Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Teen trades first unlocked iPhone for Nissan 350Z

Filed under: Gadgets, Coupes, Etc., Nissan

The iPhone has been perhaps the most hyped tech gadget of 2007, and a 17 year-old from New Jersey recently achieved fame by being the first to "unlock" the Apple device. George Hotz, who many are referring to as the new "DVD John," rigged the $599 iPhone to operate on any network with any SIM card. For his epic hack, Hotz was given a free Nissan 350Z and three 8 GB iPhones. All he had to do was hand over the compromised handset to Terry Daidone, owner of phone refurbisher and aftermarket parts maker CertiCell. Not bad for a kid that hasn't even started his first day of college.
A bad-ass 350Z is definitely a hell of a deal in a trade for a phone that costs a mere $499-$599. If Hotz doesn't get into legal trouble for his work, we think the brilliant teenager will likely get a killer job with a tech company well before he finishes college... right about the time he gets his third speeding ticket.
[Source: iPhone JTAG]
Thanks for the tip, Phil!
Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
fuck , but I bet he will get sued for profiting from hacking it. If he had not accepted the z and phones everything would have been fine. Now he has officially been paid publicly for hacking it . I smell a lawsuit coming.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
This has been covered already. Not to sound like a dick.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I knew some kid had hacked it.

But didn't know he got a Z out of it.

Damn
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hahahaha, I made Jack's sig again.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Young & Artless
Young & Artless

Young & Artless is making a name for him/her selfYoung & Artless is making a name for him/her self
Neat. I wish my dumb razor could land me a free 350z
Old 08-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
poor kid. if he was smart, he couldve contracted with sprint, tmobile or something and been paid lots of money to unlock iphones for said company.
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wtf zilviabot......wtf
Old 08-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
yeah, thats what i was thinking...
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #10
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
is the op a robot????
Old 08-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
Zetto*
Zilvia Member

Zetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of lightZetto* is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
fuck , but I bet he will get sued for profiting from hacking it. If he had not accepted the z and phones everything would have been fine. Now he has officially been paid publicly for hacking it . I smell a lawsuit coming.
The article is a little misleading. He traded the first unlocked iphone(as a piece of history) for the 350Z and the 8 phones. On the kids website he provides free step by step instructions on how to unlock an iphone.
Zetto* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifting_changed_mylife View Post
is the op a robot????
Yes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #13
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I AM A ROBOT ALSO.

geeerr deeezzzz beeeeeem.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
He's 17, though.
Nobody is going to take a teenager to court.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
He's 17, though.
Nobody is going to take a teenager to court.
actually your wrong there kev, the federal goverment has taken 15 and 16 year old hackers to court before. Never say never when its come to lawyers these days.Look no further than John Edwards king of tort law. He is notorious for sueing for frivolous reasons, for an example.

That being said, I never said he would be sued. I said, In not exactly these words, but they do sum up what I was saying, "I would not be surprised if someone tried to sue".

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
silviapilot
Leaky Injector

silviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nice
It doesn't matter what apple thinks or wants at least for this generation iphone. If it can be hacked to take a SIM card, it can work on any network anywhere in the world. Think globally, and you will understand why he gave that kid a car. Because in Europe, the U.K. Japan (to my meager knowledge) this phone has not been released. Apple does not want it in a SIM card world, because that means no contracts and no lock in sales. Apples infamous urge to control all aspects of their hardware is revealed in this phone. I havent seen the phone, but i don't know how easy a SIM socket can be merged into the phone. That would be the only challenge i see. Make money! FTP!
Quote:

Behold! the speed and agility of the Dragonfly... and know that victory is yours!
silviapilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviapilot View Post
It doesn't matter what apple thinks or wants at least for this generation iphone. If it can be hacked to take a SIM card, it can work on any network anywhere in the world. Think globally, and you will understand why he gave that kid a car. Because in Europe, the U.K. Japan (to my meager knowledge) this phone has not been released. Apple does not want it in a SIM card world, because that means no contracts and no lock in sales. Apples infamous urge to control all aspects of their hardware is revealed in this phone. I havent seen the phone, but i don't know how easy a SIM socket can be merged into the phone. That would be the only challenge i see. Make money! FTP!
lol, you obviously have no idea what your talking about. The iphone is already a sim card phone. Its GSM. Japan is a whole other protocol for cell transmission that is unique to Japan. So the fact that you brought up Japan means you know absolutely nothing about the cell industry. You also talk like a anti apple windows fanatic lol.

Your lack of technical knowledge of cell phones is phenomenal and the fact that you speak up without that knowledge plants your foot firmly in your mouth.
Plus you think just because I posted what I did that its how I actually feel myself? You assume a lot about me. I was making a observation not based on if I approve or disapprove of what the kid did. I would have expected better from you.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #18
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ok to clear it up unlocking phone isnt illigal and he had a personal sale not as a company there will be no reason to sue him , the 2 companies that have legal people on there door may get sues for unlocking the phone because there a compnay and using software , that breaks the copyright on the apple phone , the teen didnt theres a process to unlocking a phone and if im not mistakin you dont ussually use any new software , i mean on some phone u just press ## and a couple othere numbers and bam its unlocked and the kid and in it for the long hual but wouldnt mind have extra money for college so spnt his summer unlocking it , 2 days b4 he starts college ., and the 3 phone he has givin to the people that helped him out
and the 350z is worth it but in accually its alot less then if he where to keep the plans and sell the phones him self , he sold the first one for 12000 so 3 more of that and thats a pretty nice car ,
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #19
silviapilot
Leaky Injector

silviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nicesilviapilot is just really nice
Uhhm, did you actually read past my first paragraph? "I havent seen the phone, but i don't know how easy a SIM socket can be merged into the phone" You obviously don't know much about me, calling me an apple hater when i manufacture ipod products you silly rabbit. I don't know the Japanese mobile phone system either, i simply went off the media news about apple not releasing the phone in europe and the UK, which both use GSM and pre paid dominates those regions. If you want to talk and educate me, do it like an adult.... not a disenchanted teen. :ghey:
I don't lack technical knowledge about cel phones, or even how they work. Not all phones come with a SIM card, some are CDMA (that's code division multiple access) And i have forgotten more about surface mount electronics and pcb (printed circuit board) design and manufacture than you will ever know about. So lighten up. It isn't that serious.
Kognition

Quote:
lol, you obviously have no idea what your talking about. The iphone is already a sim card phone. Its GSM. Japan is a whole other protocol for cell transmission that is unique to Japan. So the fact that you brought up Japan means you know absolutely nothing about the cell industry. You also talk like a anti apple windows fanatic lol.

Your lack of technical knowledge of cell phones is phenomenal and the fact that you speak up without that knowledge plants your foot firmly in your mouth.
Plus you think just because I posted what I did that its how I actually feel myself? You assume a lot about me. I was making a observation not based on if I approve or disapprove of what the kid did. I would have expected better from you.

Behold! the speed and agility of the Dragonfly... and know that victory is yours!
silviapilot is offline   Reply With Quote