Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
coilover springs

i was just wandering if these aerospeed coilover springs were any good they say that they fit over ur stock shocks. has anyone bought these and tell me if there good or bad and if im going to notice a difference while driving with them.

heres the link

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=1305
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
IES13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
IES13 is making a name for him/her selfIES13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would say don't even waste your money the these pieces of sht*ts! They are the same crap on ebay! If you want coilovers buy a real coilover setup, not sleeves...If money is any issue go buy after-market struts "KYB maybe" and lowing springs...Tein, Eibach, even Skunks2....etc...

Good luck!
IES13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
ground control = sleeve types, and those are really good.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #4
IES13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
IES13 is making a name for him/her selfIES13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Oh ya totally forgot about ground control...but personally I'll would still upgrade the struts for a much smooth ride.
IES13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
RPS13_SR20DET
Leaky Injector

RPS13_SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RPS13_SR20DET
Don't get them. My friends have them on his civic the sleeve crack on him after a couple of weeks.
RPS13_SR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #6
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
ground control sleeves are typically paired with custom Konis, and the whole system is matched to work together
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #7
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
well I wasnt saying these are good, im saying that its not the fact that they are sleeve type that makes them suckky.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #8
808DRFTR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
808DRFTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Save your money and get some coilovers. For the price I paid for a decent spring/strut combo a while back, I now got some coilovers (K-Sport) which I should have gotten way before.
808DRFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
coilover sleeves work good on 2 cars, ae86 and 240-280zs... since there isnt much aftermarket support out here for them, but for 240sx, you can take advantage of full coil over options. I suggest getting full coilovers, if you just want the basics, you can try purchasing used coilovers sometimes found in the classified section.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i think i might go with the eibach sportline lowering springs. but if i get these will i have to replace the struts or will they fit on the stock one till i get more money to buy some kyb struts.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
they'll "fit", but you never want to go aftermarket springs + stock struts. Stock struts are designed to work at stock height at stock rates. Changing that will lead to further wear and faster blowing.

I suggest you read up alot more on suspension before putting anything on your car, unless you just wanna be "lowered" for the sake of "being lowered"
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #12
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
also note that skunk2 are kinda shittzy...a customer came today...with konis yellow with skunk2 coilovers...he said the car was riding like crap..so i was like and checked it out...jacked the car up and barely peeked into the wheel to my horror saw that the spring had completly snapped in half and the top half ate the bottom half. like a hour ago i just pulled the skunk2 coilovers off my civic in fear that this might happen! FEAR!!!!! just a heads up for ya guys and felt like thread jacking mihoff.and out of exp from along time ago i bought a crap shit pair like those and threw them on my coupe since i couldnt afford real coilovers back then...it didnt even lower the car...made it bouncy as hell like i was rollin on bags that gone psycho ninja crazy. biggest waste of money.i pulled out my torch and flamed those suckers in half and a gazillion pieces.dont go cheap on ur suspension and end up like me being poor.if ur gonna do somethin...might as well do it right.
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote