Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Stolen Goods

Stolen Goods Report stolen cars, parts, girlfriends, etc.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Bsm_chich
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Bsm_chich is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The So Cal S-Chassis Owners Anti-Theft Initiative: SUSPICIOUS VEHICLES AND PERSON LOG

Remember, all post must follow section 1) Part B. through D.
Here's a reminder of what these sections entailed.

B) Any member that has witnessed any suspicious activity, must write a detailed report including the make, model, and any specific characteristic of the suspicious vehicle. The same for suspicious persons, there must be a detailed description of the individual, such as tattoos, hair color and style, height, weight, and any other specific characteristic. The report must also include a description of the actions and movements made by the suspicious vehicle and/or person.
C)If pictures/videos are taken of the suspicious vehicle and/or person they must be attached with your report.
D) All reports written must be in chronological order (date and the time the observation started to the time it ended) in case an arrest of the suspicious person is to be made in the event they attempted to or succeeded in stealing your 240sx.
Bsm_chich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
240_SeXy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
240_SeXy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm all for this but you have to take into consideration that some of the very own people in zilvia.net or the Facebook: Socal s-chassis are the same people stealing our cars it could also be the very own person we see in the meets their for they are going to read everything we post and are going to do the exact opposite of our plan I suggest hitting up broadfield for some alarms that's going to be the best choice and hide all the components and I mean HIDE also kill switches don't pay for shops its not so hard I wish someone would try to steal my s13 or my teams cars .
240_SeXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_SeXy View Post
I'm all for this but you have to take into consideration that some of the very own people in zilvia.net or the Facebook: Socal s-chassis are the same people stealing our cars it could also be the very own person we see in the meets their for they are going to read everything we post and are going to do the exact opposite of our plan I suggest hitting up broadfield for some alarms that's going to be the best choice and hide all the components and I mean HIDE also kill switches don't pay for shops its not so hard I wish someone would try to steal my s13 or my teams cars .
^^^YEP^^^... and you can also add the GPS SmartStart so you can track your car via Google Earth right from your smart phone. Not to mention it will text you if your alarm is triggered and give you the ability to control the functions of the alarm right from your smart phone from any distance... across the country even.

I would be willing to do a nice group buy if we had enough people. I could do a complete security setup that included a Viper 2-way security system, digital tilt sensor, glass break sensor, battery backup and the GPS SmartStart. You could also do an optional motion sensor... which is especially nice for the verts.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Toby I would be VERY interested in such a groupbuy. Every time I've priced out such things, it ends up being like $800 PLUS a $30-40 monthly service charge for GPS tracking.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Toby I would be VERY interested in such a groupbuy. Every time I've priced out such things, it ends up being like $800 PLUS a $30-40 monthly service charge for GPS tracking.
Yeah, the GPS SmartStart is only $69/year. And gives you control of your Viper system from the phone.... which obviously a standard tracking system cannot do.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
240loco
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240loco is on the path to ruin240loco is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
+1 on that Group buy for sure.
240loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240loco View Post
+1 on that Group buy for sure.
Well heck, I'll have to get a preliminary package going. I'm thinking the:
  • Viper 3303V - 2-Way Security System
  • VSM250 - GPS SmartStart
  • 506T - Glass Break Sensor
  • 509U - Ultrasonic Sensor
  • 520T - Battery Backup
  • 507M - Digital Tilt Sensor

For $479 shipped... if I can get 10 people.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
240loco
Leaky Injector

240loco is on the path to ruin240loco is on the path to ruin
Come on 10 people for 479$ its a steal.
I'm down.
240loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
  • 520T - Battery Backup

Depending on the timing, I might be in. I don't get paid in another month or so.
Just wondering how difficult is the installation process? Manual/instructions will be provided?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #10
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
How much for just the GPS smart start ?
95_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
Depending on the timing, I might be in. I don't get paid in another month or so.
Just wondering how difficult is the installation process? Manual/instructions will be provided?
Installation isn't too bad... just take your time and test things as you go. I can provide any info that is needed for the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
How much for just the GPS smart start ?
$229 shipped.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #12
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
I may be in for this group buy if it happens
Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
I may be in for this group buy if it happens
It's going to happen tonight! I think I'm going to lower it to only 5 buyers needed.

I will post the direct link here once it's up.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
  • 520T - Battery Backup

What a price!
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #15
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i'd be down but not enough funds my tracking device will do for now.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #16
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
^ You should post more about your setup.

Protip - don't talk about security setups on a public forum.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
milto0n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
milto0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Honestly, I feel as though auto security also rests on the individual rather than the vehicle. I mean, one of the best security mechanisms is simply keeping things on the down low. By this I mean turning down your awesome sound system, not blowing off on people (turbo), considering mounting gauges in less obvious areas, and most importantly, not telling anyone what you have. It may be hard for some people to lie and say they are stock under the hood but it may save you your car. I know when anyone asks I say my motor is stock and I'm lowered on cut springs.
Another thing I noticed is stolen cars for sale. I can't say it enough but you should not let anyone know where you live. Even if it is to buy a part, you don't want random strangers to know where you live. Meet up at a local point of interest. You may be too lazy to go out but again you never know. My buddies Chevelle was stolen the same day he had some people at his house to check it out when it was for sale. Could have been avoided.
OP I think your idea is great and I fully support it. I don't mean to be cliche but an ounce of protection is better than ten pounds of the cure. With that said, keep it quite and be safe everyone.
milto0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Here it is!

http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/52373...group-buy.html

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Wow... what a steal honestly I would've preferred this than LoJack as LoJack isn't transferable to another car. :\
TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Didn't know where to post this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPod7WxhzYI
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #21
MableSoffer

MableSoffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
In the modern times, cell phones have become an essential part of our life. You will be out of fashion if you have no cell phone. One hand, you can send massages and make phones to your friends or your colleagues with phones at any time in any places. On the other hand, we will enjoy our life with it, such as listening to music, playing games, taking photos, recording a vedio, suffering the internet, etc. But more and more people are using cell phones at the expense of public interest. They talk aloud over the cell phones, the endless ringtones sounded everywhere. How to cope with the noises of cell phones in public has drawn public attentions in many places of the world. Do we have to force ourselves to listen to the noise generated by cell phones? Of course not, mobile phone signal jammer is a useful tool for us to deal with the noise pollution.I have bought one for my convenient life, so if you have the same problem with me, you can come to get one. You will find the cool of it.

Last edited by MableSoffer; 09-13-2013 at 09:45 PM..
MableSoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #22
drftfan
Leaky Injector

drftfan is a well-known jackass
Wtf troll... Get out of here hocking your cell phone crap
drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #23
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this appears to be a alarm Group buy thread rather than suspicious person thread.

/