Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #931
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Yeah I don?t remember off the top of my head but I got some hardware from ACE that worked. I think they were M10x1.25

Basically bashed along that piece that goes around the tunnel (sheet metal tack welded on) just mash both side and the top flat. Should give you enough clearance. I did install my trans mount to make sure those holes didn?t shift though with all the bashing. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #932
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ended up ordering another Mazworx SR-Z33 trans kit and OsGiken twin disc clutch. Parted out this same setup a few years ago and never used it so now I get to do it all over again.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:57 PM   #933
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Wanted some opinions: just got my trans installed with my os giken super single (sr20). I have the shorter pivot ball in, but the slave is relaxed at full extension and the TOB barely touches the pressure plate. I'm thinking the longer pivot ball will fix this issue. When compared to my old clutch/flywheel, it's shorter in height. I know everything with this swap is very one off with your personal setup, but wanted to see if anyone else has the issue of it not reaching.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:46 AM   #934
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^^^ are you using the os giken TOB? I think the collar is longer to compensate for the shorter height.
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #935
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFGeofffff View Post
^^^^ are you using the os giken TOB? I think the collar is longer to compensate for the shorter height.
Yes I am. It actually comes with a carrier and Tob already pressed on. I don't have a picture but it was just slightly taller than the OEM SR carrier and TOB that was with my competition clutch. I ordered the longer pivot ball as that's really the only solution i can think of. Even if I spaced the Tob itself, it looks like the fork sits so far back towards the bell housing opening.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:47 PM   #936
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Alright so new pivot ball in. I was hoping to slip it out with the trans on but fuck my life I guess.

Testing it off the car, i have travel to just past the half way point in the window before the carrier is off it's guide. With the trans on the fork sits maybe 1/8" from the far left side of the window and it touching the pressure plate fingers. The slave cylinder also has about an 1/8" from full compression. Curious about other people's swing arc of the arm. I could always take the washer it comes with and swap it for a thinner one to gain a little more room, but I'm not sure of I need it? I can always have a stopper on the pedal so I cant over-extend.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #937
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
For peace of mind and extra adjustability to fine tune the throw i ordered the adjustable clutch slave rod from Ogura Racing.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #938
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
For peace of mind and extra adjustability to fine tune the throw i ordered the adjustable clutch slave rod from Ogura Racing.
Perhaps I'm stupid, but I've been googling this with no results other than clutches?

Old 07-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #939
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Perhaps I'm stupid, but I've been googling this with no results other than clutches?
I literally typed "ORC clutch rod"...

https://www.rhdjapan.com/orc-adjusta...d-s13-s14.html

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 07-29-2020 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: img too large
Old 07-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #940
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I literally typed "ORC clutch rod"...

https://www.rhdjapan.com/orc-adjusta...d-s13-s14.html
I was typing "ogura racing slave cylinder rod" lol. I appreciate the spoon feed[emoji3590]

Old 08-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #941
l3eltinck
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
l3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-knownl3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-knownl3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So, where's the list of parts for converting an S14 to a cd009 / RB25 to z32 rear?
l3eltinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #942
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

So I got everything installed driveline wise. I had clearance issues with my drive shaft and shifter. Just throwing my setup on here for anyone looking to do the conversion.

SR20
Drift freaq motor mounts
Gk trans x member and mount
Rear subframe has solid riser bushings
Gk shifter and shaftmasters aluminum one piece abs shaft
Abs diff

Gk clearly lists their clearance at 90mm max. The widest part of the joint is 110mm, so obviously not going to work as is. The engine sits lower and subframe sits higher, giving the driveshaft a more straight line. The widest part is on the shaft side, and may have cleared with normal height engine mounts and subframe bushings (more tilt in the shaft). None the less, I shaved the dog leg down to clear. It's made of chromoly, and honestly don't see it breaking even with it being shaved.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #943
l3eltinck
Leaky Injector

l3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-knownl3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-knownl3eltinck is making his/her stupidity well-known
Bump. Everything z32 S14 - RB25 - cd009
Old 08-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #944
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3eltinck View Post
Bump. Everything z32 S14 - RB25 - cd009
Did you look at adapters yet?

Old 08-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #945
l3eltinck
Leaky Injector

Sort of, I saw that Technical shifter relocation CD999 serialnine.com...
What about the stuff to get that far even?

Last edited by l3eltinck; 08-03-2020 at 08:34 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #946
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3eltinck View Post
I've got a redtop coming, but the tracking info says UPS had an incident and it might take longer. :| I'm super-sketched out by it..

Date Location Activity Trailer
07/31/2020 10:35 P.M. Los Angeles, CA, United States Departure 892974 UMXU
07/31/2020 10:00 P.M. Los Angeles, CA, United States An incident has occurred which may result in a service delay 892974 UMXU
07/30/2020 7:28 P.M. Los Angeles, CA, United States Shipment is at a UPS Freight location 928843 UPGF
07/30/2020 4:04 P.M. Los Angeles, CA, United States Shipment has been picked up 928843 UPGF

Why is this in here? How is this related to the thread topic?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #947
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Why is this in here? How is this related to the thread topic?
I think it's a spam bot getting post counts.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #948
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Possiably.....
Old 08-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #949
l3eltinck
Leaky Injector

Anyone around to talk to that makes a better / custom / carbon fiber driveshaft?
Old 08-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #950
S14rebuild
BANNED

Alright! ^^^^^^ BAN THIS BOT PLEASE
Old 08-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #951
l3eltinck
Leaky Injector

Robots

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Alright! ^^^^^^ BAN THIS BOT PLEASE
Bots are legally on the offensive... This is not legally, u may ban them.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:37 PM   #952
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Has anyone used a Nismo slave? I can't find anyone from the z forums, but it looks like it'd bolt up??

Old 09-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #953
ph1tnessjunk1e

ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wanted some opinions: just got my trans installed with my os giken super single (sr20). I have the shorter pivot ball in, but the slave is relaxed at full extension and the TOB barely touches the pressure plate. I'm thinking the longer pivot ball will fix this issue. When compared to my old clutch/flywheel, it's shorter in height. I know everything with this swap is very one off with your personal setup, but wanted to see if anyone else has the issue of it not reaching.

Did you get this figured out? I'm looking for the same opinion.

The TOB is touching the pressure plate here. It looks like I have a little bit more room for the fork to swing.

Below is with the slave installed and the fork at the point where the TOB is touching the pressure plate. It seems like the slave can extend further. I'm hoping to clarify if this looks normal/like it will work before it goes in the car.
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #954
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1tnessjunk1e View Post
Did you get this figured out? I'm looking for the same opinion.

The TOB is touching the pressure plate here. It looks like I have a little bit more room for the fork to swing.

Below is with the slave installed and the fork at the point where the TOB is touching the pressure plate. It seems like the slave can extend further. I'm hoping to clarify if this looks normal/like it will work before it goes in the car.

If you read a couple posts down after my initial one, the longer pivot ball fixed my issue. I was worried about over pressing the pp fingers since now the slave is in the fully retracted position, and the tob had a 1/8" gap to the PP. That's when I was spoon fed that adjustable rod (currently on the way). The other thing too is that z33 slaves have a spring that always wants to push the rod out. That means no matter what the tob will always ride the pp.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #955
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Thanks for all the info in here guys. I'm sure I'll be referencing it when getting my swap together.

That being said, if someone wants to sell me their setup, PM me

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #956
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
So, who's broken a CD or JK series?

Old 10-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #957
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
So, who's broken a CD or JK series?
Is that even a possibility on sub 600whp trq setups with these trans? I mean there?s always a possibility, but SR?s are torque monsters like larger displacement or V motors.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #958
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Is that even a possibility on sub 600whp trq setups with these trans? I mean there?s always a possibility, but SR?s are torque monsters like larger displacement or V motors.
I've seen some broken ones from cars drifting on sticky 265+ width tires.

500whp 2.2 liter SR.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:51 PM   #959
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

235 Goodrides, 480whp SR20, CD008 broken input shaft. Xtreme twin-plate clutch. I'm suspecting it has a lot to do with what clutch is used, and how much clutch kicking is involved.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #960
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
If you read a couple posts down after my initial one, the longer pivot ball fixed my issue. I was worried about over pressing the pp fingers since now the slave is in the fully retracted position, and the tob had a 1/8" gap to the PP. That's when I was spoon fed that adjustable rod (currently on the way). The other thing too is that z33 slaves have a spring that always wants to push the rod out. That means no matter what the tob will always ride the pp.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Im running a exedy hyper single(removed an act clutch no issue)

I had no clutch pedal till the last inch. No dampner, bleed perfect. Eneder up making a new slave master rod about 1/2inch longer..and perfect pedal..im using oem tb. What ive seen i think the exedy tb is thicker and that could be my problem..idk im good with my solution