Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
Envy2343
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Envy2343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the wire tuck pic thread

ok so idn if there is this thread yet but i think it would be interesting to see what came up hears mine not much of a tuck butt...
Envy2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
heh. tuck butt.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
ROFL..............@ tuck butt....

Nice Tuck man... any side views?

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Tucked and loomed Mil-spec harnesses is what I do lol.

My Mil-spec RB25 setup from the JefeS14, currently for sale with harness:

Conrad Grunewald's Mil-spec LSA harness in his 2010 Formula D Camaro, from scratch.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
Assaultech
Zilvia Addict

Assaultech is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

Conrad Grunewald's Mil-spec LSA harness in his 2010 Formula D Camaro, from scratch.

A couple of things that i have noticed about your harnesses. This is not to bash or hate just pointing out things that i have noticed.
These connectors are no where near Mil-Spec quality (this really bothered me) , they look like speaker connectors that are used in clubs and bars, a poor imitation/rip off to the Chase Bays / Rywire harnesses. There is nothing sealing these plugs off from elements like water dirt ect, this will cause premature wear and corrosion There are a couple of different types of nylon engine loom that you can get, the weave on your loom is not very tight and you can see right through to the bare wires? The junctions where you have multiple splices coming together looks horrible. The heat shrink looks over stretched and its not even the correct way to make that type of junction.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
heyoooo

Last edited by R33E8; 09-26-2011 at 04:02 PM..
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaultech View Post
A couple of things that i have noticed about your harnesses. This is not to bash or hate just pointing out things that i have noticed.
Before I venture into the rest of your post and I'm sure Jeff will have a hearty reply himself if you're going to say something about not bashing or hating please don't "preface" it with I don't mean for you to take this offensively when I'm comparing your budget harness to a top dollar high end harness. You quoted a harness Jeff made before he started doing this as a business for his own personal car. His work looks worlds better than that and those connectors he used on his personal car were some budget camera equipment connectors used in television, and were recommended by Eric Castro. They got the job done, and they were budget minded.

Quote:
These connectors are no where near Mil-Spec quality (this really bothered me) , they look like speaker connectors that are used in clubs and bars, a poor imitation/rip off to the Chase Bays / Rywire harnesses.
I think before you call anyones work a rip off of anything then you should at least know the origins of the people you're comparing him to. LOL!!! Rywire was getting so busy he brought someone in under him (chase bays) who after some time together chase decided he knew all he needed to know to run off and start his own business and take some clients with him and Ryan has received tons of work cleaning up chases fuck-ups. I personally have no problem with Chase and I think the quality of his work has improved but he still has a stained reputation and nobody has nothing nice to say about the guy I've spoken to.

As far as the OG'ness of their harness style, race cars, helicopters, jets etc have been using this style of engine harness with raychem covering on them way before anyone was casually spending money on this shit...

Quote:
There is nothing sealing these plugs off from elements like water dirt ect, this will cause premature wear and corrosion There are a couple of different types of nylon engine loom that you can get, the weave on your loom is not very tight and you can see right through to the bare wires? The junctions where you have multiple splices coming together looks horrible. The heat shrink looks over stretched and its not even the correct way to make that type of junction.
He very well could've purchased some boots for the tech flex but again this was a personal inexpensive harness for himself. There are only a few people that have actually ponied up the cash for a raychem setup

Things done changed since. I would actually like to see someone pony up the money to get some "rywire quality" work out of Jeff and actually pay for it but it's the nissan community we're talking about here. Honda people will pay 1000 bucks for a front lip, you couldn't get anyone on this site to buy a set of wheels for more than 1000 bucks.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I think before you call anyones work a rip off of anything then you should at least know the origins of the people you're comparing him to. LOL!!! Rywire was getting so busy he brought someone in under him (chase bays) who after some time together chase decided he knew all he needed to know to run off and start his own business and take some clients with him and Ryan has received tons of work cleaning up chases fuck-ups. I personally have no problem with Chase and I think the quality of his work has improved but he still has a stained reputation and nobody has nothing nice to say about the guy I've spoken to.
This is completely false. I had the name Chase Bays before I even thought about moving to California. An attempt at collaboration didn't work out. Whatever was told to people, true or false, was out of my hands. Do you know that we have fixed said competitors work too? We have, a lot. Engine Harnesses, Brake Lines, Fuel Lines, Brake Booster Delete Kits, Power Steering Kits. These items are all ideas that, in the purpose and market they serve, noone else offered when Chase Bays released them. That is a fact.

Here is a thread from 2007 displaying my wiring months before I made the move to California.

Custom Stealth K20 tuck harness i made... - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

We are product creators and/or innovators, I hope that our original product line proves that. This is why we are still here today always considering and creating a better and easier way. No intellectual property has been taken to build our products. Just on Zilvia alone we have hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers.

Thats all, just have to let the facts be known

-Chase

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188

Last edited by Chase Bays; 09-26-2011 at 04:17 PM..
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Do you know that we have fixed said competitors work too?
Yeah I know what Ryans background in wiring is too that's why I'm neutral, don't really buy into everything I hear I just think it's funny that as a business you guys have everyone of your customers talking shit about each others work. Weather it's willingly or unwillingly.

You let me know when someone needs to go fix something Jeff did that wasn't a "hey can you repair my shit wiring job in hopes another problem I didn't forsee or want to pay you for to replace everything may pop up elsewhere." and I'll question having him touch my car.

But being my father comes from a similar background as him with electronics I think I know where my money will be going. I think all of your other products and collaborations are innovative and cool, I just don't have a desire to put anything manufactured by either of you "higher quality" guys on my car given both of your reputations and attitudes.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #10
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
240boosted has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

that nice and clean wow
240boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Jeff's wiring skills are off the hook.

Do you have any pics of the setup you did on Matt Powers' S14?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #12
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Forgot one more, Wayne (Om1kron's) SR20 tuck/loom/cleanup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
Jeff's wiring skills are off the hook.

Do you have any pics of the setup you did on Matt Powers' S14?
I didn't take many pics of Matt's car because I haven't done his upper engine harness yet... here's what his dash/chassis harness looked like before lol.

After with relay/circuit breaker panel, big bundle of white wires runs to his switches/gauges just how he wanted it:

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
my interior before. not anymore, gona put the interior back

killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #14
james13

james13 is an unknown quantity at this point
wire tuck?

james13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #15
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by james13 View Post
wire tuck?

this is too dope
Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #16
doomviillain
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
doomviillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to doomviillain
Quote:
wire tuck?

how about your wiring harness isnt there cheater!
Your argument is invalid.
doomviillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #17
james13

james13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomviillain View Post
how about your wiring harness isnt there cheater!
Look a smidge closer there turbo...
james13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 AM   #18
SpoolinX

SpoolinX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
wire tuck?

i love your bay james, but you gotta ditch the turbo and go itb.
SpoolinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #19
SpoolinX

SpoolinX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
wire tuck?

Fat kids turbo ls s14 was so clean!!!! I miss that car
James I hope your s13 will be as clean as your s14
SpoolinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Honda-Tech.com
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
REVOisGO
Leaky Injector

REVOisGO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to REVOisGO Send a message via MSN to REVOisGO

cut and respliced all chassis wires, omitted unneeded ones, and ran everything under the dashboard. worst place to put a fuse box ever, dont do it.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOisGO View Post

cut and respliced all chassis wires, omitted unneeded ones, and ran everything under the dashboard. worst place to put a fuse box ever, dont do it.
is this the targa 240, or another one?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
REVOisGO
Leaky Injector

REVOisGO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to REVOisGO Send a message via MSN to REVOisGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
is this the targa 240, or another one?
no....its mine. the blue one with the zebra dashboard. mike's is red with an ls1
Old 05-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ctnewman
Pretty tucked:

Old 03-05-2017, 01:27 AM   #25
EarlsWorld

EarlsWorld is on the path to ruinEarlsWorld is on the path to ruinEarlsWorld is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnewman View Post
Pretty tucked:

where is your exhaust headed to? interesting setup
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
Envy2343
Zilvia Member

Envy2343 is an unknown quantity at this point
those are some sick tucks butt lets keep this thread with quotes to a min and pics to a max lol
Envy2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #27
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Tucked bays are my favorite.
Hope to finish mine soon.

Always thought this one was neat.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Chasebays CM1 wiring harness

Chasebays brake booster delete kit

Chase bays ka24de harness in development

Cant wait for it to look like this

Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #29
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Chase bays ka24de harness in development

Cant wait for it to look like this

[/QUOTE]

Damn thats going to be sex lmk when the final product comes out
Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #30
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Where do you get a bulk connector like this from?
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote