Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tyler Cox's build thread.

Since only a handful of people on here might have known him, I am going to post a little primer before I get into this. An integral person in the Texas drift scene, someone that gave it quite a bit of its flavor, and persona, Tyler Cox was nothing if he was not over the top. When everyone had 200 hp in 2006 Tyler cad 400 hp. When people like myself built LS1 240s in 2007 he decided to one up us and build an SR20 with more TQ and HP than any of our built LS1s. When we went to a drift event and burned off 6 new dunlops at a local event, he burned off 10. When we bought open trailers he got a baller enclosed and a new truck every year. He loved not only all things drift, but all things JDM and ricer, and had a good sense of humor about it. If you knew him, you would chuckle at these things, because as we traveled the country as a group and did first Nopi Drift nationally, then D1GP USA, and so on he was always a stand out character. When Falken Drift Showoff came to town around 2006 or so he made more smoke than ANY of the Falken cars. It was hilarious. He didn't care if he won, he just wanted to entertain the crowd like the Japanese drivers did and have a good time.

He never had a build thread that I can think of, and yet his cars were way beyond what even the best of the forums were producing at the time. Back in 2007 he was making 487 WHP and reving to 8900 rpm in an SR20 and blowing trannies left and right, street driving on race gas, and traveling all over the place with me and drifting.

Late 2012 though he passed away. He was only in his early twenties, but had tandemed with Daigo Saito, Ken Nomura, Ueno from Vertex, street drifted in Japan, Street drifted around in a dozen states, traveled from coast to coast half a dozen times having a great time at events. He gave people tires in competitions who ran out just so they wouldn't get knocked out from lack of funds, and was a hell of a character. At Proam 2006 in Laughlin Nevada he got a ticket for doing a burnout in front of a cop with full underglow lit up. He takes the ticket then does another burnout and takes off while we all watch and laugh, the cop let it slide because it was hilarious the second time, luckily.

Anyways, lets get started with his latest car, which he didn't get a chance to finish. : )
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links