Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #1561
aznnoodleboi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
aznnoodleboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy cow this car is clean
aznnoodleboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #1562
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would go with the TR6060 from Jordan considering its not too far off from the price of a T56. They are very stout and would be more than enough for your goals. If you do decide a T56 I recommend you do atleast a stage 2 build: CF/kevlar synchros, viper 3-4 shift fork, billet keys, bronze pads, etc.. If you have the extra money you could do a stage 3 which would include the beefy viper input and output shaft but my stage 2 held up fine to my 600whp LS S13.

I rebuilt my T56 2 years ago, they are notorious for being stuck in gear whether it be from a bent shift fork or broken stamped keys. The price of the upgrade parts are not super expensive. Including a whole rebuild kit it will be around 5-600 but for that and including the trans you can't go wrong with the TR6060 Jordan is offering. PM me if you have any LS questions, I'm currently building a 1000whp GT4788 LSx in my S13.
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #1563
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Soooo gooodd
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #1564
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
toby uses a mac......................... psssh

unsubscribe
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #1565
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
UPDATE TIME... well, kind of

More so an informational update, but I'll toss a of couple pics in there to make it pretty.

I finally found a TR6060 that is going to be mine. The trans that Jeff was suggesting didn't work out, but it worked out for the better because I found one for cheaper anyway. I still want to thank Jeff for trying to get me hooked up and for opening my eyes to how cheap the TR6060's really are.

So I typically Google for TR6060's every few nights with little luck. Either it's a trans that was for sale 2 years ago or something that is overpriced... or just no results at all. Well, I came across a WTB thread on Camaro5.com. I figured I would check to see what luck, if any, the guy was having finding one. Very first reply a guy said he had one that he was selling along with the OEM clutch, hydraulics, OEM pedals, Hurst shifter etc. He wanted $2000 + shipping for everything. Basically he was switching over to an automatic 4L80E for the drag strip... he has a 900whp 5th gen Camaro that was just built. So I promptly become a member on Camaro5 as fast as my man fingers could slap the keyboard. As I go to click on his username to send him a PM, I realize that the dude lives in the same damn town as me... Normal, IL. I thought to myself, you have to be shitting me! Bloomington/Normal is a little over 100,000 people... so it's not that big. So I end up talking to the guy and the trans is on the east coast where the car was built. But he said he could do everything for $2000 shipped. So I'll have some extra parts that I can hopefully part out for a few bucks. So it looks as though I need to order up that Monster clutch.

As far as pics, nothing major as I have been waiting to post them in a substantial update. But I'm here, so I might as well toss up a couple pics from a couple months ago. I finally found some black fuel rails. The Black Label ones that I planned on going with have seem to be discontinued. But lucky me Katech just released some a few months back. They are simply FAST rails made for Katech in a black color... and believe or it not the price isn't jacked up just because it says Katech on them. I also finished all of my hoses including the power steering hoses. Note: the power steering hoses, heater hoses and oil filter hoses will get fastened to the block, frame rail etc to keep them where I want them. I just need to figure out what type of clamps I want to go with. I won't do that until the hose ends are actually crimped on though. I also got my harness from Chase on there, but I don't have the coil pack sub harness plugged in yet in these pics.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #1566
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
updates?

labor day weekend?

whats wrong with you man, you should be spending time with your family. :-P

damn, that looks nice.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #1567
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
updates?

labor day weekend?

whats wrong with you man, you should be spending time with your family. :-P

damn, that looks nice.
Hell, I'm on vacation with the family... Don't you check my Facebook status

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #1568
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I was going to post that here but I know you have some ammo yourself
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #1569
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I was going to post that here but I know you have some ammo yourself
Huhhhhhh???

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1570
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OMG!!! Toby, you are a mad man posting sexy ass pics like that.. Damn.. Nice job
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #1571
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Be wary of that brake master cylinder setup. It seems that everyone who used it had it leak or pop, or just hated it, and ended up going back to OEM.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1572
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Be wary of that brake master cylinder setup. It seems that everyone who used it had it leak or pop, or just hated it, and ended up going back to OEM.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how it goes for me.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #1573
PureRush
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
PureRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
If you survive...
PureRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #1574
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRush View Post
If you survive...
Yeah, I figured I would go straight out to the Interstate and do 120mph, then test the brakes to see if they work.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1575
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great man!!!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #1576
Chester Rumble

Chester Rumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Toby...I would like you to know in upset that you haven't posted an update on your landscaping projects, yet you post a car update.

By the way, Truman has been melting my face off at the house with his swamp-a$$!
Chester Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #1577
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Rumble View Post
Toby...I would like you to know i'm upset that you haven't posted an update on your landscaping projects, yet you post a car update.

By the way, Truman has been melting my face off at the house with his swamp-a$$!
Yeah, I was going to post landscaping pics on this last update, but I forgot to upload the pics to Fotki. I'll have to post some "real" updates soon!

So is my basement flooded yet? I can only assume you cleaned my liquor cabinet out!?! I was also hoping you could just go ahead and do all of the chassis wiring on my 240 while you are house sitting

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #1578
Chester Rumble

I would have texted you already if the basement flooded. All is good on that front but I did have a crack at the wiring.

Were all those yellow labels on the harness suppose to stay on? I took a few of them off to get to the wiring underneath. I called James and he gave me some pointers, cause his DSM is pretty similar to your car.

And believe it or not I haven't touched anything in the liquor cabinet. I'm on a few antibiotics and steroids for the whole "face-not-working-properly" thing so I'd rather not have a seizure in front of Wilson.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #1579
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
You'll hate manual brakes with stock calipers, but I don't think it'll be dangerous right out of the gate (unless they actually leak).

Glad to see you're making progress and got a TR6060!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #1580
b00stinbmx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
b00stinbmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
mine was a huge pile of shit, would hate to see this car get ruined becuase of that. id switch it back to Oem.. glad i did.
b00stinbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #1581
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hell, I'm on vacation with the family... Don't you check my Facebook status
whats facebook? i never heard of it
Old 09-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #1582
Chester Rumble

Facebook is for dudes who are afraid to stalk girls the old fashion way!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #1583
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Rumble View Post
Facebook is for dudes who are afraid to stalk girls the old fashion way!
THIS is GOLD.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #1584
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I figured I would go straight out to the Interstate and do 120mph, then test the brakes to see if they work.
Thats what all the cool kids are doing these days isnt it?

Awesome looking motor setup so far man, so clean!
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #1585
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
I'm on my second Wilwood Clutch MC, and it leaks again too. Wilwood's email is down so I'll be calling them Tuesday in regard to it leaking internally. Sucks.

BTW: Those engine bay pictures look great!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #1586
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your engine and bay look soooo good Toby. Keep up the amazing work.
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #1587
ino20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
ino20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
jealous....

Racingl
ino20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #1588
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I found the VQ for my s14 in similar fashion you found your trans. In the same city I was in, randomly.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #1589
TheZ31Guy
Leaky Injector

TheZ31Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread delivers.. Awesome!
TheZ31Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1590
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I have also heard not such good things about that wilwood BMC. At least get the tandem BMC so if you pop one you still have brakes...
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote