Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #361
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Well, of course I love air conditioning in SR240's...so of course I'd vote yes to AC in a LSX 240 as well haha

Looks good! Keep the updates TOby!

-- Nice link there Jeff as well for that RX7 setup, nice!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #362
Future_gohan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Future_gohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
Do the AC setup without it, it would just seem odd on such a meticulous car like yours.

No AC is for high school kids running around with godspeed coils and stuttering SR's.
Please, I haven't had ac sense I was 17. Not everyone uses it, when i had ac the shit didn't get used, I agree with broadfield it makes the engine bay cleaner, it's easier to work on everything if that hunk is gone, and it's especially useless if you don't use it!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #363
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_gohan View Post
Please, I haven't had ac sense I was 17. Not everyone uses it, when i had ac the shit didn't get used, I agree with broadfield it makes the engine bay cleaner, it's easier to work on everything if that hunk is gone, and it's especially useless if you don't use it!
I'm with you on that...I never use my ac and I live in FL. I love driving with my windows down. It is easier to work on a car without no doubt. The only time ac is worth it is when you sell, it helps a lot. In the end Broadfield will do what he wants, its his car.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #364
ROOSEY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
ROOSEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_gohan View Post
i agree with him too. living right off of lake erie in pa though its cold most of the time. i honestly think when i did have a/c i never once used it other then when i bought the car to see if it worked. in my engine bay it just takes up useless space. i do own a vert now so that a/c's deffinitly comming out.

my opinion though is some people use it some people dont. if your gunna use it then keep it if not then dont

either way this is a sick build im staying tuned
ROOSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #365
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Our good friend Jeff has something he wants to say:

So I was holding off on pulling the motor/trans until Damon got in town. He came down for a short weekend to visit. So we pulled the damn thing on Sunday. It literally took 30 minutes to yank it out of there... then we spent the other 8 hours talking Zilvia and eating anything that crossed our path. My wife chipped in by fixing us some of her famous appetizers. We also ran to Menards in the morning and pillaged their candy isle. So we were set for the day to say the least. So I had Kyle, Jeff and Damon over there for most of the day/night and a couple other friends swung by to drink my beer.

Motor out and stripped of all its goodies. Still waiting to find a new owner:

I just need to drop the cross member out and start prepping the bay for some welding action:

What has become of today's youth? Kyle texting, eating a box of Zours and drinking a glass of F'n milk:

Damon(CamryOnBronze... I mean Gold) trying to be cool... failing:

The night crew, left to right: Jeff, Kyle and Damon

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #366
oOI WEST IOo

oOI WEST IOo is an unknown quantity at this point
the cleanliness of your coupe is disgusting
oOI WEST IOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #367
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Who knew beef jerky could be so tasty?

Glad the motor is out now- looking forward to coming down again when the new one gets dropped in!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #368
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now your car doesnt work, like mine!!!!!

its a race to see who will finish first. guess what, it will be you.

A WINNER IS YOU.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #369
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Who knew beef jerky could be so tasty?
Dude I'm still having "problems" because of our diet that day.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #370
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
nvm...............

Last edited by thenooblet; 02-22-2011 at 08:35 PM..
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #371
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont like this update.

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #372
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
I dont like this update.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #373
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Got some fairly good news this week. Sikky is going to give me the hook-up on their gear. Then also allow me to test new upcoming product. I was also contacted by Stance to run their new XR line of coilovers. Then Chase from Chase Bays and I are working out some trade for a full mil-spec harness, tucked radiator and new power steering reservoir with AN lines. I think I'm also going to buy all of my AN fittings through him instead of Summit/Jegs like I usually do. Better pricing and the company he gets them from can even do custom color setups if necessary. They basically supply all of the aerospace type facilities, military etc. with their AN gear. So it's not something you can buy from a store. I also received my LS3 "engine controller kit" today. It's pretty cool because it has the fuse box and everything. I've never purchased a harness like this before... I'm always use to the SR harness. The harness is going to Chase so he can compare it to his and make sure his harness is complete with everything I need. The kit also includes the ECU, MAF sensor, weld-on MAF boss, drive-by-wire gas pedal and 2 oxygen sensors with weld-on boss.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #374
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
glad to see your are going to run stance XR.

you will not be dissapoint 8)
Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #375
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
glad to see your are going to run stance XR.

you will not be dissapoint 8)
Yeah for the price, I have been really impressed with the GR+'s that are on my car now.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #376
Clearalbino
Zilvia Member

Clearalbino will become famous soon enoughClearalbino will become famous soon enoughClearalbino will become famous soon enough
Have you thought of what mounting kit you are going to use?

Personally I'd recommend

https://fueledracing.com/feature.php?fid=4
Clearalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #377
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearalbino View Post
Have you thought of what mounting kit you are going to use?

Personally I'd recommend

https://fueledracing.com/feature.php?fid=4
You may of missed it in my last update, but I'm going with Sikky.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #378
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
This is just the build I've been looking for. I've got about half the money I need to start my swap(ls1 tho) im dieing to see the rest of your building
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #379
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Nice hookups Tob!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #380
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
seriously man....your basement makes me fucking jealous.

is that rhino liner on your fenderwells?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #381
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

3M undercoating

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #382
stayfly33

stayfly33 is an unknown quantity at this point
just read this whole thing once i saw broadfield in the title i had to, your work is awsome i cant stop reading the january issue of modified your the reason why ive been looking for a 240sx project goodluck i cant wait to see this thing done
stayfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #383
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Oh you were the dude in Modified. Yeah, nice car.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #384
Clearalbino
Zilvia Member

Clearalbino will become famous soon enoughClearalbino will become famous soon enoughClearalbino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
You may of missed it in my last update, but I'm going with Sikky.
Im sorry to hear that. From my research, the fueled kit is by far the best engineered and thought out kit on the market. Not to metion the owner of the company was sent though GM's training program.
Clearalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #385
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearalbino View Post
Im sorry to hear that. From my research, the fueled kit is by far the best engineered and thought out kit on the market. Not to metion the owner of the company was sent though GM's training program.
LOL.... Well considering there is hardly any information or pictures to be seen of this kit you speak of, then I'm not sure how you would expect me to make any other decision than what I did. I talked with Sikky extensively and they seem to know what they are doing. I'm not saying Fueled's kit isn't just as good or better than Sikky's, there is just no info on it.

As far as GM's training program, that doesn't necessarily mean anything to me. In my profession, an individual whom is certified and/or went to school for the profession can still be horrible at the job. I would venture to say most of your top fabricators did not go to a fabrication specific school nor are they certified in anything. If you've got it, you've got it!

Please feel free to post more info on the kit if you have it!

I'm assuming since you are both from AZ, then you have some connection with the company or you are simply pushing local business... correct me if I'm wrong.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #386
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yeah for the price, I have been really impressed with the GR+'s that are on my car now.
Stance #1

It was good to meet you and Kyle that day I came down, sorry I didn't have more time to stay and chat! I like where you're going with this build, should be really cool.
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #387
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Progress! I love it!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #388
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Sikky is the best...I was like when i opened my box of Sikky goodness.
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #389
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
seriously man....your basement makes me fucking jealous.

msglngthmsglngth

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #390
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

It looks as though I'm fairly set on doing a race display... most likely the Stack ST8100(M) piece. So if anyone is interested in my entire Defi gauge setup, please let me know. I will be posting it up for sale once I confirm 100% that I'm getting rid of it. But you know me, once I get an idea in my head, it's basically impossible to get rid of it.

The setup will include:

Thee Original Broadfield S13 cluster:
-Defi 52mm EGT
-Defi 52mm Water Temp
-Defi 80mm Tach
-Defi 80mm Boost
-OEM Turn Signal Indicators
-Plugs into your OEM cluster sub-harness

Center Vent Setup:
-Defi 52mm Oil Pressure
-Defi 52mm Oil Temp
-Defi 52mm Fuel Pressure