into a thread bashing, with random's jumping in/out.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 AM   #49
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post
Until she finds out you're a cheap ass and dumps you for me, who can afford the real thing.

GT-R badge and vatozone wing was a potshot at your ricer excuses of looks > performance but thats ok. Most ricers don't know they're ricers until someone points it out to them. Stage 1 is denial btw.
^ every thread has bashing in it... whats new.

haha, yea i guess I'm a ricer cause i post on this forum and i disagree with you. You should read the post, i discussed my view of looks and performance. I never said "I" as in me if your confused, prefer looks over performance, or prefer knockoffs. You can still increase performance with rotas, depending on size. Nevermind, yea they really hurt performance, haha... But dont ask me, looks like the guy at the top of this page, uses them for his drift car, and said, they are fine. Your repeating yourself with nothing worth stating.

My girlfriend doesn't care about money, theres more to life. And if you read correctly, I stated if she liked it, as in wanted me to buy it for her. Are you a kid or what? I don't know where you're trying to go with this, like whoever has the most money wins, haha. What a joke.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 AM   #50
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
he said he could get lower offsets

than why start a group buy in that horrible size when as stated above you can already buy them like that.

there was a thread like this back in the days where people actually got shit done and ordered them in a better size.

ask bushido.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #51
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

He's 'sponsored' by Rota so I'm not going to go ahead and take his word with a grain of salt. He's not gonna bite the hand that's feeding him.

Sorry but there are some people who would rather have peace of mind running a well made rim rather than having them break while driving hard, be ridiculed for wearing fake shit and help kill the industry.

I mean seriously, there are so many people here that put countless hours into modifying their cars and making everything right. Putting on a decent set of rims is the least you can do to insure that nothing will go wrong when you actually want to use your car.

Now if your idea of having an S chassis is a stop gap measure of trying to increase your popularity, just to say 'Yea I used to drift, this and that' then please get off the bandwagon as fast as you can. Because some people here, have more money invested into their cars than $4000, more hours than you can imagine and more heart than you'll ever have.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #52
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo2Forty View Post
Thats cool, I was waiting for a ton of responses like this.

Gt-r badge and a spoiler, random but ok, if that makes you feel better.

I'm not saying for top performance, maybe 2% on this forum would gain something from top quality brands. Many knockoffs you barely can tell the difference. Some knockoffs, yes, because they are considerably heavier than others, but others, no difference, especially since we aren't all pros here, well some think so.

And you talk about performance... haha. Look at the sizing on this forum with real volks and works. Hardly for performance. Theres more to it than brand of wheel. Your really not making an argument.

Ok, so i like the look of rotas, or i can get the nismos for twice as much. Hmm, i have an 240 thats worth under 4000 (if that) with all suspension mods. So i pick the rotas, drive around for a year or 2, occasionally letting loose on the car, take it to the track acouple times. The wheels are still together and i enjoyed the look and they weren't too heavy. Sell them and move on. Whats the point of getting butthurt on the internet, like who needs you to tell them they are an ass for getting a knockoff wheel for a crappy 240.

If you need perfection and top performance, good, buy the real deal from japan. Its like you guys have to prove something, and your not.

Yea i really need R&D for a wheel i drive to work on, or go drift for some kicks. Nothing happens to knockoff wheels, they hold up fine and life goes on, seriously.

I would buy a knock off gucci bag for my g/f. 10 bucks for her happiness and she likes it. OK.
Oh so you have a problem with people running 17x9 +12 or 18x9.5 +12? Or 18x10 ?Hmmm last time I checked that was pretty decent sizing, with plently of tire patch contact for performance

See if you want to be cheap with your wheels thats your issue. Though people have a right to an opinion and ideal and a lot of people would rather run the real wheel than a cheap knock off.

Some people like knowing they are purchasing quality. A lot of knock offs are not quality. Some people feel Rota's are not quality.

Fact is for the price the OP was gauging interest in the Rota's you could spend a few hundred more and get a quality wheel that was not a knock off.

See at that price point your argument fails as well,because those Rota's are not that cheap.

Now if your girlfriend found out your willing to give her a fake Gucci, I would be willing to bet she would not be happy.

See there is a difference between being frugal and being cheap. If you found her a quality present that was not as expensive as a Couch or Gucci but was nice then it would fall into the thought that counts catagory.

She would most likely appreciate it. Though when you stoop to buying a Fake knowing its a fake, well thats a big fail.

See in the end what you fail to understand here is some people are willing to pay for known quality. Rather than buying a knock off knowing it might be shitty.

Would you buy a fake Rolex and pose? Thats what your girlfriend would be doing with the fake Gucci.

P.S. you brought up the fake Gucci arguement and though you say your girl does not care about money I bet she cares about not looking like she is sporting fakes. Unless she is a punk rocker and then just totally wants to laugh and shock but somehow I feel she is not.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #53
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
WTF? you guys date girls that would brake up with you or give you shit about getting her a knock off?

man having a low maintenance gf kicks ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboi View Post
i just saw this online. yes they are advans
what your not saying or may not be obvious to you is that, that wheel broke on the track and probably broke while hopping a burr.

while rota's are known the brake while driving and not hitting anything, or even braking on speed bumps.

even if rota were to completely change its business plan and make quality shit our medium pimpin ass could afford the name still has a stigma against it. And no amount of reasoning and good words from pro drifters can change that.

shit at least sport max makes wheel of an asimilar design and not flat out copy .

http://www.sddrift.com/smfforums/index.php?topic=4728.0

while that particular incident was with a ADR manufactured Stern wheel i've seen it happen on rota's
Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #54
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
no seriously.

where are the damn 17x9 torques.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #55
Wulfpak
Leaky Injector

Wulfpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions are like ASSHOLES we all have them!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #56
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you fools that have no experience with the wheels need to just be quiet about talking about durability and safety. your opinion doesn't have any significance.

i'll copy and paste what i said in the last thread:

please.

how many of you have actually owned a set of P45R's?

they are <$900 a set, no shit they aren't the same quality as Nismo wheels...

but everyone makes it out as they wheels will just fall apart. get real.
you do get what you pay for, but P45's aren't going to spontaneously combust. The fact is, these wheels have been proven over and over to be made strong and durable. The Driftworks team has been running them for years on multiple cars with no failures whatsoever.

Life advice:
Form an opinion after you have had experience.
People that make blind assumptions are just that, blind.

I'm not saying this to stick up for the wheels I chose to buy. Yeah, they are knock off unoriginal design cast blah blah... but that fact is my 18x9.5's look good, weigh 22lbs, were custom fit for my car, and cost me next to nothing. try getting a wheel made to custom specs for cheaper... unless you want to be dirt spec and get Burt Reynolds SPL diamond racing steelies.

Nobody knocks CST's, Bee-R B5's, or Uras NS01's, how come?

I'm not proud that Rota is a knockoff company without a single original design, thats real wack in my book, and i'm not proud that they take profit away from the companies that pioneer in wheel design. But, for me they are a perfect combination of size, price, quality and appearance.

Coming from someone who actually has used the wheels, i'd take 3 sets of P45R's before 1 set of LMGT4's, but thats just me.

I'm not looking to shave every milisecond off my lap time to the grocery store, so i don't personally deem it necessary to spend 3 grand on 1 set of wheels, some of you may see where i'm coming from, some of you might need that forged monoblock wheel to get you to the mall that much faster.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #57
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Offset fails.

17x8.5 +4
18x9 +4

Or like drift wrote.

17x9 +12
18x9.5 +12

Either way price is way too much.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #58
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Agreed with bushido...

Its hilarious the shit people say on here... no real experience either.

Im assume their thinking process goes... Just once I saw a wheel that was a knockoff and it broke, not even knowing if it was in a crash or not. Now whenever "knockoff wheel" shows up > "Dude they are shit, they will break on speed bumps" haha, shut up. Seriously, if that was your experience with them, dont go flying over speed bumpers like a badass honda driver.

** Ha, thanks for all the positive rep for those who understand and can think realistically, its not worth it though because it will always be in the red, just because I have a logical opinion that doesn't always have to do with brand name stuff. And usually all these tough top +rep dudes are so close minded that they only ever give rep, negative rep i mean. Well unless its someone in their circle jerk. I mean "drift crew"

I actually like having negative rep. Keep it coming too, i know you guys still have plenty to give because i have an opinion. I LuV ReP BATTLEZZZZ!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #59
Nismo2Forty
Leaky Injector

Watch out -BAM HERPES!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #60
WHEELS@Subydude
Zilvia Member

WHEELS@Subydude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WHEELS@Subydude
MeSs - We can order 17x9 +12 Torques in 4x114.3 if we have at least 4 people interested. We currently have plenty of 17x9 Torques in stock that we ordered for BMW's, Subaru's, etc.. we just need a group of people and we can get the order rolling. I can't just order one custom set in this size but I'm willing to order them if there's interest. I still have to order more than 4 sets but I will cover those since I want to get this ordering going. 17x9's will not be $900 as the wheel isn't as large.

These aren't 16x8 Grids that cost $500, the rims are considerably larger and that is why the cost goes up. The prices also include free shipping within the US, that means they are out the door prices and that's all you pay. He also just listed a basic offset in the post, that doesn't mean we have to order that. If you guys agree to a low offset (like +12) then we can do that. Nothing is set in stone yet...

jrocslider - Yes we did a group buy for 4x114.3 wheels awhile back. Those wheels are now all sold out and in order to get more we have to start a group buy. You won't find these wheels unless you picked them up used.

irax - I'm sorry but Rotas are not known to break by just driving or going over speed bumps. The majority of the pictures posted are from owners sliding in to curbs or crashing in to other objects where the blunt force goes toward the wheels. There was an issue 3 years ago with Attack wheels in which they were all recalled and replaced. Since then there have not been any manufacture defects and the new wheels meet all JWL, ISO, and VIA Certification.

We also sponsor a few local race teams and they have had awesome success with the P45R and Torque R wheels. One of the teams is the GST Motorsports Impreza L which has won a majority of the AWD Unlimited events. They push their car insanely hard and hop many burrs without effecting the wheels.

If anyone has any questions you can msg us on AIM : wheeldudesales or DaSubyDude

-Dan

phone: (510) 651-2956
email: [email protected]
web: www.subydude.com
aim: DaSubyDude
Closed Thread