Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 12-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Atlanta/East Coast meet

Since the 2003 Convention was such a great time, I'm throwing another big meet, only this time I'm letting the plan be easier. On May 8th-9th, Road Atlanta will be having their second Track Days event of the year. You can get more details here: http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays.asp but basically it's an open track event for anyone with experience to drive their own car and learn a little about running on a course. Those interested can sign up through that link, and pay directly.
We've done this several times with the locals and have always had a good turnout and lots of fun, and with it being a defined event those who choose to run may do so at their own will and pace, the rest of event attendees can spectate, socialize, and ride passenger with other drivers. There's a large lot behind the stands to park, meet and greet, and take pics, and there's an hour lunch break provided so we can all have time to eat and relax. Since we're in the Northern part of the state, I'd like to finish the day off with a mountain run, up through Route 61 like we did at Convention. This would make for a VERY enjoyable day for those who don't run the track, and give everyone plenty of seat time behind the wheel. For those traveling, you'll still have all day Sunday to drive home. I'd like to hear who's interested, the East Coast crew had better show up, along with you lame ass Florida boys. Everyone is invited for this one.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com

Last edited by sykikchimp; 01-08-2004 at 03:46 PM..
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Sounds like a good idea to me... Russ, you know first hand about my near-death experience this summer and how it caused me to miss convention this summer and you tinting my windows in June... 50+ hour work weeks will see me sitting in an S13 well before this is to take place, and I always love a reason to come down to atlanta no less. It's likely that, with the correct amount of shopping, that you will see me and Brandon at least once or tweice before then, but you should color me there. Don't forget that I will need you to wire the new car when I get my grubby little mitts on it... Will we need to send money for this beforehand if at all this time? Call or email me with that and lemme know what you till charge me for the wiring and shit.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 019
sounds like a good idea, russ. i can't really say what i'll be doing that weekend, but i'll definitely try to make it. this summer was fun as hell, apart from the weather, hehe. but i'd love to get on road atlanta.
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
Sounds like a pretty cool idea, missed out on the convention, id be interested in headin down
Old 01-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
JDM K's
Zilvia Member

JDM K's is an unknown quantity at this point
Count me in and my brother, I might even get a couple of other people to come along.
JDM K's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #6
97DubTruck
Zilvia Junkie

97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self
i myself am going as well as mr. brandon wells the guy with the med. blue 96 that used to be scott's. we met you at sutherlin a few weeks ago russ. this will be fun.
97DubTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:17 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
I'd like to update this for those interested in running on the track.
Road Atlanta has a Track Days 6 times a year, and it's a great chance to get driving experience on a real track. However, the event is considered driving instruction, and it NOT competitve. They have three groups to run in, Touring, Intermediate, and Advanced. For anyone who has not had track experience, or has limited feel for the limits/capabilities of your car, I strongly recommend you to sign up for the Touring group. This is a lead-follow group only, no passing is allowed, but you will still get 4 sessions on the track and a good classroom session before running. The Intermediate and Advanced groups allow for passing on straights, but only under optimum conditions, and under close control of the track officials. Improper/reckless driving is not allowed. Although it sounds like less of a challenge than an all out race, there has never been a time that I've gone where a wreck did not occur, either through careless/unsafe driving, or lack of driver skill. If you're a qualified driver, this is the ultimate opportunity, but agreed it's not for everyone. Those who aren't comfortable with the risk or cost can still ride along with other drivers if they choose. It's a thrill just to spectate as well, so for those not considering actually running, it's still worth the drive just to be there, and to meet and spend time with other enthusiasts.
I want to make that clear because we like to keep our reputation there a good one, stuffing cars into walls is not only damaging to yourself, but to all of us as well. Burnouts/stunts in the parking lot are strictly prohibited also. While I welcome everyone to attend, those who can't act right will be asked to leave, both by local 240 owners, and I'm certain the police as well.
The mountain drive will strictly be a drive. Anyone wanting to exceed the speed limits will do so at your own choice, and risk. Depending on time, and traffic, we might cut it short to make a trip back to Dave & Busters for a night of games, food, and drinks.
This is not a set schedule, nor is it all mandatory. I'm simply inviting others to enjoy a good weekend with other enthusiasts, we can have 3 cars or 300, the main point is to have a good time.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 01-07-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Hey Russ, will we need to front you any cash before this like the convention I missed sitting home with my mouth wired shut? If so, I will bring it to you when I come down next, my plan is to be there at some point mid-late march.

And I write too!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

No. There is no money involved, other than your own gas and food. I'm assuming if there's enough out of towners, we can crash a hotel, but again I'm not taking any funds, everyone is on their own for setup. I can locate a decent place to crash, but you guys can make reservations.
The track event will require a payment, but that's only if you're running, and you will pay Road Atlanta directly for that, before the event. They have a cutoff date, should be mid-April at latest, but you can call them and see what spots are still available. I'm only extending the invitation to others, I'm in no way an organizer or coordinator here.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #10
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I'll more than likely be there. You Atlantians are pretty fun.

Russ - fyi, my "edit" in your first post was fixing your link.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 01-08-2004 at 03:47 PM..
sykikchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally posted by R240NA
No. There is no money involved, other than your own gas and food. I'm assuming if there's enough out of towners, we can crash a hotel, but again I'm not taking any funds, everyone is on their own for setup. I can locate a decent place to crash, but you guys can make reservations.
The track event will require a payment, but that's only if you're running, and you will pay Road Atlanta directly for that, before the event. They have a cutoff date, should be mid-April at latest, but you can call them and see what spots are still available. I'm only extending the invitation to others, I'm in no way an organizer or coordinator here.
Locate a decent place to crash, Are you HIGH? Brandon, Roger and I will likely crash one of 2 places: my uncle's in decatur, he has 2 rooms he doesn't use, OR the usual for Brandon's usual and where we crashed last time I came down, Murph's crib... I can't honestly speak for the rest of the people here, but I know where I CAN stay and not have to pay for lodging and can't fathom why I would pay for it... On the other hand, 50-60 hour work weeks and double pay on overtime has me thinking I may get another 95 instead of a 13 afterall, does that make you happy? Whatever it is, I am planning to have it within the nect 3 weeks if all goes according to plan, I have a coupla 1.5k+ paychecks in a row headed my way and NOTHING to pay for except for my new glasses, which will be this week.

And I write too!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #12
HiPSI
Zilvia Junkie

HiPSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HiPSI Send a message via Yahoo to HiPSI
i'll try my best to be there. we do mountain runs almost once a month here in Atlanta so i'm no stranger to that, but still haven't ponied up the $225 for a track day at road atlanta. maybe i'll give that a shot this time
Old 01-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #13
bri96se
Leaky Injector

bri96se is an unknown quantity at this point
I THINK THAT I WILL FINALLY TRY AND MAKE IT THIS TIME. SINCE THE MEET IS IN MAY HOPEFULLY THAT WILL GIVE ME SOME TIME TO DO SOME REPAIRS ON MY SUSPENSION IF I CAN FIND A SHOP CLOSE BY.
bri96se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally posted by bri96se
I THINK THAT I WILL FINALLY TRY AND MAKE IT THIS TIME. SINCE THE MEET IS IN MAY HOPEFULLY THAT WILL GIVE ME SOME TIME TO DO SOME REPAIRS ON MY SUSPENSION IF I CAN FIND A SHOP CLOSE BY.
LOL, dependent on what the "problem" is, the damn near weekly install party in fronta Murph's crib on saturdays will be the "shop" you are looking for. It saw my clutch fan removed, and idling and electrical problems (one each) relieved last time I was down. Just remember one thing: new guy buys beer and I got hit for a 12 last time I was down.

And I write too!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #15
bri96se
Leaky Injector

bri96se is an unknown quantity at this point
THAT SOUND LIKE CHEAP LABOR TO ME
bri96se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:42 AM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri96se
THAT SOUND LIKE CHEAP LABOR TO ME
Damn right it's cheap labor, I had to help of course, but I was fuckin stoked it only cost me a 12 pack of icehouse...

And I write too!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #17
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
the hotel is more for those running. RA is like an hour north of the city. makes for a long... EARLY drive sat morning to get to the track. plus those from out of town without peoples couches to crash on get to hang out together.

but yeah install parties are t3h funs nothing more fun that n watching Russ have conniptions over misplaced bolts or parts that should have been removed eons ago
Old 01-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #18
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles

but yeah install parties are t3h funs nothing more fun that n watching Russ have conniptions over misplaced bolts or parts that should have been removed eons ago
There is something more fun... Listening to Dennis and Murph telling you exactly what Russ will say when he shows up and how he will act about it, THEN seeing Russ' conniption fits gets even better.

And I write too!
Old 01-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #19
Replicant_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Replicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
.... those who can't act right will be asked to leave, both by local 240 owners, and I'm certain the police as well.
uh...we got Nick, Murph and Scream. The po-po won't be needed.
Rules of Boozing #10: Do not make eye contact with the bartender if you do not want a drink.
Replicant_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:31 PM   #20
xS1LV1Ax
Zilvia Addict

xS1LV1Ax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xS1LV1Ax Send a message via MSN to xS1LV1Ax
I wanna go...too bad its the weekend of FINALS...Booo finals!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:13 PM   #21
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Hey, I just heard on another Forum that Tony is now a Pro Drifter??? Whats the deal?
Old 02-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #22
ZenkiSE
Leaky Injector

ZenkiSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiSE
I'm there ..

Baka GaIjIn Racing

www.up-speed.com

www.tougefactory.com
ZenkiSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #23
HiPSI
Zilvia Junkie

HiPSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HiPSI Send a message via Yahoo to HiPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykikchimp
Hey, I just heard on another Forum that Tony is now a Pro Drifter??? Whats the deal?

i can't remember which one but i know a team picked him up as a driver
Old 04-01-2004, 08:20 PM   #24
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Update:
I'm giving up on this meet, due to severe lack of interest and the typical slander I've come to expect from the community. Everyone is welcome to come out for the weekend, but I won't be helping plan or arrange anything. Anybody coming into town can call me and we'll hang out.

Old 04-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #25
Rhoad Racing
Leaky Injector

Rhoad Racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rhoad Racing
So I take it that the general "Meet" is off also? We can all still try to meet up Friday Night at Dave and Busters on 85N outside of 285. Then we can try to discuss what time to get together before and after the track event. Or we can try to setup some general times on when to meet up Saturday Morning now so that everyones on the same page.
I say that everyone thats Racing meets up at Best Buy Parking lot on 85N just off of the "Pleasant Hill Rd" exit at 6am (Seeing that racers have to be there at or Before 7am, I think) and then just Caravan there together so that the Noobs to Atlanta don't get left behind.
Evertone else that is Spectating should also meet at the Best Buy parking lot (It's about 6exits up 85N outside of 285) buy at 8:30am and just leave from there.
Someone should also be the point person and give out there Cell Number so that the ppl showing up late can have someone to call to let them know that they're lost or late.
BTW: This is ChadMK4 not Rhoad Racing (my Roommate).. I just didn't feel like registering to another acount..
Rhoad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:44 PM   #26
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
damn that sucks, russ... i wanna say that i'm still gonna try to make it down, funds permitting. i had a blast at vir and can't wait to go to another road course. road atlanta is definitely a track i want to go to. so yea. i'm definitely making an effort to come down
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #27
JDM K's
Zilvia Member

JDM K's is an unknown quantity at this point
I will defiantly be there for the track event but as spectator. I was really looking forward to the mountain run, which would have been my first time by the way. So what time does everyone meets at DB on Friday? I hope we could still be able to do everything planned.
JDM K's is offline   Reply With Quote