Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #721
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Isn't this the same motor you pulled out of the Red SC300?

maybe the crank sensor mount got bent? That would explain why it runs like that if the sensor was wobbling in relation to the pickup... and would be independent of the things you've already tried.

Grasping at straws, but i'd just like to see you get this thing back on the road after what you've been through man!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #722
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:53 AM..
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #723
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:54 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #724
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #725
aga
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i know this topic is...whatever, but in the end, it's supposed to be a build thread, right?
aga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #726
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
i know this topic is...whatever, but in the end, it's supposed to be a build thread, right?
Technically Yes. But the gorgeous photography, well written posts and neat renderings make it a refreshing change and set it apart from the rest of the cookie cutter build threads.

Keep It up.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #727
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #728
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Technically Yes. But the gorgeous photography, well written posts and neat renderings make it a refreshing change and set it apart from the rest of the cookie cutter build threads.

Keep It up.
Glad you are enjoying it.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #729
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
I hope you did donuts in that Porsche.

Just sell your SC. They are a curse. I sold mine and have never been happier in the car sense
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #730
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
fuck that gt40 replica is amazing. id freak out if I saw it driving
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #731
drftngs14
Leaky Injector

drftngs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche's have been and always will be my favorite car, good to hear you got to drive the new one. 993s still are my favorites! Hope to hear good news on the SC
drftngs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #732
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, what a beauty.

I think you're right though... EVERYONE, even non-car people have a list of cars they'd like to drive
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #733
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:56 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #734
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
If anyone has experience with Tweak'd or their product a review would help a ton.
OB, my harness was originally done by Tweak'd in late summer/early fall of 2010 - which was before they started doing 'new' ready made-swap harnesses and all that stuff. Considering the price paid at the time, and the amount of work involved, I think I got a pretty solid deal.

The nice thing about my harness is that they offered an expedited service for those willing to pay the premium ($150, IIRC) and I received two or three phone calls as the harness was being worked on to update me of any unforeseen issues or to get my input on some different features they could have integrated.

All in all, my experience with them was nothing less than excellent, my only complaint would be the final cost of the harness, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $850 when it was all said and done.

Also, for what it's worth, as we discussed before, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a crack at your harness - if you can live with my schedule (chaotic) - for my own learning/entertainment/boredom. I still have the auto-JZX 1J harness in my garage, and can probably find most of the other connectors without hassle - from there, doing a harness from the ground up should be a trivial task.

Love you.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #735
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this thread.

Highly entertaining!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #736
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #737
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
OB, my harness was originally done by Tweak'd in late summer/early fall of 2010 - which was before they started doing 'new' ready made-swap harnesses and all that stuff. Considering the price paid at the time, and the amount of work involved, I think I got a pretty solid deal.

The nice thing about my harness is that they offered an expedited service for those willing to pay the premium ($150, IIRC) and I received two or three phone calls as the harness was being worked on to update me of any unforeseen issues or to get my input on some different features they could have integrated.

All in all, my experience with them was nothing less than excellent, my only complaint would be the final cost of the harness, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $850 when it was all said and done.

Also, for what it's worth, as we discussed before, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a crack at your harness - if you can live with my schedule (chaotic) - for my own learning/entertainment/boredom. I still have the auto-JZX 1J harness in my garage, and can probably find most of the other connectors without hassle - from there, doing a harness from the ground up should be a trivial task.

Love you.
Froseph E. Banks.
You are a pimp and a scholar.

Thanks for your help up til now I seriously couldn't pay for how much you've helped. My only issue is I need to get this done sooner than later. I would be interested to see if your harness cured my issues before I dropped $999 on the new harness. Is it the same harness at Mikes shop or was that the one for the Cressida?

If we could do this quick then I will take you up on that offer, pay you for your harness/time/and give you my old Soarer harness. If you could text/talk to Mike to see what the quickest route would be I would be hype.

Good info on Tweak'd. Are all the wires brandy new? Does it smell like new car??
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #738
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #739
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Some indirect encouragement from ETS Nigel for my issue:

Whats the latest? Well since the Hilux had issues at the Geelong Revival Festival I have been racking my brain to find the issue. Its been one of those hard to diagnose problems that eventually turned itself from a intermittent problem to a permanent one. Last night my friend Greeny came over and we finally found it, I have to start loading the car into the trailer for its trip up to Sydney to set sail for NZ on Monday so it came just in the nick of time. I cant thank Greeny enough for his well thought out simple process behind finding the problem.

In the beginning I was positive there was an issue either in the ECU or in the plug, this was because I was able to get the ECU to power through playing around with the angle of the plug, then when the plug was inserted correctly it would fire up until the vibration would cut power to the ECU and it would shut down. Somehow between all this messing around and fault finding I decided to pull the ECU board out of its casing. When powered up and plugged in it a small part inside (electrical something) was getting hot, this meant there was a short in the system so we had to start from the beginning.

I removed everything that the ECU loom was connected to but the power and earth, switched it on and everything seemed fine, no overheating and it was holding power. So one by one I reconnected the sensors, injectors and coils. It wasn’t until I plugged in the Cam position sensor that Greeny gave me a yell from the cabin. With a wiggle on the wire it would shut down the ECU. So I pulled everything out to inspect it. Oddly there was no stripped wire or signs of visible damage, on the bench we couldn’t fault it but on the car it was definitely the issue.

I removed the crank trigger sensor off the PS13 and wired it up onto the mount of the Hilux, this time running the wire through the welsh plug hole so there will be no metallic contact. It worked and ran like a dream straight away. That feeling was amazing, ever since the Geelong Revival I have been so frustrated with it, this niggling issue was driving me crazy and it wasn’t until it went from an intermittent fault to a constant fault that I could find it.

Moral of the story, don’t give up on electrical faults, they will be there, if you keep poking around you will find them and they will mostly be an issue that wont be visible, don’t blame the operating systems like your ECU or your PDM because rarely are they ever at fault.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #740
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
never got back to me on that TPS

Sweet rides too
Old 01-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #741
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
page one. what is up with vise grips being used a shifter???!!! thats a first for me.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #742
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
never got back to me on that TPS

Sweet rides too
Crap! Sorry Mike. I totally forgot to put my hands on it last I went to the shop. I will try and remember the next time I go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
page one. what is up with vise grips being used a shifter???!!! thats a first for me.
I was in the middle of a track day and the RB shifter broke. Used what I had.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #743
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Crap! Sorry Mike. I totally forgot to put my hands on it last I went to the shop. I will try and remember the next time I go in.

I was in the middle of a track day and the RB shifter broke. Used what I had.
wow man very creative!! i knew there had to be a reason for it!!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #744
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Hallelujah! She lives!

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #745
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Cool thanks Lmk
Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #746
Arteeste
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Arteeste is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Read it all..... pure entertainment as well as motivation.
Arteeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #747
TekuDrifter18
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TekuDrifter18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
OBEEE you stil have that GT wing for sale? Also its a shame this cars isn't running yet. Any hopes at all to have it ready by the start of CL this year?
TekuDrifter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #748
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

It is up for sale. Tentatively. I think I will have the SC running by CL opening.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #749
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Last edited by OBEEWON; 07-01-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #750
SRS BZNS
Zilvia Member

SRS BZNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SRS BZNS
1. if you can find one a nerf football jammed up through the trunk will push the dent out of your quarter panel. My car had one stuffed in each side

2. when you cut the hole for the vent cut it as small as possible the hood gets saggy otherwise and the vent will rattle off your valve cover and force you to want to kill yourself

3. I always wanted those mirrors

and finally I really have to commend you for sticking with this as long as you did. I simply had to put shortie headers and block out the wide body on my car and that wound up being to much work for me and I said F'it and sold the car for $3000. Kudos to you sir
SRS BZNS is offline   Reply With Quote