Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
[GoaTSLonG]
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
[GoaTSLonG] is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s14 Fuel management reccomendation for a KA-T

I'm an sr20 guy and have always used either an enthalpy tune or a power FC on my high powered s13's and an SAFC on my first s13 that was only running a t28 and 550's. I have been out of the Nissan loop for a couple years and I just picked up a 70k mile s14 and I'm gonna do my first KA-T. I'm gonna go with the JGS kit with the .48 turbine looking to make around 325whp low boost 375whp high boost. Meanwhile I'm gonna be building my spare KA and saving for a gt30r. anyways i'm rambling. I just wanna know what is everyone using for fuel management on a 350whp~ ka24de-t. Looking at the greddy e-manage but was wondering if a SAFC Neo would be sufficient until i put in the built motor and went standalone? Car will be daily driven and beat on, on the weekends. Any suggestions/experience welcomed
Old 07-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
http://www.nistune.com/ read the FAQ it'll answer all your questions.

This is what I just recently purchased and it kicks ass...
UNISA JECS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
[GoaTSLonG]
Zilvia Junkie

so that is sort of like hondata? I wonder if anyone in NY would know how to tune that or has any experience doing so?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GoaTSLonG] View Post
so that is sort of like hondata? I wonder if anyone in NY would know how to tune that or has any experience doing so?
Yea somewhat like Hondata....check the workshop link on the website and see if there is a tuner in yoru area.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
[GoaTSLonG]
Zilvia Junkie

no tuners any where near me
Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Nistune doesn't work for s14s does it?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Nistune doesn't work for s14s does it?
They now have the Type 4 board, so yes it does:

http://www.nistune.com/docs/NIStune_...stallation.pdf
Old 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
^^^shweet.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
that is. Has anyone actually used it though?

I didn't see a cost either.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
MangoDorifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
MangoDorifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Unisa Jecs is currently using NIStune on his s13 KA-T with great success. I plan on ordering mine for my S14 SR20DET very soon. It hasn't quiet caught on yet, but I'm sure it will as the word spreads!

Prices range from $400 for Type 1&2 and $420 for Type 3&4. That includes daughterboard and tuning software. You'll also need a Consult data cable which goes for $100 for serial or $110 for USB. So your looking at about $550 shipped to turn your stock ecu into a complete standalone unit. With the money saved, I can afford a new intake manifold, top feed injectors and fuel rail setup!
MangoDorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
people make the same horsepower on a ka-t with a t28

and they use like ebay manifolds and crap haha

why not save yourself money for now until you upgrade and piece together a kit
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
ECU tune period.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoDorifto View Post
Unisa Jecs is currently using NIStune on his s13 KA-T with great success. I plan on ordering mine for my S14 SR20DET very soon. It hasn't quiet caught on yet, but I'm sure it will as the word spreads!

Prices range from $400 for Type 1&2 and $420 for Type 3&4. That includes daughterboard and tuning software. You'll also need a Consult data cable which goes for $100 for serial or $110 for USB. So your looking at about $550 shipped to turn your stock ecu into a complete standalone unit. With the money saved, I can afford a new intake manifold, top feed injectors and fuel rail setup!
I sure am ......I paid 566.65 US currency for teh following

Nistune Individual License
Nistune Type 3 board
Board Installed (was free becasue they didn't have my stock .bin yet)
Consult Cable
EMS shipping (the most expensive they offer)
Old 07-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
They now have the Type 4 board, so yes it does:

http://www.nistune.com/docs/NIStune_...stallation.pdf
I haven't seen the Type 4 being for sale.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Ive been looking at Nistune also. I am selling my Emanage Ultimate to pay for it. But Im wondering cause I have an S-14 OBII ecu so Ive been watching the type 4 Board. I am still going to get it though. Seems really easy to set up also.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #16
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Type 4 Board is listed at $240

http://www.nistune.com/ordering.htm
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
Type 4 Board is listed at $240

http://www.nistune.com/ordering.htm
but thats in Australia $ which is still almost 1 for 1.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Any way to make this work if your Consult doesn't function? (Car was SOHC, swapped to DOHC and lost the ability to use it.)
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #19
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Any way to make this work if your Consult doesn't function? (Car was SOHC, swapped to DOHC and lost the ability to use it.)

you can wire a consult plug right into the ecu. jim wolf had to do it to my car teh day before asb since i either took mine out or lost it or something when i rerouted my body harness. now my consult plug comes right out of my ecu.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #20
MangoDorifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
MangoDorifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Yup, you'll just have to wire in another consult port into the ecu harness. This link is for an SR but finding the wiring diagram for the KA24DE shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/sr_s...6.consult_port
MangoDorifto is offline   Reply With Quote