Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
March 29th, ButtonWillow, config "Test 10"

March 29th at ButtonWillow -west loop, test 10 configuration.

Track gates open at 7am. Drivers meeting will be held at 8AM, attendance to the drivers meeting is MANDATORY. If you miss the meeting we cannot let you run until you’ve been briefed.

First session starts at 8:30am.

Rules off track:

Paddock speeds are 5mph. Strictly enforced.

SA 95 or M95 Helmets or newer. If you have extra helmets bring them along for passengers or as a loaner. We cannot rent helmets from ButtonWillow for this event.

Cars may be subject to tech inspection before going out on track, but it will be the responsibility of the driver to have their vehicle ready. This means that there is nothing loose inside the car when you drive. Floor mats, items in the glove box, center console, loose change...take out everything. You will not be allowed on track otherwise.

Secure items in the engine bay such as the battery, oil catch can, gerbils for you rotary owners, and anything else that could possibly fall off the car. Or our favorite...could move and melt on your exhaust manifold and have something STUPID like your wiring harness burn up.

No drugs or alcohol will be tolerated at the track. You will be sent home.

The hot pits will be open, so no standing on the pit walls. You can view the track better from the officiating building anyway. Both the viewing stand and hot pit will be pointed out during the drivers meeting.

Spectators are welcome but must stand in designated areas. If you want to have pictures taken from the track email Al or Erik before the event.

You are solely responsible for any damages or loss too your equipment while at the track. Realize that if you have car contact or crash because of "someone else", you are still ultimately responsible for any damages to your equipment.

Rules ON TRACK:

Helmets must be worn at ALL TIMES while on the track. This includes passengers. Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.

DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE WHILE ON TRACK. Unless your car is on fire, you are safer staying inside the vehicle until instructed otherwise. EVEN IF IT IS UPSIDE DOWN.

Windows must be down before entering the track. Sunroofs closed, or T-Tops removed.

If you have 2 or more wheels go off track you must come into the hot pit to have your car checked. If you break this rule you will be black flagged off the track.

We will have corner workers on the Lost Hill, and 2 on the Zorro Corners, pay attention to the signals they may give out. Corner workers must be obeyed. When you are out on track they are the ONLY authority out there. The corner worker flags will be covered in the drivers meeting.

Car contact is not allowed. This is not a race.

When pulling into the hot pit, signal the cars behind you with a raised fist out the window that you are pulling into the pits.

Other than driver hand signals, do not stick anything out of the windows. This includes passengers.

Passing Rules:

Passing on the left is preferred. No passing in corners.

The person being passed MUST give a point by signal before being passed. Use your hand to point to the car behind you which side you wish to be passed on. If you wish to be passed on the right, point your hand OVER the roof of your car to the right hand side.

If a car will not let you pass, pull into the hot pits and wait for a break in traffic to continue driving. Do not get impatient.

Other Miscellaneous Information:

Drivers will rotate hourly to the corner worker positions. The schedule is posted at the bottom of this post. There will be two drivers at each station.

If find you cannot make it 14 days before the event, refunds are avaliable, otherwise you must find someone to take your place or forfit your payment.

It is always helpful to bring along extra parts for your car, tools, oil, and especially tires. Bring food and water, the café is usually closed.

Closed toe shoes are required for drivers.

BBQ’s and tents are allowed and are an easy way to make friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE --03-05-03

Name and Time for Corner workers. Please. See your time. I don't want to keep on yelling for your name.
If you want to go to lunch/pee/shiet/etc... please make sure someone can cover for your corner.

Aaron Suarez--9AM - 10AM
Alex Waher--4PM-5PM
Bau--9AM - 10AM
Bill Shih--9AM - 10AM
Chris Mendoza--10AM - 11AM
Danny Chen--10AM - 11AM
Drew--10AM - 11AM
Ed J--11AM - 12PM
Gabriel Tyler--11AM - 12PM
Jae--11AM - 12PM
Jeff Sausman--12PM - 1PM
Kelvin Crawford--12PM - 1PM
Lindsay Ross--12PM - 1PM
Mark Aquino--1PM - 2PM
Matt Monaco--1PM - 2PM
Mike Gniewosz--1PM - 2PM
Nic Minnis--2PM - 3PM
Nicolas--2PM - 3PM
Paul Valmores--3PM - 4PM
Peter Pan--3PM - 4PM
Son Tran--3PM - 4PM
Tohru Okamura--4PM-5PM
Tung Nguyen--4PM-5PM

We are going to switch flags every hour. We are short with people to flag so if anyone that wants to volunteer that would be much appreciated.

If any question please don't hesitate to contact me via email at [email protected] or via AIM - SJAE86.

Track Map

We will be entering and exiting the track on the same lane, we will cover how this works during the drivers meeting in the morning.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
All Spots are filled.

If you have 2 or more wheels go off track you must come into the hot pit to have your car checked. If you break this rule you will be black flagged off the track.
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
mmm... cant wait. btw, will the skid pad be available at that day?
balmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmo
mmm... cant wait. btw, will the skid pad be available at that day?
I higly doubt it. I can ask. I believed they built the go-kart track there.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
its still there but very very small
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:34 PM   #6
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
just wanted to say i hate you all!!...

ha!..have fun...be safe...take lots of pictures!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #7
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
its still there but very very small
cool! ...burn one tire w/ open diff action.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

I am so tired! As of right now we are driving in HWY 5 with on eye left open. Thank god for Internet Wireless. Time go so fast.

I hope you all had fun.

-Al
Old 03-30-2004, 01:02 AM   #9
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
where you going man?
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #10
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

he was going home when he posted that
Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #11
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

stretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to stretch240sx Send a message via Yahoo to stretch240sx
hey this is the tall guy with the blue and white 240 that took jeff spot

just wanted to thank you guys for holding the event. it was a blast.
hope to make it to the next one.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:47 PM   #12
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
fun event
ncie to meet everyone and have a good time.
i cant make next but whichever one i do next, it will be east loop!!! heh
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #13
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

did that guy with the rod knock make it back?
Old 03-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #14
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

I cant believed he still drove the car while hearing that KNOCK KNOCK sound. I hope he made it back home. I saw them right on the exit of Buttonwillow.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:52 AM   #15
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
where you going man?
lol... I was driving home. Like I said, Thank god for Internet Wireless.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #16
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

was a fun event! mad props to the guy who drives the gray coupe w/o bumper. sorry i forgot your name but i met you when you went to our green tent + i was flagging when you blew your tire at lost hills. everytime i view the video if you taking that lost hills corner, its like there is no tomorrow!
Old 03-31-2004, 05:09 PM   #17
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Anybody have any pics or vids of the event? My friend got some vids with his digital camera. I'll have to get them from him somehow.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #18
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

stretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nice
hey dousan, where you one of the pink godzira guys at the hotel (2 silver and on mix matched 240?) i was the blue and white with the black corrola and silver r32
Old 04-02-2004, 11:19 PM   #19
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
yeah he has a silver hatch...and was with Koosher...silver coupe..PG homos...
Old 04-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #20
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
oh sweet! whats up! nice to meet you guys! i drove behind the skyline a bit, just for a while, pretty sweet, gtsT right?

yeah that was us

-aaron
(lindsay owns the other 240sx---the coupe onevia style)
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:54 PM   #21
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

yeah its a gts t.

was anybody else like us, and working like mad men to get cars working on sunday?

well i didnt really introduce my self to anyone then, but it was nice to see faces behind the names...