Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #61
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
man i feel you guys on that one......mine needs a new rack and pinion and i need to change the power steering hoses....booo. thts the price you pay for loving a car..lol
C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #62
RYS13

Trader Rating: (0)
RYS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone ever decide to 2-tone a chuki fastback? Thinking of doing one, just wondering how it would look.
RYS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #63
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYS13
Anyone ever decide to 2-tone a chuki fastback? Thinking of doing one, just wondering how it would look.
No. Just... no.
Painting the roof and hatch black works (kinda) on a fastback, but the coupe two-tone looks terrbile on a fastback IMO.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #64
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Yuri, do you have the full set of oem schemes? I thought I saw it somewhere but I can no longer find it,

Thanks

_Robby
Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #65
DaN_S13
Leaky Injector

DaN_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
A guy picked this up not too long ago here in the UK. AFAIK it is completly standard including the paint. This is the second one with two-tone that I've seen here so far, both with the green/gray color scheme.
DaN_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #66
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
^Yeah, the 2tone fastbacks were only released in the UK.

But the weird thing is, ive seen a all stock look to be factory 2tone fastback up here in seattle. A friend of mine used to own it.

It just looks weird imo, the 2tone looks better on the coupe cause it makes it look longer and lower. The fastback...is still a fastback =]
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #67
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
is it just me or are most two tones are not very modified?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #68
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
No, just that most 2tone owners are poor.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #69
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipStylez
No, just that most 2tone owners are poor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i vouch that, that's the truth...lol
C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:14 AM   #70
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
lol i bumped the thread and like alot of people posted cars, thanks guys.

the window motor in my car has gone out twice, what i did when i replaced it the last time was lube up my mechanism cuz it was all dry and now it rolls up faster and smoother then my passenger. i got a used motor for 20-30 bucks just look around.

the two tone fastback in the picture looks ok, but when a guy painted the two tone himself it didnt look so hot, maybe it was the color scheme but it doesnt look right on the fastback. i personally love the green/grey blue/grey two tone coupes theyre better looking to me stock then any modified 240 ive seen out there. like yuri's car with those wheels looks assam.

and spending money on your car is your hobbie, its supposed to relax you. if its stressing you out putting money in your car then yes you shouldnt do it. but honestly if i didnt have my car i would have killed myself already.

i love two tone coupes. i cant wait to paint the top of my car the stock green color.
does anyone have suggestions or information on how much it would cost to buy the factory paint and in the two tone color because it looks different colors from different angles is that more of a process to paint it on or is that the paint itself. cuz im trying to keep my car budgeted but i have to have that color.

oh and i saw a green two tone coupe at pick a part, it was missing a hood and fender and i was seriously thinking about buying the shell until i noticed the driver side rear fender had been hit rest in peace.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #71
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Used my G/S as a DD for like 6months, then... lol Thanks Ex G/F

So then.. i put this on it.. shopping around for body shop..

Build date 10/88
Original Green Silver
HUD yes
Full power Yes
Sunroof YES
Auto Trans convert to manual
Good car, will be back at the track... one day.. lol.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #72
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman
oh and i saw a green two tone coupe at pick a part, it was missing a hood and fender and i was seriously thinking about buying the shell until i noticed the driver side rear fender had been hit rest in peace.
At the one on Beach in Stanton? I saw that one. That rear quarter dent is nothing. Its not even creased, so its an easy pop out. You should buy it (if they're willing to sell shells).
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #73
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
I was at that yard Saturday and Sunday, but didn't see the two-tone. There was a hatch that I got a leather interior from and an S14 with a full bomex kit though.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #74
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
the window motor in my car has gone out twice, what i did when i replaced it the last time was lube up my mechanism cuz it was all dry and now it rolls up faster and smoother then my passenger. i got a used motor for 20-30 bucks just look around.
yeah, I tried cleaning and regreasing the tracks. Tested it, and it still wouldn't go up. Popped the cover off the gear box and found that all of the gears are about half as tall as they should be, so now I'm trying to find a motor. Missed a cheap one on Ebay when I was out of town, I'll get one this week.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #75
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
well about buying the shell thing, it is a dream floating in my mind, i dont have the time and money to switch shells my car is my DD.

and Yuri you probably went to a different pick a part cuz the one in stanton never has s14's theyre too new i believe.

the window motors are little bitches and i hate them. i drove without a window motor for like 4 months before 2 weeks ago when i replaced it.
the first time it went out i went 6 months without a window motor.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #76
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactred
I was at that yard Saturday and Sunday, but didn't see the two-tone. There was a hatch that I got a leather interior from and an S14 with a full bomex kit though.
Haha, nice, I was there on Friday. That s14s sideskirts were trashed along with the front bump. I took some bolts off of that leathered s13...did you see the z32 there? I pulled the rear hubs and ebrake drums.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #77
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
and Yuri you probably went to a different pick a part cuz the one in stanton never has s14's theyre too new i believe.
Its the one a few blocks north of the stanton one, the one in Anaheim. The s14 is base though and was thoroughly raped already.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #78
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancid240
Haha, nice, I was there on Friday. That s14s sideskirts were trashed along with the front bump. I took some bolts off of that leathered s13...did you see the z32 there? I pulled the rear hubs and ebrake drums.
Were you the one who got to the two Z32s at the one at Katella too?
I'm never going to get 5-lug at this rate, arrgh.
but this thread is moving off topic fast. Quick someone post up some two-tones!
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #79
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe

its just something i whipped up with photoshop....check out the super custom one of a kind lip i designed...pretty mean stuff
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #80
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

^POSER 2TONE! BANN NOW!!

Looks nice IMO, also i rember a member on here with a custom bronze 2tone, and i liked it. Who is that?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #81
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
ohh geeze...sorry man, ill remove it if your serious
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #82
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
2-tone fastbacks =

Coupes are just sexier cars.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 AM   #83
Paul Frank
Leaky Injector

Paul Frank is an unknown quantity at this point
:'( no hatch love....
Paul Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #84
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #85
rps13 SR
Zilvia Member

rps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymore
coupes are no way sexier.. just that they have a diff look.. and its looks good with 2 tone.. but hatches are sexier.. especially the new ones from 96-98.. and kouki lights and stuff.. i know everyone is gonna disagree in here cause you guys just like the coupes better.. but hatchs looks sexier.. just ask a girl and tell them to think.. coupes are like the ae86 hatchs.. guys love them and think they look hot but they really look like poo
rps13 SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #86
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

My girl said coupes actualy looks like a real car. =]
Old 09-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #87
rps13 SR
Zilvia Member

rps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymore
thats because coupes are a real car.. its not a toy figure
rps13 SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #88
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13 SR
coupes are no way sexier.. just that they have a diff look.. and its looks good with 2 tone.. but hatches are sexier.. especially the new ones from 96-98.. and kouki lights and stuff.. i know everyone is gonna disagree in here cause you guys just like the coupes better.. but hatchs looks sexier.. just ask a girl and tell them to think.. coupes are like the ae86 hatchs.. guys love them and think they look hot but they really look like poo
FYI, there is no such thing as an S13 HATCH. Its a liftback, not a hatchback.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #89
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
FYI, it's a Fastback, not a liftback, or a hatchback.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #90
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Color of car: Platnium Blue pearl / charcol
Build date: 11/1988
original transmission: 5spd
sunroof: yes, power
HUD: Yes, working
wing: no
State: Canada BC

it has a small amount of mods done to it, mostly suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13 SR
thats because coupes are a real car.. its not a toy figure
coupes are also lighter then hatches 100 pounds lighter on a full loaded S13 coupe and the S13 hatch is much heavier
factory.

Last edited by Big Zee; 01-13-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote